Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
 
19,023 posts, read 25,947,159 times
Reputation: 7365

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Confiscating Assault rifles from the hands of morons isn't a bad thing
Ah so these guys are going to raid the cities then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Shanghai
588 posts, read 795,598 times
Reputation: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
They are warning Obama in case he does in any manner. They mean 'Zero Tolerance'. The 2nd Amendment must be upheld in it's traditional intent. Any alterations that will affect the traditional intent will not be tolerated.
You guys sure like your guns. You'd rather keep your right to have semi-automatic assault rifles even though they are often used to kill numerous people very quickly. The 2nd Amendment currently does not allow for possession of grenades. Why doesn't that upset you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,574,701 times
Reputation: 18521
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about telling the truth instead and saying they're a bunch of self-Righteous bozos who claim to protect and defend a document they are perfectly willing to crap on?

Because that would not be the truth.

That would be your delusional thinking at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,866 posts, read 46,574,701 times
Reputation: 18521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
You guys sure like your guns. You'd rather keep your right to have semi-automatic assault rifles even though they are often used to kill numerous people very quickly. The 2nd Amendment currently does not allow for possession of grenades. Why doesn't that upset you?

I'll take my 50 cal BR's any day over that bb gun.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't say I can't own them. It says that my government will not limit my right to have what they have. Remember we just over threw a government, when the document was composed... With many agreeing that there should be a bloody revolution every decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM
 
19,023 posts, read 25,947,159 times
Reputation: 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
You guys sure like your guns. You'd rather keep your right to have semi-automatic assault rifles even though they are often used to kill numerous people very quickly. The 2nd Amendment currently does not allow for possession of grenades. Why doesn't that upset you?
The CONS says arms, arms are fire arms, fire arms are hand guns and shouldered guns....

Grenades were known in the 18th and grenadiers carried grenades as well as bayonets and muskets..

The Cons doesn't say we have a right to grenades just arms... So no tanks, no ships of war with out letters of marque, no artillery either, not by RIGHT.

With enough money and back ground checks you may ask for permission to the Govt and gain these things, but not by rights...

But the term arms was to mean what ever was current. The framers knew changes occurred.. They know of repeating fire arms, as well as certain devices called engines. The framers tended to be a whole lot brighter than today's so called modern man..

Those people lived with out digital information, tv, radio, and phones.... The result was a highly articulate society that has degraded ever since these invention came to be.

Not only that but words were selected somewhat more wisely than today since dueling was still legal.

You couldn't run your mouth like many here do on CD... because if you did you might well be slapped on the face and challenged to a duel in the morning..

Now about your argument. We have a right to full auto weapons as well but we lost that in the Gun Control Act of 1968.Since the 1930's only 2 full auto weapons that were legally held were used in crimes and both times it was cops who committed the crimes.

One other time illegal guns that were full auto the AK's used in that Cal bank Robbery where the Cal police had to 'borrow' new guns from a local gun store because the Cal police were using out of date weapons.

Technically speaking, the Cal police broke the law since you can't borrow a gun that hasn't got a owner, and the owner has't passed the Cali back ground checks. I find that part interesting..

I have wondered if these now used guns were in fact bought by the state, or the gun shop took a hit....


And I also wonder why guys like you want criminals to have guns, but attack the law abiding owners? That doesn't make any sense to me.

A semi auto is a semi auto and it really doesn't matter how it works.. So the banned list is screwy too.

There are semi autos not on the list that shoot harder and farther in fact than some on the list.

For 55 years gun grabbers have been at banning guns and eroding Rights.. and again here we are at a cross roads where the liberals want everyone else to give up the Rights and the conserv's are not buying into it.

There is that other part of the 2nd no liberals ever want to bring up.... and that is the very reason there IS the 2nd......

I will give this away to you, but i expect you to dig a bit more.... Of course i don't care what you do or think..

so it is up to you and i am doing it because maybe i think you are sincere



A. The Federalist Papers, No. 28: Alexander Hamilton expressed that when a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise their original right of self-defense — to fight the government.[Halbrook, p. 67]


from here:
The Six Things Americans Should Know About the Second Amendment, by Richard W. Stevens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 35,147,192 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Whoa ! Where have I been? What did I miss? What executive order to confiscate guns?

Provide a credible link, please.
Nothing yet, but it is coming, you just wait.....and wait, and wait, and wait, and maybe one day Obama will come for their guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
 
19,023 posts, read 25,947,159 times
Reputation: 7365
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nothing yet, but it is coming, you just wait.....and wait, and wait, and wait, and maybe one day Obama will come for their guns.
I certainly hope not before he is Impeached, arrested for Fast and Furious and tried for Treason... maybe after that, he will have plenty of time to come after our guns. You know, while serving time in Mexico for aiding and abetting, or accomplice to murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 2,136,192 times
Reputation: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh no, some hillbilly sheriff is afraid the government is gonna come and take his guns away....I wonder how long it will take that sheriff to realize that he too is a government employee.
Duh, how so ? If he is (or they are ) the sherrif then he is either elected, or appointed by the state. Probably the former of the two. Nothing to do with the Government.

You just gotta love Wyoming and Utah. They don't take any sh-t from Obozo & his minions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 35,147,192 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Duh, how so ? If he is (or they are ) the sherrif then he is either elected, or appointed by the state. Probably the former of the two. Nothing to do with the Government.

You just gotta love Wyoming and Utah. They don't take any sh-t from Obozo & his minions.
Any yet no one outside of those two states really care about what they think about Obama because they will always get in line and vote Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 03:45 AM
 
16,433 posts, read 22,181,352 times
Reputation: 9623
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Is that only for those that believe in "god?"
No, God exists whether you believe in him or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top