Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
55 million non-people that would have had unpleasant childhoods.

Do you advocate having more government services to make women more comfortable keeping their babies?
Ignorant post. Why do you assume that an aborted child is a child that would have had an "unpleasant" childhood? Are you asserting that only poor people have abortions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What might have become of an incremental 56 million children born to people who either did not want or were unable to care for them?
They could have been adopted into loving homes, yes even the sick and handicap ones. Or the parents of the baby could have decided to grow up and take responsibility for starting a family. Maybe sooner than they wanted to but hey no one gets everything they want.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's a non issue for a majority of people, not just Democrats, because it's the law.

It's seems a tad inconsistent to label this as Republican vs. Democrat issue given many Republicans want to end social welfare, yesterday. How does 56 million incremental children and no social welfare compute?

When the pro-life folk start adopting these babies, I'll give it more thought.
They do---start giving it more thought.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Actually I would say that "God" (if you believe in that stuff) is really the greatest annihilator of all, since roughly 1/3 of all pregnancies end naturally in miscarriage. Why does no one think of THOSE poor lil babies?
Only God has the power over life and death.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I agree, but the Cons sure love to send our kids to war.
Last I looked it was Obama sending kids to war.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Good wholesome pro-life nu Xtians selfishly and irresponsibly "go forth and multiply" like its a contest with octo-mom or the duggers . . . no concern over the strain or non-sustainability effect this chronic hyper-overbreeding has on our planet. "Pro Life" to me means a lot more than forcing women to have babies. How about the life of the earth and the animal species we are killing off for our McMansions and WALMARTS ? That is life, too, even if you are too selfish to acknowledge it and understand the ramifications that unrestrained feral cat style breeding by humans has on the other life forces that surround us.
Ignorant post. The average household is 2.3 kids. That's hardly overbreeding. In fact, the United States is suffering from negative population replacement rate. But i'm sure you have no idea what that means.

In other words, the only breeding going on around here is "unrestrained" ignorance. Congratulations yet again!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They could have been adopted into loving homes, yes even the sick and handicap ones. Or the parents of the baby could have decided to grow up and take responsibility for starting a family. Maybe sooner than they wanted to but hey no one gets everything they want.
Then why do so many actual living kids still remain unadopted and in the system?
Why do you not want gay couples to adopt?

It's your inconsistencies that are cracking me up.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I think an abortion is anything but fine, I think it is one of the hardest choices a woman has to make in her life and I don't think it is the government who should be telling her what to do.
If most women think abortion is the only answer than she is being told what to do.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Only God has the power over life and death.
Got some proof of that god thingie you keep talking about?
No?
Delusion, perhaps?

Quote:
If most women think abortion is the only answer than she is being told what to do.
Again, every time you're asked to provide something about this, you can't.
Except for your opinion.
Why do you keep posting lies?
You have no proof, it's your opinion. And it's been shown to be ludicrous at best; lying to try to make your point.

ALL women know that they can carry a fetus to term, they do not think that abortion is the only answer.
Sheesh.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then why do so many actual living kids still remain unadopted and in the system?
Why do you not want gay couples to adopt?

It's your inconsistencies that are cracking me up.
A lot of parents still have control. No child can be adopted until the parents give up parental rights. The parents may not want their child going to a gay couple, they have the last word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies