Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times

Advertisements

America's 2nd Revolutionary War - YouTube

The video above isn't the the most informational video when it comes to the possibilities of a revolutionary war but more the mentality of those who believe that its coming. As some of you may remember, I've said time and time again that I believe tyranny won't happen in America but I do believe that we have a military-industrial complex and that America is becoming more and more of a corporate entity (corpartism). The lack of regulation has caused companies profits (including my beloved Apple) to boom without having benefits towards the consumer or even just a regular citizen. Politicians can be purchased now, so our interest aren't in the thought of them anymore. Welcome to the United Corporations of America or at least in the future that's what we'll be. And this isn't even a Republican v. Democrat thing, they've both made us this way for the interest of companies.

Well if you guys decide to watch the video, what do you think? Of course most of the people interviewed are on the right-side of the spectrum when it comes to things but I can agree with them when it comes companies having greater interest in the eyes of our politicians than us and its destroying us, as a society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
"[W]e have met the enemy, and he is us."
-Walt Kelly

What went wrong with this country was us. The ideals of citizenship and service so eloquently espoused by former President Kennedy ("Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.") were all but discarded to embrace a culture of greed and selfishness; and in our self-complacency, we became lazy and stupid. In this, it won’t do to blame our elected representatives, for they are but a reflection of ourselves. It is we who are to blame; it is we who wanted to be pimped and pandered to by lies. Surely, we were fools of prejudice. What went wrong with America was that we allowed our "ship of state" to be turned into a "ship of fools."

Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
The video above isn't the the most informational video when it comes to the possibilities of a revolutionary war but more the mentality of those who believe that its coming. As some of you may remember, I've said time and time again that I believe tyranny won't happen in America but I do believe that we have a military-industrial complex and that America is becoming more and more of a corporate entity (corpartism). The lack of regulation has caused companies profits (including my beloved Apple) to boom without having benefits towards the consumer or even just a regular citizen. Politicians can be purchased now, so our interest aren't in the thought of them anymore. Welcome to the United Corporations of America or at least in the future that's what we'll be. And this isn't even a Republican v. Democrat thing, they've both made us this way for the interest of companies.

Well if you guys decide to watch the video, what do you think? Of course most of the people interviewed are on the right-side of the spectrum when it comes to things but I can agree with them when it comes companies having greater interest in the eyes of our politicians than us and its destroying us, as a society.
Your solution to the problem is what created the problem. It isn't a lack of regulation that allows corporations to trample over the people. It is precisely regulations which allow this to happen.

Liberals have infected people with the idea that government protects people against evil corporations. It's good propaganda, which is why it was so easy to spread that idea. Unfortunately, it is false. Not just false, but dangerously false. It convinces people that the very thing which causes their oppression is what will set them free.

It is stifling regulation on the private sector which keeps the companies which are already powerful in their power position. They are the only ones who have the resources and lawyers to deal with the regulations. So it reduces competition in the marketplace and allows those corporations to maintain and then grow their power.

What deregulation does is not free corporations to abuse the people, it frees other companies to compete against those corporations and forces them to be responsive to the people in order to maintain their marketshare.

It's like when people hail Obama for being against the evil bankers, when the evil bankers were the 3rd largest contributor to Obama in the first place. They buy the propaganda because it sounds good, without thinking things through.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
Corporations are people. The United States Supreme Court recently ruled that corporations are persons for purposes of constitutional protections under the First Amendment. Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 50 (2010). The decision has generated much criticism, some of it directed at the court, but most at corporations generally. Some say corporations are out of control: like the fictional Triffids that were cultivated to produce edible oil, they got out and began to infest everything. John Wyndham, The Day of the Triffids (1951).

A corporation is an artificial person. It is a creature of statute; and, unlike a natural person, a corporation can, potentially, exist indefinitely. Once formed, a corporation has all the rights and privileges of a natural person, except voting (which it does nevertheless with its checkbook), or appear in federal courts except by attorney; for, unlike a natural person, a corporation may only act through its officers, directors and agents. A corporation, like a natural person, may be licensed to do business in a state other than its domicile. Like a natural person, a corporation may be held accountable for it acts, and even convicted of crimes. Corporations have been around for some time. Our cities and many towns are municipal corporations through which local government is exercised.

The problem is not with corporations, but those who would abuse its franchise, and much that is wrong with our country is due to such misuse. The pernicious influence of corporate corruption is ubiquitous, even in the halls of Congress where their lobbyists peddle their influence. It is their doing that much of the tax code is so unfairly balanced to the point of subsidization of corporate business, and it is their agenda that sponsors much of the so-called "reform" legislation that has been recently enacted. It is like a cancer that has spread into every cell of our social structure and civic institutions to the detriment of individual rights and liberties.

Is there any remedy? The courthouse doors have been all but closed for individual legal redress; and there are even efforts being made to undermine the independence of the federal judiciary which threatens to subvert the constitutional checks and balances to the excesses of government. Therefore, it will have to be the responsibility of every citizen to be vigilant in overseeing their representatives and holding them accountable lest our democracy turn into a corporate tyranny.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I actually did watch it and I feel for that marine with the shaved head (skinhead? I hope not). That was genuine emotion when he was talking about the marines who died in Iraq and the way they were treated when they came home.

I can kind of identify with what these guys are saying and it's hard to not respect uncompromising people.

But I have a family and I have responsibilities and I have to help make this the best country I can through my means. Maybe this is the best they can do, at least posing some kind of a minor threat to the government may help keep them honest.

I think some of these people are just bored and looking for something to do but the bald marine, I think he has true passion and he has charisma. He speaks from the heart, he could be considered a threat. Hopefully he remains peaceful and the Gov doesn't decide to give him some kind of an "accident".

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 AM

571 posts, read 790,963 times
It's a shame that these type of people don't focus their attention on actually educating themselves. That's the really the only way to effect change, get together and form a party. Run for office. The whole repeating Alex Jones quotes and waving UR BIG GUUUN around schtick turns people off.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM

571 posts, read 790,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hopefully he remains peaceful and the Gov doesn't decide to give him some kind of an "accident".
^^^This type of paranoia is a turn-off too.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
^^^This type of paranoia is a turn-off too.
LOL, you don't think that happens in this country? If this guy started a movement in this country that started gaining millions of followers and supporters of the constitution and taking power away from the people who have seized it? He wouldn't last very long.

Look at Ross Perot in '92. He became a serious threat to the Democratic and GOP presidential bids and all of a sudden he drops out of the race for personal reasons? I think they told him straight out he would never live to see the oval office.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
LOL, you don't think that happens in this country? If this guy started a movement in this country that started gaining millions of followers and supporters of the constitution and taking power away from the people who have seized it? He wouldn't last very long.

Look at Ross Perot in '92. He became a serious threat to the Democratic and GOP presidential bids and all of a sudden he drops out of the race for personal reasons? I think they told him straight out he would never live to see the oval office.
While Ross Perot was a serious threat he was never going to beat Bill Clinton in the 1992 presidential election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies