Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 04:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times

Advertisements

The Truck Farm in Easley (about 2 miles down the road) is offering a Free Shotgun, when you buy a Truck or car.

Sign Says Car Dealer Offers Gun with Purchase - Easley, SC Patch

"A Shotgun Rifle and A 4WD. Details Inside. See the Fat Man"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 05:01 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
My guess is that you have to pay full price to get the deal and I bet there will be somme stupid people to take the deal too. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:08 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times
South Carolina is the best.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
I think this whole "guns ROCK!!" nonsense since Sandy Hook is disgusting... and I'm not even anti-gun, but what a screwed up way to respond to such a tragedy. Can you only imagine how the loved ones of the slain feel, when people are running around screaming about how awesome guns are - as they mourn for the loss of a child to gun violence? Again, I'm not anti-gun (I have Libertarian beliefs when it comes to that & most other issues), but it's really starting to sicken me. Just sayin'.

/rant

Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think this whole "guns ROCK!!" nonsense since Sandy Hook is disgusting... and I'm not even anti-gun, but what a screwed up way to respond to such a tragedy. Can you only imagine how the loved ones of the slain feel, when people are running around screaming about how awesome guns are - as they mourn for the loss of a child to gun violence? Again, I'm not anti-gun (I have Libertarian beliefs when it comes to that & most other issues), but it's really starting to sicken me. Just sayin'.

/rant
The one and only thing we agree on.

Except that I feel more strongly about it than you do. I am anti-gun as gun enthusiasm and proliferation is a sickness.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The one and only thing we agree on.

Except that I feel more strongly about it than you do. I am anti-gun as gun enthusiasm and proliferation is a sickness.
I doubt it's the only thing we agree on (I'm a liberal-leaning Libertarian, fyi), and I'm not exactly PRO-gun... I just don't fit under the category of ANTI, since I'm not looking to have them banned altogether. I personally have never owned one, though, and never plan to either. But no matter how you feel about the laws, we obviously agree this whole "rah rah" attitude is a rather sick way to deal with the shootings. Were people running out to get private pilot licenses after 9/11?

Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times
I find it sickening the anti gun idiots are using a tragedy to push their own agenda. That is more disgusting than offering a tool of protection for free when you buy a vehicle. If I needed a new vehicle I would jump on this.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 PM

Oh yeah, and for this dealership to try & profit off the tragedy (and its resulting exuberance about guns) is even more disgusting IMO... I know, free market private company blah blah blah, but I'm still allowed to express my opinion over it. I guess they won't turn off many people in SC, but I certainly wouldn't spend my money at such a place.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Nothing is free. Just give me an extra $500 discount and I'll buy my own gun.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I find it sickening the anti gun idiots are using a tragedy to push their own agenda. That is more disgusting than offering a tool of protection for free when you buy a vehicle. If I needed a new vehicle I would jump on this.
Both sides are using this tragedy to push their own agendas, so spare us the attempt at flipping this around... it's all sick, and I wish people would just let these children/adults rest in peace. Do you think it's cool to capitalize off a tragedy, as this dealership is attempting to do? And don't tell me it's just a random promotion, because we all know it's a reaction to the current events. If you'd shown me this sign six months ago, I would have simply laughed it off as a southern thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies