Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 PM

724 posts, read 593,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Oh yeah... Especially when he couldnt decide if we are a Republic or a Democracy.

What a disgrace.
You don't have to decide we are both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He's proposing changing the law! Nothing unconstitutional about that. He's deported far more illegal aliens than Bush did so he has executed the law. Now he is advocating for the law to be changed.

You are seriously confused....LOL
In flagrant violation of his sworn oath to uphold the laws of this land, he has ordered his Attorney General not to enforce laws which the president doesn't personally agree with, ie, the Defense of Marriage Act and many immigration laws. Proposing changes to a law is one thing. Ignoring laws for political gains is quite another.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
How exactly did your relatives get to America army chick? They weren't immigrants were they? Do you think a child had any choice in the matter? Now even though they have lived in the USA and know no other life, and are ready to become productive members of society, you would gladly send them back to a hopeless situation in the country of their birth.
I am willing to bet that the relatives of the poster in question were legal immigrants.

You do know the difference between legal and illegal, don't you?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Still sucking on those sour grapes I see. Labels aside, if it were up to the current right wingnuts, no lands in the USA would be designated as sacred and worthy of government protecton...so much for your Teddy Roosevelt analogy.
I fully support the National Parks programs, as does every Republican that I know.

I do oppose the EPA - which was signed into law by Richard Nixon, a Republican.

Your boxmakng is impotent.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
How exactly did your relatives get to America army chick? They weren't immigrants were they? Do you think a child had any choice in the matter? Now even though they have lived in the USA and know no other life, and are ready to become productive members of society, you would gladly send them back to a hopeless situation in the country of their birth.

Well let put it to you like this. Her ancestors as well as mine and many others, believe in the so called right to get to American thru hell and high water, but did it legally.

They learned the language in their new Country, and worked and hard they did as mine did from Italy. They did not beleive in asking for handouts, or felt they were special in any way, they were grateful for becoming legalized American Citizens, and relished in what America had to offer.

They became members and productive to society, by working hard and somtimes working 3 jobs at a time.

So that their children, my Dad and his Sister, could go to college in this Country.

They did not ask anyone for help, other then their will to work hard.

They achieved great things in this Country, because of hard work ethics, and i grew up pretty darn good, with parents that also belived in hard work ethics, and that no one can do for youself what you can do for you.

They were proud to be American Citizens, and in every shape way and form had pride.

Thats the difference, no problem with those that believe in the concept of doing things right, not wrong, and not breaking the law to do so.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Apparently my great great grandmother entered the country illegally. My mom recently told me she remembers her being fearful of anyone/anything "official" because the thought they would kick her out and back up to Canada .

I didn't watch the hoopla on TV, I don't remember watching too many Inaugurations.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He's proposing changing the law! Nothing unconstitutional about that. He's deported far more illegal aliens than Bush did so he has executed the law. Now he is advocating for the law to be changed.

You are seriously confused....LOL
BS. He went around Congress after the DREAM Act failed to pass.

And the illegal aliens apprehension number has been debunked several times.

You are seriously misinformed....LOL

Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:

Oh my father was a LEGAL immigrant and also knew no other life than his life in Brazil YET he managed to succeed in this country. So your "hopeless" situation is BS. My great grandparents were also immigrants, they came from England and Italy.... A few months back I found their records of arrival at ELLIS ISLAND. You know, they waited in line.

That's one stupid point pro illegal immigration folks fail to comprehend: millions of people immigrate from the only country they have known their entire lives to a country they barely know and do just fine. You want to tell me illegal aliens are somehow incapable of doing such thing? I think the issue here is unwillingness. Nothing else.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
There are hardly any topics around here about it. Seems to be intentional. Why is that???
Because the Nobamabots have got their talking points email yet.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
I found the inauguration inspiring and moving. I could not have been any happier when President Obama won his second term and yesterday was the icing on the cake. To have a president address equality, the environment, immigration in an inauguration speech was more than I expected. The reality is that he will accomplish only so much with our divided nation and Congress but regardless, his passion for progressive ideals was refreshing. Having it on Martin Luther King day was perfect. I look forward to the next 4 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies