Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nobody (AFAIK) is trying to pretend they're interchangeable... as a proud woman, I actually find that concept rather offensive. But if a woman can perform the duties, pass the physical tests, etc, she should have EQUAL rights to be in combat if she chooses. Why should men only get the option of trying? And don't give me that nonsense about "men not being able to focus around women," because that is basically a Sharia/Hasidic type of attitude - in other words, incredibly misogynistic and archaic. If a man (or woman) can't control their hormones in a combat situation, they have no place being there anyway.

Starship Troopers!!!

"Want to know more?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Already happened.
That's with the all volunteer force. Wait until Susie next door, single mother of two, is drafted and comes back in a body bag.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Obama wants to put our young women in harms way.
Yes because god know women don't want to pursue career paths in the military that would entail combat.

It's all Obama's idea.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
If the woman has the same qualifications, can perform her duties to the best of her ability, all the physical testing necessary, why should she not be able to also share in equal rights.

No one should have a problem with this, if the women are as qualified as the men. If this is her wish, why deny her.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Women want equality, why should they be denied? Now they will have the privilege to sign up for selective service and fight in wars. It's not necessarily a bad idea, women fought for Russia since WW1 and they still won wars.
On that note I found this:
Real women have saved lives, gone in to space, fought wars, invented, financed and designed everything from nuclear fission to radium, and from DNA to COBOL. Real women have overcome as many, if not more, obstacles and hardships than have men. Women pioneered, starved, reigned, battled, spied, strategized, and taught, doctored, nursed, reared families, started churches, and won political rights, yet few magazines, books, movies and television productions tell these stories. It's not a gender thing, it's not a sex thing, it's not a strength thing - a highly trained, highly intelligent, strongly motivated person can do any job the military has to offer - and do it well. After all, the Amazons didn't cut off their breasts any more than the Legion of Thebes cut off their testicles - and both groups won battles galore!
Barbara A. Wilson, Capt. USAF (Ret)

Why Not Women in Combat?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
If this is even to remotely work there needs to be men-only and women-only combat outfits. Besides what others mentioned, it's man's instinct to chase women and compete with other men. This would destroy moral. Also before a battle it's best to avoid sex. Something about sex dulls urgency.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I heard on the news Panetta will authorize women to serve in combat, anyway in positions they have previously not been allowed. Of course this is a terrible idea which will further destroy our military. You can't make this stuff up.
I would think that this is a personal decision that should be left to the women. They are plenty smart enough to make their own choices in life.

Unless, of course, it tramples on someone's shaky manhood. Then again, those who feel funy about women can always get a CWP and a Kimber or a Glock and compensate for the disappointment they feel when a woman can do their jobs.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:43 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
With the exception of the lack of Civil Rights, most people would rather it be 1953 I would imagine
I wouldn't.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:43 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Wow. First Obama ends the war in Iraq, then kills Bin Laden, allows gays in the military, and now women in combat!

I think conservatives are going to be signing up for Glenn Beck's utopian compound in droves soon. Let's just hope they drink the grape-flavored kool-aid.
Now Evan, we have no problem with them greeting their limbs clipped to keep your sorry asset around. I have no problem with them getting killed....too. Far from it. They will truly be equal and any preferential anything should end at that point. No female owned company nonsense, just pure taxation and responsibility like the rest of us and yes, equal pay!

If they end up getting raped? Well, once you go Arab, you....never shave?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That's with the all volunteer force. Wait until Susie next door, single mother of two, is drafted and comes back in a body bag.
If Susie is a single custodial mother of 2 I don't think she'll be drafted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies