Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
6, actually.

Are you insinuating there's no difference between prisoner scum and soldiers? One group is being punished, while the other is serving freely. You're still not convincing me, or pretty much anyone that shares your misogynistic views, that women serving in combat is a bad idea.
A quick search shows (Rape in the military: exposing the shocking truth | Life and style | The Guardian) 20% of women serving now have been "sexually assaulted" lol. But I wasn't talking about rape. You brought rape up. I really am not concerned about women being raped if they decide to enlist in a male military. What I care about morale and danger to men. Segregate the women. No women will be raped, and morale will less likely be affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,283 times
Vietnamese women made up a large percentage of the enemy fighting forces that defeated the mighty US war machine in Vietnam.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
A quick search shows (Rape in the military: exposing the shocking truth | Life and style | The Guardian) 20% of women serving now have been "sexually assaulted" lol. But I wasn't talking about rape. You brought rape up. I really am not concerned about women being raped if they decide to enlist in a male military. What I care about morale and danger to men. Segregate the women. No women will be raped, and morale will less likely be affected.
How long are those army patrols actually out in the field without going back to base? Weeks? Months? Somehow I don't think your requirements will need to be done since I doubt any units out there are out in the field for that long. As for weakening morale, I still don't see how it will. If you're getting shot around you, instinct will try to preserve your life, not ogle at some woman's ass

Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Vietnamese women made up a large percentage of the enemy fighting forces that defeated the mighty US war machine in Vietnam.
Like the war effort by the soviets, the war of vietnam was that of survival. Everyone was involved, even children. But out of that total, women didn't make up a large percentage of fighting forces. They were less than 1% and segregated.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How long are those army patrols actually out in the field without going back to base? Weeks? Months? Somehow I don't think your requirements will need to be done since I doubt any units out there are out in the field for that long. As for weakening morale, I still don't see how it will. If you're getting shot around you, instinct will try to preserve your life, not ogle at some woman's ass
99% of military life is waiting. 1% is getting shot at, if you're lucky. What happens in that 99% determines your morale and your effectiveness for that 1% .

Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i respectfully disagree in certain areas they could be valuable. high tech combat centers require the skills of a video game player
no muscle needed. just good nerves and quick thinking.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I heard on the news Panetta will authorize women to serve in combat, anyway in positions they have previously not been allowed. Of course this is a terrible idea which will further destroy our military. You can't make this stuff up.

Your the same kind of men, that refused to let women, work or vote in early America.

And your the dumbest and least manly, of all men. You love to get into your homosexual like groups, and act as if you were Kings.

No man has the right to tell a woman, what she can, or can not do.

This is America.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
No we don't, but you will get them and eventually, like everything else, will become desensitized to seeing it and it will become "the norm". Just another day in Afghanistan or whatever country we are in "nation building" and creating a "democracy".

Our military is undermanned, so I'm not surprised by this. We have guys who sign up for 4 years and another 2-4 are tacked on (that's not an option the soldier has, it's the military's option to extend your time). They do multiple tours. Some have served in Afghanistan for 15 months, go home for a month, only to be ordered to deploy back to Afghanistan indefinitely. The shortage of manpower doesn't allow them enough time to refresh the troops.
This was true at the height if the engagements. It is not the case now.

As a matter if fact, if a service member does not have a mission-critical MOS, re-enlisting is not guaranteed these days. Lots of folks at mid-level ranks are being cut with the draw-downs.

As for the OP, good.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This was true at the height if the engagements. It is not the case now.

As a matter if fact, if a service member does not have a mission-critical MOS, re-enlisting is not guaranteed these days. Lots of folks at mid-level ranks are being cut with the draw-downs.

As for the OP, good.
Maybe out of Iraq, but we're starting new wars every week. They're probably on their way to Africa now.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Your the same kind of men, that refused to let women, work or vote in early America.

And your the dumbest and least manly, of all men. You love to get into your homosexual like groups, and act as if you were Kings.

No man has the right to tell a woman, what she can, or can not do.

This is America.
Challenging a man's manliness from the safety of your computer and with the aide of anonymity is not manly. It's the opposite. It lacks honor. If you were in person, I'd give you respect for saying to him what you tried to do here. Now I think of you as a catty woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies