Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,426,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No it's teachers bullying a 5th grader for throwing away a torn piece of paper to push their anti gun ideology onto the little children. Then of course calling the child a murderer by the other students none of which were "talked to" by the so called adults according to the story. Good work liberals.
The double standard is hilarious. If there wasn't a a paper gun involved, and this was a kid who was scolded by a teacher and made fun of by her classmates for chewing gum in class, you guys would be all over the kid and parents for simply looking for their 15 minutes of fame. You'd argue that kids just need to toughen up to bullying like the good ole days, and that in your day kids were paddled by teachers rather than scolded.

Look, I use to make throwing stars out of folded paper. If I got caught with it, I'd get scolded by the teacher/principal and that was the end of it. Big deal... the kid wasn't punished in anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM

13,620 posts, read 12,680,896 times
if a piece of paper can be a gun?? just inagine how frightening one of those big fat pens or pencils can be, could be a rocket launcher or misile??

Old 01-24-2013, 01:48 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times
Quote:
Apparently bullying is not OK in schools anymore unless you have a piece of paper that is shaped somehow like a gun. I guess the letter L will be banned from classrooms soon. Wait there was a deaf boy a while back who's sign name resembled a gun and the school wanted him to change his name. What kind of insanity has taken over? Liberals is what kind.

A Philadelphia fifth grader was admonished by school officials and called "murderer" by classmates for bringing a piece of paper that looked like a gun to school.
Melody Valentin was searched by a school official in front of Newlin Fell Elementary School classmates last week, she told Fox 29 in Philadelphia.
"He yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen," Melody said.

Philadelphia fifth grader searched by school officials after bringing paper gun to class* - NY Daily News

They wonder why home schooling is on such a rise.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,912,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
A friend sent me this note and picture. Her grandson created an image of a gun during art class.

Schools seem to be the source for liberal and legal tripe that they force feed our future in the form of our children.

This is beyond imagination.

The note : "we spoke to james about how guns can hurt people and how we do not have any weapons real or pretend here at school. we tried to redirect with his picture but he insisted on calling it a gun. Due to our policy we can not display his picture. Contact me if you have any questions."

If some liberal made that art work it would be hailed as some great piece and they would all fall over each other to purchase it. Heck rename it poop on Jesus and it would be a million dollar piece I bet.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
The double standard is hilarious. If there wasn't a a paper gun involved, and this was a kid who was scolded by a teacher and made fun of by her classmates for chewing gum in class, you guys would be all over the kid and parents for simply looking for their 15 minutes of fame. You'd argue that kids just need to toughen up to bullying like the good ole days, and that in your day kids were paddled by teachers rather than scolded.

Look, I use to make throwing stars out of folded paper. If I got caught with it, I'd get scolded by the teacher/principal and that was the end of it. Big deal... the kid wasn't punished in anyway.
Who calls somebody a murderer or makes fun of them for chewing gum or searched by the school if front of everyone? Is that what you want to happen next in school? Suspend kids for chewing some gum? Apparently so.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,154,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
if a piece of paper can be a gun?? just inagine how frightening one of those big fat pens or pencils can be, could be a rocket launcher or misile??
Alright, now that's enough, Johnny!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,188,547 times
I think it's cruel that 9 year olds called their classmate a murderer, but I don't think that it's necessarily news worthy or qualfiies at outrage.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,426,915 times
Quote:
Suspend kids for chewing some gum? Apparently so.
Where did that come from? Again, this girl was not suspended, was not made to stay after school, was not made to sit out recess... she was simply scolded by a teacher/principal... in her own words:
"He yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen," Valentin told Fox 29.

Whatever she had was a distraction, and she obviously knew she shouldn't have it since she immediately threw it away when another student saw it. Again, she got scolded by the teacher... big deal.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM

It appears you don't mind adults yelling at your 5th grader for having a piece of paper in school. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:38 PM

344 posts, read 426,131 times
Government Indoctrination Centers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies