Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post

Do you agree with the picture? If not why not?
It's true that you can consider yourself to be free, but there are people with guns and jails who can force you to do their will. Most people choose to obey the laws rather than be confined to a jail cell.

Lots of people have stood before a judge and declared themselves sovereign entities not subject to the laws of the US. It changes nothing. They are led off forcibly in chains to spend the next few years in a place they wouldn't freely choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Well, you got your confirmation in Rebels post #39. As long as they behave. Also wants to have the right to refuse service to blacks and gays in businesses. Maybe rebelyell14 would be more comfortable in the 50's when blacks had separate water fountains and were denied access to sitting in the front of the bus or to eating establishments. So primitive and biased, missing out on a good segment of the population that are good people.
I think he'd be more comfortable in the 1850s.....or the 1750s. But as he lives in America in 2013, and he doesn't like it, I'm thinking he should move somewhere that's very antigay and overwhelmingly white - like Russia.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I understand this. If I were a business owner I wouldn't want people making a scene in my place of business or disrupting my business. When I worked as a DJ in the club scene in NE Ohio owners had no issue throwing people out on their a**es when they acted a fool! However; why do you hate people simply because of skin color? I live in a predominantly white community, but we have a sizeable black population, and a couple of my son's best friends are black, and they are some of the nicest and most polite kids you will ever meet. I've met the parents as well, and they're just like us. Hardworking, middle class...ect..ect..
I don't hate them. I just prefer to not be around them. I know its dumb to stereotype an entire race on the actions of a few but I really have no interest in being around black folks. Its a personal decision,I prefer to live in nice white towns,its the way I have always been. I have lived in ghettos among blacks I would never do it again. Especially now that I have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So you want to go to a time when it was more oppressive??
Nope.Just when people had rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Really? What rights were these? I can't wait................
I already covered this if you would read some of my first replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So what's your opinion on indefinite detentions at Guantanamo?
Its wrong. G bay should be closed down and all those there either given civilian trials or sent back to their home countries.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
I didn't say behave. I said not act like an idiot and go around flaunting it. Live a normal life work hard,etc like everyone else.Oh and yes I want the right to ban people I don't want in my business. Drunks,Druggies,Thieves etc...can't do that now...I can guarantee you I wouldn't be asking people as they walk in if they are gay or not....and I don't have to worry about blacks in my town.Yeah I probably would enjoy the 50's. When society was safe and people knew their places. Unlike today its like a freaking jungle...
Poor baby........

Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:

Do you agree with the picture? If not why not?

I agree

my rights and everyone elses rights are there for government to protect, and not sell out on or give away.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Really? What rights were these? I can't wait................
The right to discriminate.

I wholeheartedly endorse such a thing for private businesses. I don't want to give my money to businesses that are operated by bigots, so I'd have absolutely no problem with stores putting up signs that say "No Gays" or "No Blacks" or "No Jews." It'd make it very easy to know which places to avoid.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

I wholeheartedly endorse such a thing for private businesses. I don't want to give my money to businesses that are operated by bigots, so I'd have absolutely no problem with stores putting up signs that say "No Gays" or "No Blacks" or "No Jews." It'd make it very easy to know which places to avoid.

Yep. In 2013 if you're a business owner and you're doing that, you're not very business savy.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:33 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Its wrong. G bay should be closed down and all those there either given civilian trials or sent back to their home countries.
I agree. I just wanted to check to see if you were one of those hypocrites who say the same thing as the OP but then defend indefinite detention for non-Americans.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Consumers already have that right. Nobody can tell a consumer that they must shop at Joe's. The issue is whether stores can discriminate against customers and not serve "those people." The Civil Rights Act dealt with this 50 years ago. Why would anyone want to revisit this?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
I never signed anything saying I would abide by any law and I never signed a contract either.
So what?

Neither did anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies