U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM

22,770 posts, read 27,562,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
i think this underestimates just how bad the Bush - Romney economic policies were. I wouldn't call them "Very similar" to Obama's. I'd say that Obama's compromises, at his worst, are similar to what Bush - Romney would consider priorities.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-24-2013, 01:17 PM

6,331 posts, read 4,679,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
They arent. However, it is good cover for the hard left to make their guy more appealing to a nation that is generally moderate.

Obama is a hard left guy who has done plenty for anyone to see what he really is if they will just look.

The left will not admit that because the left cannot be honest about their intent as it would prevent people very voting for them.
Many conservatives state that Bush's, Romney's and Obama's policies are the same. Are these conservatives liars or leftists in disguise?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,025,610 times
finally a OP that makes sense. there is no difference between these guys. i can imagine them laughing at how we are divided left/right like 2 types of animals. when they are behind closed doors they answer to the same handlers. they are controlled by folks. they dont care about us. obama nor bush nor romney... you name them, all the same folks. obama almost conviced people he cares, or that he is really a black guy who struggled from the hood. if he was a republican, the left would have labled him a dark white man.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,036,959 times
Default If Obama's policies are very similar to Bush's and Romney's, why does the right detest him so much, and vice versa

The Pubs want the credit.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:35 PM

14,295 posts, read 8,620,765 times
Quote:
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
Obama took the worse policies of all presidents, doubled down on them, and made them his own.

I've commented that if other presidents were vilified for deficits, why is Obama warded a pass by those same politicians and voters, when his deficits are catastrophic? Same goes for cronyism, executive power grabs, getting us into wars, renewing the Patriot Act etc...

Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM

6,331 posts, read 4,679,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama took the worse policies of all presidents, doubled down on them, and made them his own.
Many of those policies were widely accepted by Republicans. If they were so bad, why didn't they condemn them when they were brought up?? Why the outrage now??

Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM

62,550 posts, read 44,783,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
They arent. However, it is good cover for the hard left to make their guy more appealing to a nation that is generally moderate.

Obama is a hard left guy who has done plenty for anyone to see what he really is if they will just look.

The left will not admit that because the left cannot be honest about their intent as it would prevent people very voting for them.
The intent is to keep people like McCain/Palin and Romney/Ryan out of the White House by choosing the lesser evil.

Honest enough?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM

10,462 posts, read 8,508,365 times
Quote:
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
The far-right as well as some GOP legislators detest Obama because he's black, plain and simple

Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM

4,037 posts, read 9,338,659 times
Quote:

It’s about trusting members of your team—and the opposite. I’m the first to admit that if Bush were carrying out Obama’s current drone policy, many more people, myself included, would probably be against it (or at least question it a lot more). He gets a pass because he’s Democrat.

I suspect the same would be true if a President McCain or Romney had passed healthcare.

People are partisan and simply oppose the other side out of instinct.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM

30,445 posts, read 17,842,679 times
Quote:

This Libertarian detests the Big Government spending of Bush and Obama. Bush was a Big Spending fiscal liberal. Obama is a bigger spending fiscal liberal AND a social conservative.

And there are way more than 1% libertarians. They just don't vote that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.