Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Interesting and surprised, they have some strict regulations for on base use, registration and only long rifles from what I have seen but still kind of surprising. I don't see that larger bases like Ft Hood allow on base shops and most will not allow weapons in the general quarters.

I'm not sure what you mean by "general quarters"?

If you are talking single living in barracks, then no, you must keep them in the company armor.

If you are married, then you can keep them at you on base housing. Post dependent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 06:57 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I asked you for a link and you complained about me asking you for a link....you were a liar, until you had to EDIT your posting.

Beyond stupid is posting a link in such a controversial subject and claiming you are right.
This is my final post to you. I've had it with your childishness and fake accusations. No, I did not complain about anything, and I didn't HAVE TO edit anything. There is nothing wrong in adding information to your posts, which is what I often do. I added quotes and I added the link, which is what I was going to do no matter what.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
There's way too many Archie Bunkers in this country.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You asked who brought up race and I was referring you to the post.
Please go back and read, someone quoted me (my posting) as saying something about race, I did not.

I do understand that somone brought up race, but that was not me, which is why I was wondering why I was quoted, with "race."

Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please go back and read, someone quoted me (my posting) as saying something about race, I did not.

I do understand that somone brought up race, but that was not me, which is why I was wondering why I was quoted, with "race."
No it was old army that brought it up.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Concealed Carry is legal in TX, it is prohibited in schools in Texas at this time. The point of having a school policy is to take affect if any legislation actually passed in TX making it legal per the state. Just like any business is allowed to prohibit CCW in their establishment one would assume a school might be allowed to individually prohibit it even if TX made it legal.
OK, yes businesses are free to prohibit guns, but in this case the school would allow it, but the State does not.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Either way, it's largely irrelevant.

Your society allows and accepts concealed carry, and the right to bear arms.

What we are currently seeing is the results of that cultural belief. Americans love their guns.

It's a much bigger and more complex issue than some penal code or other.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleneO View Post
14 injured so far. You guys love your guns so much.
Or 3, I guess you love your numbers

Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is my final post to you. I've had it with your childishness and fake accusations. No, I did not complain about anything, and I didn't HAVE TO edit anything. There is nothing wrong in adding information to your posts, which is what I often do. I added quotes and I added the link, which is what I was going to do no matter what.
In post 271 you said the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I posted the actual school policy on my own post, so you can drop your silliness and fake accusations of me having an "agenda".
You only posted a link after I said something and that irritated you.....and forced you to post it.

Why would you post a "quote" and not post the link?

You HAD to edit your posting..........I guess that other stuff at 7:05PM just "got there."

Of course you were going to do it, after I called you on it.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
No it was old army that brought it up.
That's fine, but why would someone use a quote from me, and sya "I don't think race is a factor" of something like that....

When I posted nothing about race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies