Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
How many men not worth a shht that doen't belong in the military? Probably more hands than you've got.
Thousands, and I would not want idiots on the front lines either....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I would like every poster to let us know how long you served and what branch.

1988 - 2009....Army...

Next....

The reason I ask, if you have never been there, your opinion does/should not matter....
Yep, and neither should yours, because you haven't experienced women in combat either.

I work in an industry made up of 99% men. I have heard all of these excuses ad infinitum for over 30 years. A lot of the men I've worked with have said the exact same thing.... until they worked with me.

Then - lo and behold - it wasn't like they imagined at all. In fact, they all rather enjoyed having me around.

So until YOU actually experience it, perhaps you shouldn't comment.

Next......

Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Low hanging fruit? FFS.

Yes you are correct that rapes in the military go appallingly under prosecuted.

In that case, how about you advocate for THAT to be fixed, rather than likening women to bait for men who have no morals.

And the fact that you "don't blame them for committing rape" speaks volumes about where your head is at. Seriously.
If I put my apple in front of a starving man, I can expect him to steal it, maybe even kill me for it. I don't find this morally wrong. Don't tempt desperate men. The military, especially the combat zone, is full of desperate men.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yep, and neither should yours, because you haven't experienced women in combat either.

I work in an industry made up of 99% men. I have heard all of these excuses ad infinitum for over 30 years. A lot of the men I've worked with have said the exact same thing.... until they worked with me.

Then - lo and behold - it wasn't like they imagined at all. In fact, they all rather enjoyed having me around.

So until YOU actually experience it, perhaps you shouldn't comment.

Next......
Technically nobody has, there may have been a few woman who have been hurt, captured....but not fully on the front line....so your point is moot....

However, what I have done, is trained women, and 95% of those women I trained had a hard time lifitnig the 50 tool box, much less the 114lbs 25k slings.....

So maybe YOU should re-think your comments...

Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Sucks to be a lot of those women as well because many will be raped. There is no ifs and buts about it. If you dangle low hanging fruit in front of a starving man, expect him to snatch it and take one big bite out of it.
Sounds like you equate male soldiers with male dogs. No self control, just hump 'em as you see 'em.

361 posts, read 272,851 times
IT seems to me most some opinions here are based more on political BELIEF and less on realism and what's practical

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
I would like every poster to let us know how long you served and what branch.
I was in Chechnya from 1999 to 2002 and was part of a Jigit which could be translated to light infantry/mountain division in US parlance. I however was wounded in shortly after February 2000 and did not see action or live fire after that.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Technically nobody has, there may have been a few woman who have been hurt, captured....but not fully on the front line....so your point is moot....

However, what I have done, is trained women, and 95% of those women I trained had a hard time lifitnig the 50 tool box, much less the 114lbs 25k slings.....

So maybe YOU should re-think your comments...
Right, technically nobody has. That actually WAS my point.

Again, have heard all the excuses as to why a woman is not suitable for this or that, usually made by people who have never actually experienced actual women in the actual role.

Kinda like you.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
So zombie, what you're saying is our military men have no sense of decency or control, is that it? So the women should just be expected to be raped? How about the men grow up, get some brains & some morality or they can find their butts not only kicked out of the military but also kicked right into prison?
^^^
This.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
There's no place for sexual tension in a fighting unit. Being sexually attracted(and emotionally) to the people your fighting with is a terrible idea. And yes we are incapable of that restraint. I don't think saying id get horny in a shower full of naked woman is that outrageous of a statement. Not to mention i don't think many woman would be comftorable showering with a bunch of boner having men.
Ah... adolescent fantasies....

Are you trying to say that soldiers in combat units don't become emotionally attached to members of their same unit?

Anyway.

Anyone who have doubts about how women operate alongside men, even Special Forces and Rangers needs to watch the documentary Lioness. It is a movie about a team of women originally assigned as truck mechanics who were reassigned to combat patrols inorder to help interrogate and search women in Iraq.

I can't find the clip where one of the women talks about being separated from the rest of the unit, ambushed and surround and how she had to fighter her way out covering both men and other women with her M249 light machine gun.

But watch the first clip all the way to the end for a little shock and awe.

INDEPENDENT LENS | Lioness | Film Clip 2 | PBS - YouTube

Lioness :: A Room 11 Productions Film Directed by Meg McLagan and Daria Sommers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies