Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,940,629 times

Advertisements

Today on the train I met another American that came to the country I'm currently in in order to get a MRI and work done on his knee. Said it would have cost him over $30k back home which would have bankrupted him but over here he can get high quality care from Western trained doctors and get the same procedure done for $3k. I thought through US had good hc? Are Americans really too stupid to see how awful our ridiculously absurd for profit health care system US that is overrun with profit motivated insurance companies and tons of health care admins that make 6 figure salaries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,264,759 times
you must be in North Korea!!!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 PM

106 posts, read 159,544 times
Firstly, if you don't name the country, we have no idea whether their medical system is for profit or not.

Secondly, I don't know if you've noticed, but the cost of health care is rising rapidly since Obamacare was passed by our corrupt representatives.

So what is your point, actually?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,087,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Today on the train I met another American that came to the country I'm currently in in order to get a MRI and work done on his knee. Said it would have cost him over $30k back home which would have bankrupted him but over here he can get high quality care from Western trained doctors and get the same procedure done for $3k. I thought through US had good hc? Are Americans really too stupid to see how awful our ridiculously absurd for profit health care system US that is overrun with profit motivated insurance companies and tons of health care admins that make 6 figure salaries?
Noted.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:49 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,973,398 times
Hooray for stupid threads.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,914,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
I love anecdotal evidence. It's so scientific. I once saw astronauts floating in space which proves gravity doesn't exist.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,569,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West2South View Post
Firstly, if you don't name the country, we have no idea whether their medical system is for profit or not.

Secondly, I don't know if you've noticed, but the cost of health care is rising rapidly since Obamacare was passed by our corrupt representatives.

So what is your point, actually?
It has been rising rapidly before any one ever heard of him. Where have you been?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,954,214 times
Actually, health care inflation has been lower under Obama than in the previous 8 years and the rate of inflation is below the historic average.

US Health Care Inflation Rate

Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM

23,621 posts, read 17,305,873 times
"Are Americans really too stupid to see how awful our ridiculously absurd for profit health care system US that is overrun with profit motivated insurance companies and tons of health care admins that make 6 figure salaries?"

Apparently the Obama administration directs all their effort to pay the going rate vs reducing health care costs. Include decades of legislators and lawyers in that group as well. Spent about 10% of a US surgery just going to EU and more to stay until he can travel home.

If that other American wants to risk his knee to a foreign doc, that's his choice. If something does go wrong, forget about a lawsuit.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,522,469 times
I'll take a crappy, expensive HC system over not having enough money for a HC system period. This new system will, and already is destroying business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies