Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Others from his school also said he had outbursts. That seems to be a truth.

I don't understand why his mother had weapons in her home at all much less teaching him to use them. She seems to have been an intelligent woman. He was clearly an unbalanced kid, regardless of whether he was on meds or not. This is what it comes down to for me, I don't get the mother's actions at all.
Maybe she was one of the many gun-owners who will never give up their right to have guns, even when it endangers their own welfare (and unfortunately the lives of others.) You can bet that right now there are unsecured guns in the homes of parents who know their kids are disturbed. But will they rid their homes of guns, even temporarily?----no, because darnit they have a right to those guns.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
We will never know the truth about the meds he was taking because it's not part of the agenda. I know most of you on this forum are young kids or lack the common sense needed to understand this.

If any of you were ever prescribed any of the mind altering drugs that were given to the majority of people who committed mass murders in the past 20 years or more you also would have a better understanding why these people were capable of doing what they did. But I know the MSM has not told you all these things so once again you are all clueless to the facts.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Guns were a tool used.

The person killed people.
They BOTH killed people.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
We will never know the truth about the meds he was taking because it's not part of the agenda.
This ^^^ sounds pretty paranoid to me. Of course the people investigating this incident can EASILY discover if he was prescribed any serious anti-psychotic drugs and whether or not he was taking those drugs. The ME can and I'm sure did determine what was in his blood.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
This ^^^ sounds pretty paranoid to me. Of course the people investigating this incident can EASILY discover if he was prescribed any serious anti-psychotic drugs and whether or not he was taking those drugs. The ME can and I'm sure did determine what was in his blood.

It's not called paranoid, it's being wide awake and understanding how our government and media operates. You have to be real gullible or very young not to see this.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
We will never know the truth about the meds he was taking because it's not part of the agenda. I know most of you on this forum are young kids or lack the common sense needed to understand this.

If any of you were ever prescribed any of the mind altering drugs that were given to the majority of people who committed mass murders in the past 20 years or more you also would have a better understanding why these people were capable of doing what they did. But I know the MSM has not told you all these things so once again you are all clueless to the facts.
You know, "mind-altering drugs" are more likely to be given to people who need their minds altered - aka, the mentally ill. Just because a mass murderer is/has been on psychiatric medications does not mean the medications caused the break. It might mean the medications weren't working, or that the person was not taking them properly, or had suddenly stopped taking their meds. Correlation does not equal causation.

I'm not sure, but as to the paranoid part of your post, they haven't released the information yet, but I'd expect to hear more about his mental state and the treatments he may have received in another month or two. They have a lot more investigating to do before they will be willing to publicize too much.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM

It might mean the medications weren't working, or that the person was not taking them properly, or had suddenly stopped taking their meds.

There we go! There just might have been behavioral problems caused by the drugs he was prescribed.

Have you ever been prescribed Prozac, Paxil, Zolof, or any meds for ADHD?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Others from his school also said he had outbursts. That seems to be a truth.

I don't understand why his mother had weapons in her home at all much less teaching him to use them. She seems to have been an intelligent woman. He was clearly an unbalanced kid, regardless of whether he was on meds or not. This is what it comes down to for me, I don't get the mother's actions at all.
Mama was a gun nut. She loved to shoot and taught him how to shoot. She was from a New Hampshire farm. I tend to think her husband didn't allow guns in the house when they were married, so when they divorced, she splurged. All of her guns were modern and expensive, and she had a lot of them.

The kid's mental condition was deteriorating, and she had made plans to move to Colorado, where he would be placed in a care home, and she would live independently. There is nothing uncommon in that- there is a big support industry that has developed to allow impaired young adults to live on their own with assistance. I'm sure that, in her mind, the move was a new beginning for both of them, and she foresaw nothing but happier lives for them.

We will never know exactly what transpired, but Lanza either discovered her plans, or she talked to him about them, and it's very plausible that was what set him off. He had been retreating and isolating himself steadily over a year's time.

Was he a ticking time bomb? Maybe. Possibly. Probably. But family members are most often the last to realize danger in a slowly escalating family situation. She probably have died never realizing just how troubled and dangerous her son had become.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, and according to the report on the briefing given to the parents, state law prohibits any release of that information, even after death.

"State Police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance said that state law prevents authorities from releasing information about Lanza's mental state.
"A medical history doesn't die with an individual and there was some discussion about that," he said. "It's our responsibility to abide by state law even when conducting an investigation.""

Read more: Families briefed on Sandy Hook shootings probe - StamfordAdvocate

Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Guns were a tool used.

The person killed people.
Duh...guns are an extremely EFFICIENT killing tool. Why do you think 30,000 people are killed by them every year? Maybe you think nukes are just a tool too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies