U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM

30,444 posts, read 17,826,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The far-right as well as some GOP legislators detest Obama because he's black, plain and simple
He's only half black. And your post is very funny, plain and simple.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM

27,590 posts, read 15,510,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
If Obama's policies are very similar to Bush's and Romney's, why does the right detest him so much, and vice versa
I never like bush either

bush1/ clinton/ bush2/ obama...all big government lefty globalists

Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM

27,590 posts, read 15,510,916 times
Quote:
The far-right as well as some GOP legislators detest Obama because he's black, plain and simple
I call shenannagins

I could care less of his skin color....I hate obama (just like I hated bush) because of his leftist fascist big government globalist policies

Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 PM

33,302 posts, read 18,794,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
They arent. However, it is good cover for the hard left to make their guy more appealing to a nation that is generally moderate.

Obama is a hard left guy who has done plenty for anyone to see what he really is if they will just look.

The left will not admit that because the left cannot be honest about their intent as it would prevent people very voting for them.
The people on the 'hard left' definitely do not agree that Obama is 'hard left'. He's a politician. He's in bed with the same people most of the Republicans are. Is big business suffering right now? Nope.

Don't be fooled on that one.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM

3,740 posts, read 2,736,043 times
Quote:
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
Because they aren't.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM

13,241 posts, read 11,030,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Mitt Romney is QUALIFIED to advance such policies. Barack Hussein is an unqualifed book worm with no training or experience.

Really? Mitt is a better businessman than Obama but the presidency is more than just the business part which is were mitt is severly lacking. Btw where does mitt's training and experience come from? Do you think that he learned alot while he was governor of MA? I don't think so, hell he could not carry his own state

Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,676,632 times
Quote:
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
Obama takes the worst of the Right and the worst of the Left and combines it into one package.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,068,289 times
Republicans & Democrats are simply 2 parts of the one party system in this country. They have the same goals. Just different ideas on how to attain them. Only the naive voter thinks there's any real difference between them. Believe me, the president only makes decisions that he's allowed to make.

Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM

55,537 posts, read 29,847,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
They arent. However, it is good cover for the hard left to make their guy more appealing to a nation that is generally moderate.

Obama is a hard left guy who has done plenty for anyone to see what he really is if they will just look.

The left will not admit that because the left cannot be honest about their intent as it would prevent people very voting for them.
I just don't see how anyone can peg Obama as hard left. If he is, then so is every president in the last 50 years.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM

10,018 posts, read 11,169,170 times
Quote:
Ain't that the truth. You know, I have been a very close observer of all things American for about 45 years. I have always thought the country was half crazed and very weird but little did I know EH?

These past 4 years have brought all the nutcases out of their caves. THESE FOLKS ARE DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS THEY ARE SO FAR OUT IN THEIR OWN LITTLE ZONE OF INSANITY. Every single day here on CD I read some idiot spouting such nonsence they really should be locked up for their own good and for the good of society at large. Their threats and veiled comment advocating violence are just beyond the pale. I'm quite sure the Dept of homeland security reads all of their almost criminal utterances and are watching them very closely. If they actually believed 1% of the garbage they spout they would watch themselves a little better. Maybe they just are as stupid as they seem and some day when the hammer comes down they will be like, "What did I do, where are you taking me? You can't do this to me? It's my constitutional right to threaten the president of the USA, MOMMA HELP"!!!!!!!

What a bunch of friging loons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.