Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Obama would never send the Army to stand up against all the county Sheriff's in Utah.
Why would Obama do that? Are the sheriffs of Utah planning on trying to take over Utah and turn it into a police state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM

571 posts, read 790,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
On Jan 22, 1973, SCOTUS legalized cold blooded murder. Are you really so confident in their ability to interpret our Constitution?
Uhhh, The Constitution established the Supreme Court and left it in charge of interpreting itself. You've got a problem with that? Maybe you hate The Constitution... Or you only bring up The Constitution when you agree with it?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Yes, you can own a LAW rocket or RPG. You have to pay the Treasury Tax for a restricted weapon for each round. BTW, An expended LAW is just an empty metal tube. There are many jet fighters in private hands, as well as tanks.
With full weapons systems?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The constitution was written in plain english so the people can determine when the government was overstepping their rights. It's up to us to keep the government in check hence why we have guns, to shoot government officials dead when they try to overstep their contract.
We have the Constitutionaly guaranteed right to vote which is how we change the government. The next chance is in 2014.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHERE in that oath are they tasked with determining the Constitutionality of any law? And more importantly, WHERE in the Constitution are they given that power/responsibility?
I got common sense as the angel on my shoulder. I won't let the government have both a monopoly on enforcement, legislation, and interpretation. That's just plain stupid.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
Uhhh, The Constitution established the Supreme Court and left it in charge of interpreting itself. You've got a problem with that? Maybe you hate The Constitution... Or you only bring up The Constitution when you agree with it?
I agree with every word of the Constitution. I don't agree with every Supreme Court decision.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can I legally own LAW rockets, RPGs, an F-16 with arms, etc.? People make the argument the 2nd Amendment is meant to give us the ability to fight a government turned tyrannical, just HOW can we do that unless we're allowed arms equal to the government's?
Actually if you've ever been to a air show, most retired military jets from the cold war you see and war planes (fighters and bombers) from WW2 are privately owned. Most are flown by retired Air Force veterans who bought them........and yes.....it wouldn't take much to arm some of them.......if it ever had to come down to it. But getting back to the 2nd.............do you believe it's a obsolete amendment?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I got common sense as the angel on my shoulder. I won't let the government have both a monopoly on enforcement, legislation, and interpretation. That's just plain stupid.
We'll take that as an anti-Constitution vote, right?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
We have the Constitutionaly guaranteed right to vote which is how we change the government. The next chance is in 2014.
Even better, we have the constitutional protected right to shoot whom we like dead when they enter our property be they criminals or law enforcement. That is more effective than voting.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
And this is what Thomas Jefferson was afraid of: the second amendment empowering "mob" rule, which this would be if someone defied the law in this regard.

On that note, they're won't be any large scale gun confiscations. And on another note, any new federal legislation that does come down towards gun regulation better be followed by the Sherrif or he'll get a nice contempt of court sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies