Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

small minds cannot think past today....it is all about quick fixes...the gun control advocates have been hamming this for years...however, they are stupid, b/c if gun control is passed what will happen is, they will create a lucrative business for the underground....

god, doesn't anyone remember or know what prohibition did...the crooks and criminals were celebrating when prohibition happened....now they stood to make millions....

gun control will never control killings....what it will do, is take guns away from law abiding citizens, but the crooks and murders, will always find a way to get guns/high powered rifles...etc....

I cannot believe there are so many people that do not get it....we surely are a nation of quick fixes, not thinking about the long term effects, nor without any inclining at all about history repeating itself????? instant gratification and my agenda is much more important then the outcome, what ever it may be...I win....geeze louise....Americans are really really stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It may be interesting if I actually said that. Good try, though.
You said we don't believe in fighting terrorists,this thread has to do with killing children so forgive me for thinking you were saying children were terrorists...maybe you should stick to the subject at hand and we won't have that problem.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Right wing logic: Drones kill to many people so we should send in armies that kill hundreds of thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraq Body Count project
172,907 Iraqis killed between March 2003 and December 2012.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
You said we don't believe in fighting terrorists,this thread has to do with killing children so forgive me for thinking you were saying children were terrorists...maybe you should stick to the subject at hand and we won't have that problem.
Comparing what Adam Lanza did and the accidents of drone strikes against terror targets is probably the dumbest comparison I've heard in a long time, maybe ever. How's that for sticking to the subject?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Abortions.....Doh...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
I think your average abortionist has killed more children than any mad gunman.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
small minds cannot think past today....it is all about quick fixes...the gun control advocates have been hamming this for years...however, they are stupid, b/c if gun control is passed what will happen is, they will create a lucrative business for the underground....

god, doesn't anyone remember or know what prohibition did...the crooks and criminals were celebrating when prohibition happened....now they stood to make millions....

gun control will never control killings....what it will do, is take guns away from law abiding citizens, but the crooks and murders, will always find a way to get guns/high powered rifles...etc....

I cannot believe there are so many people that do not get it....we surely are a nation of quick fixes, not thinking about the long term effects, nor without any inclining at all about history repeating itself????? instant gratification and my agenda is much more important then the outcome, what ever it may be...I win....geeze louise....Americans are really really stupid.

Well, when people do not seem to understand the very elementary concept that criminals don't obey the law ... I'm not sure they are equipped to tackle anything that requires thinking.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Well, when people do not seem to understand the very elementary concept that criminals don't obey the law ... I'm not sure they are equipped to tackle anything that requires thinking.
so why do we have laws then ?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
LOL, you got it....no one seems to be able to look at long term effects any longer...not our senate, not our congress, not even our president...all the Obamas like to do is party with Hollywood and be on TV....

Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Comparing what Adam Lanza did and the accidents of drone strikes against terror targets is probably the dumbest comparison I've heard in a long time, maybe ever. How's that for sticking to the subject?
Accidents eh? It wasn't an accident when they murdered a 16 year old us citizen in Yemen,Its not an accident when you don't know for sure there are no civilians to be slaughtered.Stop bombing sovereign countries we have not declared war on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies