Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Already a crime to drink and carry, and to carry inside taverns and bars that serve alcohol (for most states--which bars\taverns\restaurants pending state law). How exactly does that not cover students and professors?
Who said anything about carrying? If the kids had guns in their rooms, which is where they get hammered, there would be an increased chance of accidents. Do you disagree with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
There's way too many Archie Bunkers in this country.
lol

Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Some of that has some superficial validity to it. But how many of these gangsta shooters obey gun-control laws intended to keep them out of their hands? Answer that one first. Are you saying punks and street thugs don't obey gun laws?
I didn't say they obey laws. Killing someone in itself it a violation of law, with or without guns. I am pro-gun BTW, I am just saying that the "gun free zone" argument is pretty weak. I think arming party happy collage kids would lead to a lot of firearm accidents.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Funny, they never seem to take place at gun-shows....
They may not take place at gun shows, but they most certainly, in many cases, originate there because of the fact that anybody can walk into a gun show and walk out with their weapons of mass destruction of choice without worrying about a background check.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Wow. 344 posts over an issue which really didn't occur.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
They may not take place at gun shows, but they most certainly, in many cases, originate there because of the fact that anybody can walk into a gun show and walk out with their weapons of mass destruction of choice without worrying about a background check.
"Weapons of mass destruction" Good grief the pathetic left never fails to take it to the next level. Looks like we found the "leftist moron loophole"

Not that you care, I'm sure you actually know the truth but you can't buy a gun at a gun show without a background check unless you're buying from a individual... which could and does take place anywhere, not just a gun show.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say they obey laws. Killing someone in itself it a violation of law, with or without guns. I am pro-gun BTW, I am just saying that the "gun free zone" argument is pretty weak. I think arming party happy collage kids would lead to a lot of firearm accidents.
No it isnt a weak argument. If you are arguing for more gun control as the "solution" to the "problem"?

Then you must first show how they have worked thus far. The burden of proof is on your side, not mine.

And who said anything about arming party happy college kids? What do those of you ilk always resort to the silliest absurbity, you can come up with?

Talk sensible, fer gosh sakes...

Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
To start, how many gun shows have you ever been to in your life? Please answer that. For that matter, have you ever even fired a gun? Where are you from?

Do guns scare you or something?

If I want to sell a certain firearm of mine to another law-abiding citizen? Why is it any of your business and why do you care?

Mass Destruction? Like I asked earlier. Have you ever even held a gun in your life?

If not? I know this might be a hard concept to fathom...

...but a gun is no more inherently dangerous than a chain saw. In all depends upon who is using it and why and how they are using it.

In the hands of a bad guy? Then a gun is a "bad tool"

In the hands of a good guy/gal? It is the ONLY thing that will stop the bad guy.

Simple as that.

And you would likely beg and pray that one of those good guys would show up to protect you and your kids (if you have kids), if you were at the mercy of a mass-shooter.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

Not that you care, I'm sure you actually know the truth but you can't buy a gun at a gun show without a background check unless you're buying from a individual... which could and does take place anywhere, not just a gun show.
And?
Quote:
unless you're buying from a individual
And?

This is the problem. NO ONE should be able to purchase a weapon ANYWHERE without a background check first.

Do you not think that many of the people buying "from individuals" at gun shows (or elsewhere) are doing so for the very reason that they a) know they can't pass a background check or; b) don't want a paper trail?

Quote:
you can't buy a gun at a gun show without a background check unless you're buying from a individual
Thank you for making my case for me!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
And?
And?

This is the problem. NO ONE should be able to purchase a weapon ANYWHERE without a background check first.

Do you not think that many of the people buying "from individuals" at gun shows (or elsewhere) are doing so for the very reason that they a) know they can't pass a background check or; b) don't want a paper trail?

Thank you for making my case for me!
While we're working on making sure people do background checks to buy guns ANYWHERE why don't we also make it illegal to burglarize homes or break into cars without a proper background check too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies