Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 PM

799 posts, read 1,092,676 times

Advertisements

Honestly at the core its Old vs Young that's dividing the country and then its race, and sexuality comes in third but they all bounce back to old vs young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,064,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
As I get older, I am realizing this more and more. I don't remember the moderation that I remembered growing up.

All I see these days is extreme polarization in viewpoints and political beliefs. It is not generally as apparent in person, but it is much more apparent in forums.

It seems the days of convincing someone of something or being convinced by anyone of something are gone.

Thanks
Our country is being nibbled away, bit by bit, by progressives who think that they can steal the enterprise, make it a progressivist mecca and that it will still produce the same sort of wealth as it did under capitalism.

We, as a nation, are being gang-raped by Liberals and the DemocRAT party, and some of us refuse to go down easily.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:02 AM

724 posts, read 591,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Our country is being nibbled away, bit by bit, by progressives who think that they can steal the enterprise, make it a progressivist mecca and that it will still produce the same sort of wealth as it did under capitalism.

We, as a nation, are being gang-raped by Liberals and the DemocRAT party, and some of us refuse to go down easily.
Case in point. Extremism based on fear, not fact.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,661,699 times
Great posts so far, to the poster who questioned my race. I am of mixed race white/puerto-rican. I appreciate the information that you are providing so far.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,471,413 times
Lightbulb Why are we so polarized as a nation concerning our political beliefs?

Quote:
As I get older, I am realizing this more and more. I don't remember the moderation that I remembered growing up.

All I see these days is extreme polarization in viewpoints and political beliefs. It is not generally as apparent in person, but it is much more apparent in forums.

It seems the days of convincing someone of something or being convinced by anyone of something are gone.

Thanks
Two things, mostly...

1. hate radio

2. Fox "news"

Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 AM

408 posts, read 606,307 times
Why are we so polarized?

Religious fundamentalism & secular governance living side by side in a highly-advanced, wealthy democracy. Only western country I know of where the religious faction has such leverage.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,322,981 times
Default Why are we so polarized as a nation concerning our political beliefs?

Because that works best for the government, keep the people divided, that way they don't pull together and focus on the real problems.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times
Quote:

Thanks
It was bound to happen.

Progressives for the last 100 years have been trying to "fundamentally change America". You start by trivializing the constitution.....by controlling education.

Constitutional conservatives have been fighting them ever since.

Now you throw in a master of deceit (obama) who preys an peoples fears and emotions, and you start to change minds.

It's sad really.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 AM

408 posts, read 606,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It was bound to happen.

Progressives for the last 100 years have been trying to "fundamentally change America". You start by trivializing the constitution.....by controlling education.

Constitutional conservatives have been fighting them ever since.

Now you throw in a master of deceit (obama) who preys an peoples fears and emotions, and you start to change minds.

It's sad really.
You sound like a typical listener of George Noory's coast to coast... maybe you should sit out a couple plays.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:07 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,031,314 times
It's honestly the media that's polarizing us, and the nation being slaves to the almighty television is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

As long as we have this idiotic democrat vs republican mindset, our nation will never honestly recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies