Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I think there is a pretty good balance here, but I do see a lot of extremists. On both sides that is. I don't think these people are really that extreme in reality, its just the anonymity of the Internet that causes some people to hyperbole.

I work at a boring office job. I often end up finishing all the days work early and have little to keep me occupied until I punch out, so I come here for entertainment purposes, as I enjoy debating, but its mainly just a way to waste time in a little more productive manner . If I had more stuff to do I would not be here.
If you're really looking for debate, this isn't the place to be. If you like to be drowned in generalizations, then come on in, the water's fine.

Most of what occurs here is ****-slinging, followed by running away, so you don't have to prove the **** you just slung.

I feel that's what some people think a debate is.

EDIT: See above

Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
Often times, I'll browse the C-D Politics forum just to get an idea how folks stand on some issues in these interesting times we live in.

More often than not the number of posters are overwhemingly liberal, often with extremely intolerant views of conservatism and those politicians with a conservative agenda. The election was close but that is not reflected in this forum.

Why is this?

Because they dont work lol

Old 02-11-2014, 08:31 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Liberals don't dominate the board although you are correct that they do clog up the boards with more threads than other posters. Why is that? I have my observations. Conservatives outnumber liberals two to one and can shout just as loud as liberals and be nearly as nasty and intolerant as the liberals. Add independents into the equation who don't share their views either, and liberals are outnumbered on the boards by 4 to 1. Conservatives and especially independents tend to cite facts more and liberals usually get on the losing end of an argument. So they start a thread, get hammered and pummeled, and so move on. Plus they don't have many positive things to say so they tend to have to muck things up by searching out different topics to find something to say when major issues go against them. And they also post more often than others and enjoy arguing. Some particularly like bullying and insulting others although more often than not they end up getting worse than they dish out. Maybe some like the attention, who knows.
I will add, IMO most polls lean heavy to the right.

Many leftie posters post something ridiculous then never return.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:39 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think most of them stink, lol... the only talk radio host I listen to is Howard Stern.
That explains a lot!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:49 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
If you're really looking for debate, this isn't the place to be. If you like to be drowned in generalizations, then come on in, the water's fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Because they dont work lol
Yep. Drowning in generalizations. Usually stupid ones like the above.

Personally I like to come here to encourage folks such as DoD Guy in his stupendously stupid beliefs. The longer they live in their talk-radio-invented world, the easier it is for those of us in the real world to get on with things like winning elections.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:51 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Often times, I'll browse the C-D Politics forum just to get an idea how folks stand on some issues in these interesting times we live in.

More often than not the number of posters are overwhemingly liberal, often with extremely intolerant views of conservatism and those politicians with a conservative agenda. The election was close but that is not reflected in this forum.

Why is this?
Since many of them don't work, they have lots of time to spend here.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I will add, IMO most polls lean heavy to the right.

Many leftie posters post something ridiculous then never return.
So do many righties, of course...

Old 02-11-2014, 08:55 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You all keep trying to convince us liberals are unemployed and on welfare, but those of us who can fact-check realize that's just another lie. We all know the red states collect more welfare and generally have higher unemployment rates, but whenever we post evidence to that fact, you just blame it on "minorities" (like that makes a difference?). I have a very good job, btw, and probably earn more than most of the right-wingers here... but let's not allow facts to get in the way of your rants!
It's a proven FACT that people who tend to vote for Democrats also tend to consume more social program dollars regardless of the state they happen to live in. Once you put aside all of that blue state/red state nonsense you see the truth behind the numbers. The unemployment rate for those who tend to vote Democrat are much higher than those who vote Republican.

I don't blame anything on "minorities", I blame it on lazy Democrat created leeches regardless of race because it's true.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:

Why is this?
Because they are at home living on the freebies while conservatives have to work

Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Since many of them don't work, they have lots of time to spend here.
Right on schedule.

More ignorant generalizations. But keep it up! Remember, voters only reject your conservative policies because they're too stupid to understand them. I encourage you to tell every voter you know this very thing. It should work wonders in the 2014 elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies