U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 AM

10,018 posts, read 11,178,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don draper View Post
what extreme leftist policies has obama introduced or proposed as president???
none!!!!!!
Rate this post positively

Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM

13,241 posts, read 11,034,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Barack Obama has no business experience at all. Business experience is important to an understanding of how jobs are created, and to understand what a business needs to operate profitably, the effects of taxes on profitability and how taxation affects business decisions. Barack Obama is clueless in these areas.

Romney would have been a far better President, and we would have seen the economy begin to recover in short order.

I don't expect to see any recovery for the rest of Obama's term.

Nope, operating business in the private sector and operating it in the public is two entirely different things. I guess you forgot bush jr was a businessman before he ran the country in the ground. You are giving mitt too much credit for something that an inept congress controls. The main reason that the economy has not picked up as quickly is because of the childness of the members of congress.
Please explain why they would not pass a bill that would have improved our infrastructure and at the same time provided work for thousands of people? And don't give that weak-azz excuse about cost either!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 PM

33,302 posts, read 18,810,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Barack Obama has no business experience at all. Business experience is important to an understanding of how jobs are created, and to understand what a business needs to operate profitably, the effects of taxes on profitability and how taxation affects business decisions. Barack Obama is clueless in these areas.

Romney would have been a far better President, and we would have seen the economy begin to recover in short order.

I don't expect to see any recovery for the rest of Obama's term.
Businessmen don't necessarily make good Presidents; we've been down that road before too.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM

74,677 posts, read 38,307,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.

You just named 3 Progressives.... The Constitutional Conservatives, with a label the TEA Party, detested all 3.

You and I would have had to force Ron Paul on America for a Progressive globalist not to be both choices.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 PM

488 posts, read 371,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So if the problem Obama's critics have are with his competency, why call him a Marxist or Muslim?? Why hate him??
Part of it is because of his bi-racial roots and America's intransigent-but-failing racist attitudes, examples played up sadly by culture. But honestly, name any serious contender for the presidency that admitted to knowing communists and having radical leftist associations in their past? The closest you might come to is W. J. Bryant, McGovern or 'Moonbeam' Brown. The birther thing that conveniently popped out of nowhere (though why Kenya when Indonesia would've seemed more likely). Also, there are his voting records. Then there is the ACA and how that came into law, the squander of power his first two years on doing anything but getting a clandestine HC omnibus established.

Lastly, there is his obvious disdain for people. He really comes off like he wants nothing to do with those he governs except when telling them what they deserve and promising he will deliver it whenever he gets around to it. Having that attitude while playing a populist demagogue creates a strange dissonance. But it will be delivered. That's why he's the social justifier who gets to play president just as the errant cowboy got to rob the stagecoach a dozen years ago and was allowed to play shoot'em up with the injuns in Irag & Afghanistan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I never like bush either

bush1/ clinton/ bush2/ obama...all big government lefty globalists
With the Reagan administration putting the ball in play. For the likes of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Card you also have Hilary & Bill, Panetta, the victimized but urgent Gore. Always the same people popping up. Neither 'side' seems all that concerned about spending no matter the bluster. But the key to all this lies in the theory of macroeconomics, practiced on a global scale. Think China, proven with Japan before it. All this economic leverage in an economy as big as America's must have some use beyond simple greed? Duh. Control. Globally. Plus all the loot! People with too much of anything that begets power tend toward conquest and collecting resources is an insanity requiring such a lusty pursuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Republicans & Democrats are simply 2 parts of the one party system in this country. They have the same goals. Just different ideas on how to attain them. Only the naive voter thinks there's any real difference between them. Believe me, the president only makes decisions that he's allowed to make.
Aren't the differing ideas just creating the illusion that the same agenda is not in play? Having more than 8 years in an obvious direction makes even the most politically disinterested American take notice.

And everyone who lives in a democracy thinks that one simple vote makes a world of difference, that a candidate has simplistic notions based on the electorate's own supposed, preferred issues, usually manufactured & grandly limelit. The deeds always tell and reveal the plot, however. But take a gander at Hollywood and TV productions these days. It seems people only want to see fantastically detailed CGI's running around and highly-detailed HD Technicolor explosions... and more explosions after the last half-dozen spectacular explosions after set-ups for the next set of explosions, constantly exploding. How tidy such scripts are? Or "Reality TV", singing telethon elections, infotainment & charming models for proper affluent American living is the fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Ain't that the truth. You know, I have been a very close observer of all things American for about 45 years. I have always thought the country was half crazed and very weird but little did I know EH?

These past 4 years have brought all the nutcases out of their caves. THESE FOLKS ARE DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS THEY ARE SO FAR OUT IN THEIR OWN LITTLE ZONE OF INSANITY. Every single day here on CD I read some idiot spouting such nonsence they really should be locked up for their own good and for the good of society at large. Their threats and veiled comment advocating violence are just beyond the pale. I'm quite sure the Dept of homeland security reads all of their almost criminal utterances and are watching them very closely. If they actually believed 1% of the garbage they spout they would watch themselves a little better. Maybe they just are as stupid as they seem and some day when the hammer comes down they will be like, "What did I do, where are you taking me? You can't do this to me? It's my constitutional right to threaten the president of the USA, MOMMA HELP"!!!!!!!

What a bunch of friging loons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay.

Have you heard of the Patriot Act? The TSA? The Department of Homeland Security? Or the path started the decade before these agencies came to be with increased police funding and the ability to confiscate property if tinged by crime? How all these agencies are intertwined now, officially? How much data-collection is being done now, both by government & corporations? I know, can't stop it so why complain. Well, why not?

History is so tedious? History recording events during times that held great leaps in technology have produced interesting examples of major changes that are hardly happy for those who live in those times. We are living in one of those times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's partisan politics on both sides. And it's the same for the people who condemn both sides. You see a lot of people claiming the GOP and the Democrats are simply two different wings of the same party, which does the same thing your post is about except in the opposite direction - instead of ignoring what the parties do similarly, they ignore the very real differences.
There is the game, as it always manifests in important places undertaking big things that have nothing to do with promoting the people who live in those places. And as this is America... big things always get undertaken. So to keep the more interested from pondering aloud, there is a great fuss & show put up to keep fragmented those who might ask those questions. That is why Mr. Obama is a social issues president and Mr. Bush before him connived his way into office to open ME markets militarily & make WS-types all yippee-yi-yay! We are supposed to suspect what the right-hand is up to while the left hand flaps and vice-versa. Meanwhile, the possibility of any collusion between the hands is seen as delusional thinking, stuff of conspiracy and enforced by an antagonistic media owned by corporations who set the itinerary of political meanderings.

Yet, as example, if one is aware of the original HC law proposed in rebuttal to the Clinton's original ponderings on the subject back in the 1990's, are aware of what HC legislation was emplaced in Romney's Massachusetts... and what we now have, you see that business always wins. Take the last presidential election, too. No one who seriously wants the presidency, whether a candidate but especially a political party, is going to have loose senatorial cannons talking down-home nonsense about women's rights or going on loosely in front of the servants about half the electorate being lost because they want free stuff to a gilded table of rich contributors in this video age in front of the servants. The current figurehead is perfect for this portion of the agenda. A 'resurgent' (but just pronounced dead?) Al-Quaeda operating in the next global theater, Africa, in tandem with a tired Ms. Clinton/Mr. Biden will deliver the other side's required turn in 2016.

History is so tedious, except when it is being written.

Last edited by TheEternalSanctuaryMan; 01-25-2013 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM

13,241 posts, read 11,034,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What exactly qualifies Mitt? In business he was a flipper. Buy a company. trim fat and aertifically inflate profit so he could sell it. He never built a business by himself. Ever,
Why don't people realize that yet?

Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM

54,658 posts, read 38,115,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama took the worse policies of all presidents, doubled down on them, and made them his own.

I've commented that if other presidents were vilified for deficits, why is Obama warded a pass by those same politicians and voters, when his deficits are catastrophic? Same goes for cronyism, executive power grabs, getting us into wars, renewing the Patriot Act etc...
Reagan doubled the deficit and no one blinked.

Bush 2 almost doubled the deficit and eyebrows were raised.

The jury is still out on what will happen during the Obama years.

The U.S. has a long, long history of spending it's way out of depressions/recessions and kicking the can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.