Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 AM

32 posts, read 27,564 times

Advertisements

Mr. Hagel's record in the Senate clearly indicates that he opposes any strong action to stop or impede the Iranian drive toward nuclear weaponization. He not only eliminates the military option, even as a last resort, but he incredulously took a position even opposing economic sanctions. His nomination would send a clear signal to the radical Iranian regime that the Obama administration is willing to accept a situation of "nuclear containment". Such a policy is not only not in the interests of Israel. It is absolutely NOT in the security interests of America.

He was one of only a few who opposed categorizing the Iranian Al Quds as a terrorist organization, opposed the US designation of Hezbullah as terrorist, and advocated recognizing Hamas - a terror gang dedicated to the destruction of Israel and designated as a terrorist organization by the US and EU-and promoting it as a legitimate party to negotiations.

Hagel's policies on the Iranian nuclear drive, Islamic extremism, and anti-terrorism are inimical to the interests of the U.S.

His animosity toward Americans based on their particular sexual preference is despicable. Any unbiased observer would find his convenient “apology” for his anti-gay history on the eve of his nomination to be obviously insincere. Hagel is a liar.

The Hagel issue is not one of Democrats versus Republicans or liberals versus conservatives.
It is one of those who stand up for American national security interests versus those who don’t.
It is one of those who oppose the actions and existence murderous terror gangs versus those who don’t.
It is one of those who support equal rights for all Americans versus those who don’t.

It is one of those who stand up to the world’s extremists and terrorists and America’s security versus Hagel and his anti-gay pro-mullah cohorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM

32 posts, read 27,564 times
History now shows that Hagel's votes on the two Senate resolutions regarding the Iraq war were WRONG BOTH times.
First, in 2003, he voted IN FAVOR of invading Iraq. Second, in 2006, he voted AGAINST the surge. The surge is what turned around the war and led to its end. How could he be any more incompetent?

He has supported Assad, Achmadinajad, Hezbullah, Hamas.
He has no management experience. What makes him qualified to manage such an enormous branch of the government?

He is opposed by major media across the political spectrum. From the liberal Washington Post to the conservative Wall Street Journal.

for more see
Hagel No - A Project of American Future Fund
Chuck Hagel

Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
I'm going to laugh when Hagel is approved. I'm tired of listening to hysterical Republicans who think every issue is near apocalyptic.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dome View Post
History now shows that Hagel's votes on the two Senate resolutions regarding the Iraq war were WRONG BOTH times.
First, in 2003, he voted IN FAVOR of invading Iraq. Second, in 2006, he voted AGAINST the surge. The surge is what turned around the war and led to its end. How could he be any more incompetent?

He has supported Assad, Achmadinajad, Hezbullah, Hamas.
He has no management experience. What makes him qualified to manage such an enormous branch of the government?

He is opposed by major media across the political spectrum. From the liberal Washington Post to the conservative Wall Street Journal.

for more see
Hagel No - A Project of American Future Fund
Chuck Hagel

Obama must owe that Gasbag Hagel a favor.

Puhleeez....... is he and Kerry the best we can do? God help us.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
As a Nebraskan, I'm ashamed that this clown is from our state.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 AM

918 posts, read 816,610 times
Default My quite different view

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Obama must owe that Gasbag Hagel a favor.

Puhleeez....... is he and Kerry the best we can do? God help us.
i think as a right-wing partisan, that everyting Obozo does ha a strategy attached to it. I find it a metaphor for the dumbing-down of voting adults that noone questioned his reasons for noinating a republican in these deeply polarized political times. I 'll make my case i response to that,

Obozo, if you believe as I do, has a goal of "a one-party totalitarian state". That's in quotation marks, because I'm quoting myself, having been redundant about this on these forums. It's well-established by his pattern of behavior. He used Boehner's penchant for "capitulating by compromise" to drive a deeper wedge into the already wide schism between the RINOs and the conservatives of the Rerpublican Party. It has worked VERY effectively.

The Hagel nomination, gave us the portrait of a sorry individual who appeared to be on the cusp of senility, and I'm very serious about that assessment. His COMPLETE inability to articlate any accurate position for himself and relate to the administration trying to get him confirmed paints such a picture of him. Obozo has had to have spoken to him and likely found that to be something to use to his advantage of once again making a "Republican" look bad. After all that job position is directly, as all cabinet positions are, under HIS THUMB of control. HE always holds the trump card on major decisions and would not care if his Secy of Defense embarassed himself frequently, because in so doing he embarasses those of his own party MORE!

What should happens is the hearing committee should meet briefly in closed session and accept a suggestion by the ranking Repblican member for a professional medical evaluation of the nominee. Since that makes too much good snse, it likely will NOT happen.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
If Obama picked John McCain, the conservatives would saying he collaborated with the enemy when he was captured. Conservatives are never happy with anything Obama does.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Mr. Hagel's record in the Senate clearly indicates that he opposes any strong action to stop or impede the Iranian drive toward nuclear weaponization. He not only eliminates the military option, even as a last resort, but he incredulously took a position even opposing economic sanctions.
I without question oppose military action in Iran. Iran is going to go nuclear and nobody is going to stop them. The sabre rattling will do nothing.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
The angry, fearful, irrational right...

Spewing spittle at every action the president takes.

Devouring their own in the process.

Amusing...

Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Obama picked John McCain, the conservatives would saying he collaborated with the enemy when he was captured. Conservatives are never happy with anything Obama does.
If Romney was president and had picked Hagel the liberals would be crying fowl over Hagel's past positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies