Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,871,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
It's obvious that you don't understand.

Perhaps you should read the entire sentence.
Perhaps you should read where we should be held to the same standard regardless of age, a post way before that. So then I flipped it to you, should men and women be held to the same standard of 75 pushups? If so, a lot of women will be quitting the army. It's not like we're asking women to lift the same weight as men, we're just asking them to carry their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,248,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Perhaps you should read where we should be held to the same standard regardless of age, a post way before that. So then I flipped it to you, should men and women be held to the same standard of 75 pushups? If so, a lot of women will be quitting the army. It's not like we're asking women to lift the same weight as men, we're just asking them to carry their own.
Man, by Zeus!
There should be standards for posting on C-D. The ability to read critically being one.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you believe in equality?
Quote:
As for the training requirements, women should certainly have to meet the same requirements as men if they are training for the same positions. And those requirements should actually be related to the duties of that position.
Quote:
Quote:
you come off as either an imbecile or a misogynist when you make a big deal about women not having to meet standards but say nothing about the difference in age.
How is holding women to the same standards as men misogynistic?

Last edited by filihok; 01-23-2013 at 10:59 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,513,749 times
They're physically insuperior to men.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,853,371 times
Quote:
Why do the standards change depending on age?

Why aren't people all worked up over that?
My father retired with more than 30 years, he was supervisor in the motorpool where he spent his entire career. Do you think it would be wise to get rid of people like that because they can't do as many push ups as a 20 year old?

As far as the women go I don't think they belong in active combat roles unless they can physically perform as well as their male counterparts.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
My father retired with more than 30 years, he was supervisor in the motorpool where he spent his entire career. Do you think it would be wise to get rid of people like that because they can't do as many push ups as a 20 year old?
So, there may be reasons to lower the standards?

Quote:
As far as the women go I don't think they belong in active combat roles unless they can physically perform as well as their male counterparts.
How about if they can perform the necessary duties even if they can't do as many pushups as their male counterparts?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
in today's world, what is brute strength required for?

Taliban dying! Artillery fire in Afghanistan (Pech river Valley) - YouTube

Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Taliban dying! Artillery fire in Afghanistan (Pech river Valley) - YouTube
I don't see anyone doing pushups or situps

Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 AM

510 posts, read 429,463 times
Quote:
The Marines are so stupid for making people carry 100lbs of gear in Afghanistan. Haven't they heard of Rascal scooters?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
The Marines are so stupid for making people carry 100lbs of gear in Afghanistan. Haven't they heard of Rascal scooters?
Have the standard be carry a hundred pounds of gear.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I see one guy moving a 100 pound projectile and another one cranking a handle almost contiuously. There is tremendous amount of brute strength required to operate that gun beyond even what you see in that picture and everyone of them can perform the duty of any man there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies