Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times

Advertisements

Growing up I've lived in both situations. I've seen racism on all sides. When I was in rural areas I saw racism against minorities and when I was in the inner-city I was a target and victim of racism. In my high school in Miami we had a day that all the kids knew as 'Cracker-day' where all the black kids would jump white kids just for being white. This was in the 90's. They also had Haitian Friday's where American black kids would jump any Haitian kids who dared show up at school. This was a normal occurance, but not really viewed as racist in an urban setting such as the one I lived in at the time. When I lived in rural areas I saw how white kids treated minorites. There were less violent incidents back in those days compared to the innercity incidents I knew of, but racial remarks were normal in rural areas against minorities. Regardless of which setting I was in I was always for the minority of that setting and against the crowd because I hate mob mentalities.

Anyone else experience both forms of racism? Any other inner-cities you know of in which one group specifically targets another on certain days like in my experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
How profound, another example that prejudice exists for all demographics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies