Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post

Democrats focus on personal responsibility...
This is one of the biggest lies ever perpetrated on this forum. It is so outrageously false that its downright hilarious that you'd even go there. The Party of Welfare, Wedlock, and Abortion™ focuses on personal responsibility?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Your credibility just flew right out the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:00 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
The highest "taker" Southern states also have the largest black and hispanic populations(NM,LA,SC) who aren't exactly known for voting Republican.

Things are spread pretty evenly when you factor in for the all the empty Western Red states filled with Government administered land and Fed funded army bases that skew the totals.
The lowest taker states, Maryland, DC, NJ, VA, TX also have very high minority populations as well.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
The lowest taker states, Maryland, DC, NJ, VA also have minority populations as well.
DC is not a lowest taker state. The USG spends more per citizen in DC than in most other states. I'll try to find a source....I just read it the other day.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/daily...s-fiscal-union

Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
DC is not a lowest taker state. The USG spends more per citizen in DC than in any other state.
In the welfare benefits map it was the lowest of them all see post #48

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,453,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's all hyperbole, and probably plain racism. The teabaggers have no problem with corporate welfare which runs to the tune of hundreds of billions, 99% of recipients are white board of directors, while the icky black and brown people only get a few ten billion, which amounts to less than $2 of food stamps per meal per day
How can being against welfare be "plain racism" when more white people than black people are on welfare?

How can "teabaggers" have no problem with corporate welfare when protesting corporate bailouts was exactly what started the Tea Party movement before Obama was even elected?

A clue for you - when your propaganda is so transparently false, you just end up hurting your cause rather than helping it. You become an embarrassment to your side. It's like when the KKK endorses a candidate, they hurt that candidate more than help him. You hurt your side more than help it when you say something as moronic as the Tea Party has no problem with corporate welfare when that's precisely and excactly the thing it was formed to protest against.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,659,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
A lot of you keep saying this. Can you prove it?
I don't think people are claiming the democrats collect more "free stuff," e.g., extended unemployment compensation, welfare, or food stamps, we say that they vote for the candidates who promise them free stuff.

We have a fifty year high in US poverty, and over the last four years we have added 16 million more people onto Food Stamps. That's a lot of people collecting free stuff, and millions of them are not democrat voters for Obama.

I think it's safe to say that many of the people collecting "free stuff," are praying the economy turns around so they never have to be in this horrible situation again. I'll bet those people would rather our president make turning the economy around a priority, then to be told he will give away more free stuff.

How must the millions of newly poor Americans feel when the president lays out his new battle plan, when climate change, gay rights, and immigration reform top his list? I'd think hearing the president say he wants to significantly reduced the regulatory burdens and taxes on businesses, so they might be able to hire me, is a much better thing, then the president saying he wants to punish businesses, so I'm stuck collecting "free stuff" for four more years.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:42 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm patiently waiting for all of you to come back in this thread... what happened to everyone who wanted an answer so badly just a few minutes ago?
Well for one, I knew you'd come up lame, and you didn't disappoint.

Secondly, it was late, and unlike you, I had to go to bed seeing as I have a job. You're unemployed, so I guess you have the time to lolligag...good for you.

In any case, nearly ALL Americans are net takers. Only the top few percent are the exception. And none of you are in that category. No one on C-D is. Sorry.

...and yes..that means YOU!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,005,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Haha still not one righty on here can come up with any proof, just more unsubstanciared BS.
You just don't like the proof that's been posted, not a surprise.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,915,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is one of the biggest lies ever perpetrated on this forum. It is so outrageously false that its downright hilarious that you'd even go there. The Party of Welfare, Wedlock, and Abortion™ focuses on personal responsibility?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Your credibility just flew right out the window.

Then prove it wrong ! Prove what I wrote (along with the Romney clip) wrong with facts.

The GOP is good at talking points..."the party of fiscal responsibility"...really? They haven't balanced the budget since Eisenhower in the 50s!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:45 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,005,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well for one, I knew you'd come up lame, and you didn't disappoint.

Secondly, it was late, and unlike you, I had to go to bed seeing as I have a job. You're unemployed, so I guess you have the time to lolligag...good for you.

In any case, nearly ALL Americans are net takers. Only the top few percent are the exception. And none of you are in that category. No one on C-D is. Sorry.

...and yes..that means YOU!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies