Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 08:43 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The first scenario was a woman I worked with. She was from Thailand so could not even speak English and was dependent on her boss. Her boss needed her to work long hours, the woman had a child and another pregnancy would interfere with her work. I came in and she was silently crying all day. At lunch the boss told me she had had an abortion. I knew who told her how to go get one. The woman boss she was dependent upon.

Second scenario was my SIL. She was a nurse in a hospital. She got pregnant and they fired her. She was able to prove it was because she did not get an abortion. That case would be on file since she got a nice settlement. It's still against the law to fire someone using false reasons.

Side note. Her daughter (the one who would have been aborted) just got married and all the people I show her picture to say she looks like a model or a movie star she is so beautiful. I just wish the first woman would have had someone there to help her have her beautiful child, it was clear she didn't want the abortion----it was the unchoice.
So your personal experiences back up what the "study" found, that PP has nothing to do with coercion. Interesting... I guess we can lay to rest the idea that PP has anything to do with coercion, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default Gross--

Um, Gross. - Chicks on the Right

Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
BUT the topic is abortion. If one wants to talk about God being a fantasy then that is a whole other topic.
But the "pro-life" thingamajig is a religious thing, based on a religious point of view, promoted by churches, and engaged in by religious people who agree with that religious belief. And you're telling me this has nothing to do with religion? Ha!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
But the "pro-life" thingamajig is a religious thing, based on a religious point of view, promoted by churches, and engaged in by religious people who agree with that religious belief. And you're telling me this has nothing to do with religion? Ha!
Yes.

How people arrive at a pro life position is irrelevant to the position. The position is that abortion is murder. That's what must be argued against, not God.

If you want further proof, go visit www.godlessprolifers.org

Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes.

How people arrive at a pro life position is irrelevant to the position. The position is that abortion is murder. That's what must be argued against, not God.

If you want further proof, go visit www.godlessprolifers.org
That a cluster of cells is a human being is a:

(1) Religions position
(2) Based on religious ideology
(3) Promoted by the religious
(4) Politicized by the religious
(5) Proselytized by certain religions
(6) For the purpose of FORCING other people to see clusters of cells as walking, talking human beings.

And I don't like being proselytized, no matter what it is. I don't find it amusing, I'm not going to ever find it amusing, and I think it's a heinous attempt to gain control of MY BODY.

As I said previously, stay out of my chichi, and if YOU don't believe you should remove the cluster of cells, then by all means DO NOT, but stay out of MY CHICHI.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That a cluster of cells is a human being is a:

(1) Religions position
(2) Based on religious ideology
(3) Promoted by the religious
(4) Politicized by the religious
(5) Proselytized by certain religions
(6) For the purpose of FORCING other people to see clusters of cells as walking, talking human beings.

And I don't like being proselytized, no matter what it is. I don't find it amusing, I'm not going to ever find it amusing, and I think it's a heinous attempt to gain control of MY BODY.

As I said previously, stay out of my chichi, and if YOU don't believe you should remove the cluster of cells, then by all means DO NOT, but stay out of MY CHICHI.
Since the left claims to be about science: science tells us that at conception there is a living organism of the human species with its own individual DNA distinct from both mother and father.

I understand your postion, but there is more to it for some than religion.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
The churches do a much better job and the money does not need to go to government workers. It goes straight to the poor.
the same churches that preach not to have sex or use birth control? the same churches who have problems with their own dallying with minors?

Some of the more progressive churches will provide birth control (mostly condoms), but that is reliant on donations. If donations don't come in, the church cannot provide support.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Since the left claims to be about science: science tells us that at conception there is a living organism of the human species with its own individual DNA distinct from both mother and father.

I understand your postion, but there is more to it for some than religion.
ALL cells have DNA - bacterial cells, kidney cells, vestigial organs. SO WHAT? What does any of that have to do with the fact that the notion of a cluster of cells being a living, talking human, is a religious notion believed by religious people, and promoted by them politically?

Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Safe... Legal... Rare... Prompt... Free

Rare by means of far better education and use of contraception than we have today.
Aside from the million conceptions lamented so thoroughly in this thread...
there are probably another million similarly ill considered conceptions to be avoided... that aren't.

Prompt because once the diligent, educated try to avoid conception line has been crossed...
and the choice to exercise the right has been made... NO ONE gains from delay.

Free because dealing with the costs are the single largest hindrance to prompt...
(and it's the best use of public funds if/when even available HI won't pay)

The right to make the choice without the ability to exercise it... isn't much of a choice at all.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Just a thought, is not an IUD causing a spontaneous abortion every time an egg that is fertilized implants itself onto the uterine wall? It is just one of the forms of birth control. Many women are getting abortions for accidental pregnancies, not just to use as birth control. I as a man believe that it is a woman's choice to use what ever form of bc is available for her, no man or any other woman should have a say.

We are humans with a conscience, not just animals in heat procreating because it is the natural instinct to increase our numbers for survival sake. We are not cats and dogs popping out litters. Maybe Octomom and some others, but we do not need to. The planet is already over burdened, many countries are in dire straits because of too high of a population, too few jobs and declining economies. It is not responsible to just keep making more babies who would need more food, clothing, education and then where are the jobs for them? And if all of those extra babies were born, not all are going to be wanted. So that means more put of for adoption or just abandoned. Adding more does not make sense in any way at all, but taking care of those who are already here and need help does make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies