Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I think it's hilarious that you badger others about their reading comprehension.

Point out anywhere, anywhere at all where I said my proffession was "the same thing as being on the front lines".

The excuses for keeping women out of your men's small penis club are the same, I don't care what profession it is.

And, you have no right to decide what it's going to be like for women on the front lines, using your own logic, as that is something you will never be.

Your old hack ways of thinking are over. Sorry.
You have never been in the military, and you are compairing your job to being on the front line, becaue that is what this entire thread is about. I DO know a lot more than you think, remember I was in the military, remember, 21+ years....what experience does an old worn out roadie know that can possible provide to me, much less anyone else....

Reading comprehension, I have told you many times, it's about other things besides the penis theroy which is all you have to run on. NOT expereince....well, as you said, you were around some guys and I guess got some extra penis....but hey, that's the job of being a roadie, right....

Again, you have no clue, being a roadie is not the same as being on the front line....which is what this entire thread is about....woman on the front lines....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 12:46 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Have all that are for women in combat been in combat yourselves?

Do any of you remember when the iraq war forst started and the there a young female captured? I forget her name.

I don't think we want our women subjected to treatment like that.

I am personally against it but, I am willing to let it happen only to prove that it shouldn't be. Just remember when a women IS captured and is repeatedly raped, tortured and murdered, it is on your heads
Her name was Jessica Lynch, and she did not have a combat MOS. She was a driver with the motor-pool.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
To allow women into a combat MOS and only require them to meet half the requirements men must meet is reckless and endangers not only the women, but also anyone else around them.
It doesn't actually mean that. It only means that if the requirements are valid. I've seen no evidence that they are.

How does doing a certain number of sit-ups translate into being able to perform specific duties on the battlefield?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
As long as they can do the job, they should be allowed to serve. Yes, military culture will have to change a bit, but I'm sure they can handle it. They're been able to adjust to Jews, blacks, and gays, so surely they can manage to accept a few woman in combat.
If they could do the job, why are women subject to a lower standard than men?

Old 01-25-2013, 12:49 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
No they didn't even decide that. They decided that they have the ability to put women into combat situations upon further evaluation.

No one makes up their mind in the military. It's almost funny sometimes having these conversations. Girl Pride doesn't belong in this conversation.
Which is completely different to having an outright ban.

What job are you outright banned from participating in, may I ask? Outright by law can't do it - not one that's deemed socially unacceptable.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If I knew what you were talking about I could answer you.
I had an ex-wife. She was so amazingly adept at interpreting everything I said as the complete opposite of what I said, or, if is was something complimentary, interpreting it as an insult or if friendly she could twist it as that I had made an extremely hostile or threatening statement. It got so bad I had to put her on my "ignore list". When the kids got old enough to talk, they would have to tell her what I needed to say to her, because I was no longer speaking to her at that point. Or her to me very much.

I've only had one woman, in the many I've known that didn't behave this way. I've only had to put the ex-wife on an ignore list but others have come close. For this reason alone, careful thought should be given to the prospect of having men and women serving together without the enforcement of gender roles. OMG... ... only an outgoing general could think this was a good idea.

H

Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
It doesn't actually mean that. It only means that if the requirements are valid. I've seen no evidence that they are.

How does doing a certain number of sit-ups translate into being able to perform specific duties on the battlefield?
There is, and has been, a physical standard established for all men in a combat MOS. If women cannot met the exact same standard as men then they should not be allowed into that position. That includes humping 10 miles up and down hills with an 80 pound pack.

All this political correctness will accomplish is to get even more Americans in the military killed, which I suspect was the real purpose for this Democrat atrocity considering their utter contempt for those in the military.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You have never been in the military, and you are compairing your job to being on the front line, becaue that is what this entire thread is about. I DO know a lot more than you think, remember I was in the military, remember, 21+ years....what experience does an old worn out roadie know that can possible provide to me, much less anyone else....

Reading comprehension, I have told you many times, it's about other things besides the penis theroy which is all you have to run on. NOT expereince....well, as you said, you were around some guys and I guess got some extra penis....but hey, that's the job of being a roadie, right....

Again, you have no clue, being a roadie is not the same as being on the front line....which is what this entire thread is about....woman on the front lines....
No, this thread is about how women will have to handle seeing men naked - that's what this particular thread is about.

And having been turned down for jobs myself because there were stupid fears that a naked man might be offensive to me, I am in a better position to judge whether that is the case or not than YOU.

This thread is NOT about whether women belong in the military it's about the ridiculous bias men put on what women can and can't handle, as if they know.

Well you don't know, so until you've experience being a woman in a male dominated workplace I suggest you go join one of the numerous other threads on this topic where your weightlifting stories might actually be relevant.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,686 times
Quote:
There is, and has been, a physical standard established for all men in a combat MOS. If women cannot met the exact same standard as men then they should not be allowed into that position. That includes humping 10 miles up and down hills with an 80 pound pack.
None of this answers my question.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
That is the clincher. Women do not have to pass the same tests or have the same skills. In the Marine Corps women only have to meet half the physical requirements men must meet. To allow women into a combat MOS and only require them to meet half the requirements men must meet is reckless and endangers not only the women, but also anyone else around them.
You need to read more about this. As part of the changes, the military is going to review the standards required for different types of positions. They've said very clearly that they're not going to lower any of the standards to accommodate women--it looks like they're going to more clearly define them to make sure that people can physically do the jobs before they're assigned to do them. I've known some big, strong women in my life who COULD carry a 200 lb man to safety. I live in Nebraska--have you ever seen our Husker women's volleyball team? Most women can't meet those standards, but if they CAN, there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to participate.

Women can now serve in combat if standards met | SeacoastOnline.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies