Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,543,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Ahh, I see the right wing has come up with their fabricated lie of the week (TM).

Don't you people ever get tired of being taken for fools by the right wing media. I mean they lie to you over and over yet you're never to full to swallow one more whopper, huh? When are you going to say enough is enough with the made up BS and start dealing with reality?
If it's a lie, what was Fast and Furious all about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM

[quote=hammertime33;27957246]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post

No. I'm pretty sure he thought he was being clever, but didn't realize his story was nearly 6 years old.

Again, why should I believe anything "Dr." Jim Garrow has to say? He's a self-aggrandizing frâudster.
Fraud, what fraud? The only fraud is Obama.
(Hammertime screwed up the quotes again, this is directed to him)

Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 PM

724 posts, read 591,928 times
Kookoo. Kookoo kookoo!

Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 PM

83 posts, read 47,529 times
I dont have a problem with it. Treason should be punished by death.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Don't you think that American citizens who consider a president to be a threat could be considered paranoid?
I'd consider them wise and informed, with no delusions of false security.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,158,381 times
Quote:
You can believe that Obozo and his elite pals wonder that same thing and it's why they are furthering this agenda they do.
I'm interested to see where you get your inside information (you knowing what obama's private conversations with his friends was about).....

Which obama conspiracy agenda are you referring to?, there are so many of them it's hard to keep track of them all......

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Snopes had this to say:

" For as long as we have been operating ( almost 20 years) the three most common and continuously circulated conspiracy theories have to do with claims that the President is about to declare martial law, is readying mass internment facilities or is preparing to use armed forces against civilians."

snopes.com: Military Purge

The source of this particular conspiracy theory is no stranger to such theories. He's a 9/11 truther. believes Sandy Hook was organized by government and now this. Just another crack pot who imports baby girls from China.
as if Snopes is a worthwhile source.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
You are dense, aren't you! You don't have to believe anything I post about anybody, but when you cross the line and defame someone, it becomes YOUR PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to make a factual case for, in this case, Dr. Garrow actually perpetrating a fraud. Now, to be fair (a trait you guys thrive on) I do realize that all you lefties belief in transferring all your personal responsibilities to an all-powerful national government you support, because they'll handle the assumption of those very responsibilities FOR YOU in trade for your everlasting soul AND vote. Unfortunately they are not registered users on this site so you're sort of ON YOUR OWN! Can you even make an attempt to clear that hurdle of responsibility or not?

How come he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize? You haven't showed me ONE PROOF to justify your charge of him being a fraud. It's not up to me to make YOUR CASE for you, so get with the program sport.
First off, just really consider his claim that you're basing this thread on. According to "Dr." Jim Garrow, a US military officer was subjected to and subsequently resigned because of his unwillingness to fall in line with Obama's 'you better be willing to kill Americans' test. He felt so strongly about the unconstitutional and frightening implications of this, that he decided the world needed to know. But instead of telling it himself, he called some unnamed "legend" of the US military. This legendary former military senior official also thought it was outrageous and that the world needed to know. But instead of telling it himself, he called "Dr." Jim Garrow to sound the alert.

You're honestly buying that? That's a credible piece of information to you? It just screams made-up bull **** to me, and after looking into "Dr." Jim Garrow a bit, it REALLY screams bull ****.

This claim was initially made on "Dr." Jim Garrow's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jim.garrow.1/posts/10151209214442015. His Facebook page is rather interesting. On it, he tells us he graduated from 4 different high schools in 4 different years ('64, '65, '69, and '70). We learn that he is a 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee. We also get to read his favorite quotes - most of which are quotes he said himself. That seemed very odd and incredibly narcissistic to me. It also seemed odd that somebody who brandishes his "Dr" title everywhere he goes and who lists the 4 high schools he graduated from over a 6 year period would not proudly advertise where he got his other degrees - especially his PhD - from, so I did some Googling about his education.

Depending on the interviewer, article, or profession profile, his college education was either at York University, the University of Toronto, Liberty University, Columbia University, the University of Edinburgh, or some combination of them.

His "PhD" is from the North Carolina College of Theology, a non-accredited school that when journalists tried to contact (link later on) didn't answer its phone or return messages. This school gives PhDs in religious "life experience" (seriously - I'm not making this crap up). To get one, you tell them what you've done in your life, pay the tuition, perhaps write a thesis (they waive this requirement if you convince them you've excelled in your "life experience"), and then boom - you got a PhD. So yeah, he's a lying fraud every time he calls himself "Dr." College of Theology | Doctoral Program - NC College of Theology

Then there's his nonsense Nobel Peace Prize nomination claim. Once again, the only source for this claim is him saying so. And it's quite the story. A Chinese "KGB" officer named Yoda was secretly helping him save Chinese girls from being slaughtered. One day he was called out of the blue by some unnamed, anonymous Chinese guy who identified himself as the President of a major Chinese university and a qualified Nobel Peace Prize nominator. He told Garrow that he had saved his granddaughter's life, and as thanks he was nominating him for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Like any good con-man, he's told a story you can't really disprove. Nobel nominees are not made public and of course the person who nominated him kept his identity a secret. But come on, this is a total crock of ****.

Here's a good read about Garrow. The life of Guelph. A local reporter from Guelph (where Garrow was living at the time - it seems he moves about every 6 months) heard about their local celebrity and wrote up an article about him in 2010. I'll bullet point it if you don't want to read it:

•Garrow claims a major Hollywood actor is just dying to play him in an autobiographical movie (he can't share the name, of course)
•His work in China can't be substantiated
•His charity "Pink Pagoda" is not registered anywhere as a charity
•His PhD is nonsense, and they can't reach the school
•His Nobel Prize nomination claim is based on his own account and can't be verified
•He started an internet company 1995, International Internet Alliance, that collected down payments from potential franchisees but then promptly shut down - investors were scammed out of 10s of thousands of dollars
•His teaching certificate in Canada was suspended due to misconduct
•He briefly ran a flight school that was shut down when it came to light he was using uninsured and unregistered aircraft (he was also fined for intentionally lying about it)

And here's a review of his book about his work in China: Research-China.Org: Review of Jim Garrow's "The Pink Pagoda".
The reviewer is a guy who runs the largest online resource for Americans looking to adopt from China (China Finding Ads, Photos, DVDs and more from Research-China). He rips the book apart as complete crap and a work of fiction. The review also describes his interactions with Garrow and links to several interviews he had with Garrow.

So yeah. In my opinion, "Dr." Jim Garrow is a self-aggrandizing, lying, sociopathic fraud.

Last edited by hammertime33; 01-27-2013 at 12:04 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
First off, just really consider his claim that you're basing this thread on. According to "Dr." Jim Garrow, a US military officer was subjected to and subsequently resigned because of his unwillingness to fall in line with Obama's 'you better be willing to kill Americans' test. He felt so strongly about the unconstitutional and frightening implications of this, that he decided the world needed to know. But instead of telling it himself, he called some unnamed "legend" of the US military. This legendary former military senior official also thought it was outrageous and that the world needed to know. But instead of telling it himself, he called "Dr." Jim Garrow to sound the alert.

You're honestly buying that? That's a credible piece of information to you? It just screams made-up bull **** to me, and after looking into "Dr." Jim Garrow a bit, it REALLY screams bull ****.

This claim was initially made on "Dr." Jim Garrow's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jim.garrow.1/posts/10151209214442015. His Facebook page is rather interesting. On it, he tells us he graduated from 4 different high schools in 4 different years ('64, '65, '69, and '70). We learn that he is a 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee. We also get to read his favorite quotes - most of which are quotes he said himself. That seemed very odd and incredibly narcissistic to me. It also seemed odd that somebody who brandishes his "Dr" title everywhere he goes and who lists the 4 high schools he graduated from over a 6 year period would not proudly advertise where he got his other degrees - especially his PhD - from, so I did some Googling about his education.

Depending on the interviewer, article, or profession profile, his college education was either at York University, the University of Toronto, Liberty University, Columbia University, the University of Edinburgh, or some combination of them.

His "PhD" is from the North Carolina College of Theology, a non-accredited school that when journalists tried to contact (link later on) didn't answer its phone or return messages. This school gives PhDs in religious "life experience" (seriously - I'm not making this crap up). To get one, you tell them what you've done in your life, pay the tuition, perhaps write a thesis (they waive this requirement if you convince them you've excelled in your "life experience"), and then boom - you got a PhD. So yeah, he's a lying fraud every time he calls himself "Dr." College of Theology | Doctoral Program - NC College of Theology

Then there's his nonsense Nobel Peace Prize nomination claim. Once again, the only source for this claim is him saying so. And it's quite the story. A Chinese "KGB" officer named Yoda was secretly helping him save Chinese girls from being slaughtered. One day he was called out of the blue by some unnamed, anonymous Chinese guy who identified himself as the President of a major Chinese university and a qualified Nobel Peace Prize nominator. He told Garrow that he had saved his granddaughter's life, and as thanks he was nominating him for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Like any good con-man, he's told a story you can't really disprove. Nobel nominees are not made public and of course the person who nominated him kept his identity a secret. But come on, this is a total crock of ****.

Here's a good read about Garrow. The life of Guelph. A local reporter from Guelph (where Garrow was living at the time - it seems he moves about every 6 months) heard about their local celebrity and wrote up an article about him in 2010. I'll bullet point it if you don't want to read it:

•Garrow claims a major Hollywood actor is just dying to play him in an autobiographical movie (he can't share the name, of course)
•His work in China can't be substantiated
•His charity "Pink Pagoda" is not registered anywhere as a charity
•His PhD is nonsense, and they can't reach the school
•His Nobel Prize nomination claim is based on his own account and can't be verified
•He started an internet company 1995, International Internet Alliance, that collected down payments from potential franchisees but then promptly shut down - investors were scammed out of 10s of thousands of dollars
•His teaching certificate in Canada was suspended due to misconduct
•He briefly ran a flight school that was shut down when it came to light he was using uninsured and unregistered aircraft (he was also fined for intentionally lying about it)

And here's a review of his book about his work in China: Research-China.Org: Review of Jim Garrow's "The Pink Pagoda".
The reviewer is a guy who runs the largest online resource for Americans looking to adopt from China (China Finding Ads, Photos, DVDs and more from Research-China). He rips the book apart as complete crap and a work of fiction. The review also describes his interactions with Garrow and links to several interviews he had with Garrow.

So yeah. In my opinion, "Dr." Jim Garrow is a self-aggrandizing, lying, sociopathic fraud.
You are attacking the messenger and ignoring the message, which is highly credible to me.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You are attacking the messenger and ignoring the message, which is highly credible to me.
Message? What message? All the messenger has done is made a completely unsubstantiated claim (and a 3rd hand claim to boot).

And the messenger is a complete fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies