Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Really?

Because we are against wealth redistribution and social justice?

If all people simply took responsibility for themselves and their families, it would be a non issue.

In today's America, people want complete freedom to procreate, but assume no responsibility for their actions.

You take care of yours....I'll take care of mine.

How many kids do you have to support that don't live with you? (if you support them at all)

But I'M considered a greedy, selfish, mean SOB because I don't feel that I have responsibility for your kids as well as mine.
Then you are against the bible.
Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Acts 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Acts 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Acts 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Acts 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the price of the things that were sold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Noted.

We can't all be great humanitarians like you.

My entire life is devoted to providing for my family and our future. and you? Are you taking care of YOUR responsibilities? I think not.
Then you "think not." Whatever. I'm not popping Sominex, believe me.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by alphamale
How do we, as conservatives, "work hard for inequality"?

Hold the tax truck up a minute! There hasn't been a problem with revenue. Six of GWs eight years had record revenue. Spending is the biggest problem, yet one side refuses to stop.

Yes, we have had wars (which are falsely labeled "Republican wars"), but the biggest problem is still the spending addiction. Politicians (R&D alike) are BIG SPENDERS, and they load everything with pork.

The cure: Flat income tax, lower corporate taxes with fewer loopholes, incentives to repatriate cash from overseas, spend within your means; the economy will take off!

It's the state taxes that are the most regressive, not the federal taxes. Conservatives generally love regressive taxes and are happy to swap then in to reduce or eliminate progressive taxes.

Will a flat income tax keep existing tax breaks? If it does, that's just one more regressive tax.

As a burger flipper, I think I would be worse off if the economy took off. Very little upside potential for a burger flipper, and if the economy took off, rents would necessarily skyrocket.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,082 times
Quote:
How do we, as conservatives, "work hard for inequality"?
He said Christians not Conservatives.

There are Liberal Christians you know?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I don't for one min believe in gods existence. But if you Christan's believe in god and the Constitution says all men are created equal then why do you work so hard for inequality?
God made man equal.

However He made some men more equal than others so that they could help the poorer man by giving him his left overs and scraps.

The parable of the Good Samaritan tells us that God created the rich man so that he had the funds to be able to help the poor man.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies