Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,994,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
If someone threatens my dog, and I feel that I've done everything I can to calm the situation to no avail, they will get hurt.
Don't expect others to join your fool's errand of going to war over mere words, if you get your ass whupped you deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,776,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That's why OBL was hiding like the coward he undoubtedly was, eh?
These cowboys sure are funny.

yosemite sam clip - YouTube

Old 01-25-2013, 06:41 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,966,297 times
Quote:
Don't expect others to join your fool's errand of going to war over mere words, if you get your ass whupped you deserve it.
I won't.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 AM

5,764 posts, read 11,592,088 times
I think we pretty much blew through our war fund with Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, the drone program, and so on. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but we're not running a surplus these days. Have fun trying to finance an Iran war on top of all that.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Had a "bad azz" at a pub one night that had a hot nut for me. I guess I reminded him of someone he knew. It started with him staring at me across the bar. Then when I tried to walk past him to go to the men's room, he stood up in front of me as to not let me pass. I excused myself and attempted to go around him. He grabbed my left arm....I punched him in the throat and he dropped, sucking air for about 10 minutes. He was tame as a lamb after that.

NEVER let someone place their hands on you. Even if he had a gun, he was incapable of using it. Most people will not pull a gun when they know you're not a patsy.

Would you have punched him in the throat over a mere look or words?

If not, this has nothing to do with the 'attack Iran based on words' BS, eh?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,144,733 times
Quote:
What did we do when Khruschev said he would bury us?

We certainly didn't go off half-cocked into some needless war just because of some cheesy trash talking windbag now, did we?

Didn't work out too badly either.

BTW, when has an Iranian said they'd kill the dog? Most quotes just say they'll live to see it die.
What we did was build up our military so much, that the USSR went broke trying to keep up.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,869,908 times
Quote:
Let's say that you have a neighbor that doesn't like your dog, and tells you to your face that he's going to kill it.

Nothing you do or say will change his mind.

What do you do?

How do you handle it peacefully?
What are you talking about?
Don't you mean -

Let's say that you have a neighbor that doesn't like you, and tells you to your face that he's going to kill you, your wife and all your children as well as your extended family, friends and associates. He says this to you over the fence while he is assembling a bomb in his back yard.

Now at the same time some of your neighbors are saying, he's building that bomb to kill moles in his back yard, not to use against you. Other neighbors are telling you to stop provoking him by using your own back yard and resolve this peacefully.

Oh yeah, some of the friends of this neighbor who hates you are living in your back yard while another neighbor is giving them little bombs they occasionally throw at your house.

Somebody tell me what is wrong with this picture - am I wrong?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
What we did was build up our military so much, that the USSR went broke trying to keep up.
Well good, if that's such a viable strategy then let Israel have at it.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 AM

24,624 posts, read 19,034,654 times
Quote:
He has never wavered from his hatred and desire to wipe Israel off the map.

How can you defend this?
He never said that, so one cannot defend something that was never said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
You understand Obama has directed John Kerry as his NUMBER ONE priority as Secretary of State is Iran? And that priority is to make sure Iran does not procure a nuclear program of any kind? You realize what that will ULTIMATELY mean?
Nuclear energy is the future of Iran -- even the US puppet-dictator Shah knew that.

Iran and nuclear energy produces nothing but good for the world: it lets Iran use one of the reactors to provide energy to a series of desalinization plants; it allows the water produced by those desalinization plants to be transported to the Iranian Plateau for irrigation; the irrigation will allow Iran to develop and expand agriculture; the developed agriculture will lower Iran's dismal perpetual 20+% unemployment rate; it will shift Iran from a net-importer of food to a net-exporter of food, resulting in an increased global food supply; it will allow Iran to shut down oil- and natural gas-fired electric power plants and shift that oil and natural gas to the Global Market; it will allow Iran to expand its petro-chemical refinery capacity; that will create even more jobs; and finally it will expand Iran's Middle Class and result in a gradual shift to a more democratic republic.

It's unfortunate your limited mind won't allow you to see that.

Quote:
It won't just be Israel bombing a nuclar reactor this time. We will be involved also.
Israel won't be bombing a nuclear reactor.

Explain in detail how destroying the dual-reactors at Bushwehr will halt or delay any alleged nuclear weapons program.

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you like that --- you'd have to actually know something about nuclear weapons in order to correctly explain how destroying the reactors accomplishes nothing very slowly.

Quote:
A MAJOR war with Iran, with its current leadership, is only a matter of time.
It's a good thing you're wrong.

I've explained in detail repeatedly why Israel will not attack Iran, and why Israel cannot attack Iran.

Not one person has ever refuted anything I said; they can't even understand the math behind it. But then I do have a unfair advantage from being in Battalion/Brigade S-3/S-3 Air in Panama and Iraq.

Ahmadinejad was elected in 2005.

Ahmadinejad was re-elected in 2009.

Iranian presidents have a two term limitation.

A new president will be elected in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
True, but that would be nuclear weapons program, then and that would be the correct action.
It wasn't the correct action for Russia, or Britain or France, or China, or South Africa or Israel or India or Pakistan, and obviously it wasn't the correct action for North Korea -- who really does have plutonium based nuclear weapons (Pakistan doesn't).

Why is it the "correct action" for Iran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
"The IAEA wants to verify that Iran does not intend to build a nuclear weapon, but the authorities in Tehran have consistently refused to provide inspectors with the access they need to fulfill their mission.
That's harassment.

The IAEA is in the hip-pocket of the US -- they function as an intelligence gathering unit -- Iran's not a fool. The IAEA only wants to stick their nose where they have no business putting it.

I don't have access to Iran, but I know Iran has no nuclear weapons or program, since there is no infrastructure for it. The infrastructure is quite massive with communications, command, technical operations, technical support, maintenance, end-users, security and storage (to name a few). You can spread it out over a vast area, but it is still visible no matter what.

The IAEA stated in a previous report that Iran was enriching uranium to 20% HEU. That proves three things...

1] Iran is not pursuing plutonium nuclear weapons; and
2] Iran has no nuclear weapons program; and
3] the IAEA has sufficient access to whatever they need to make an assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
See the propaganda and disinformation?

"Nuclear Program."

What does that mean? Does that mean a program of developing nuclear weapons or a program of developing nuclear energy?

If they mean nuclear energy program, then why not just say, "Nuclear Energy Program?"

If they mean nuclear weapons program, then why not just say, "Nuclear Weapons Program?"

Why use an incredibly ambiguous and vague term like Nuclear Program?

It's about instilling fear.

The last thing in the world the US wants is an Iran with a stable Middle Class, which is what Iran's nuclear energy program will create.

And the US is horrified that Iran is exercising its Freedom of Choice and choosing to sell oil, natural gas, and other commodities on the Global Market in basket currencies, instead of exclusively in US Dollars.

Settling...

Mircea

Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,966,297 times
Quote:
Would you have punched him in the throat over a mere look or words?

If not, this has nothing to do with the 'attack Iran based on words' BS, eh?
No.

But every situation is different. For instance, when I was about 17, I got wind that someone my age was going to beat up my 5 year younger brother. I confronted him and persuaded him not to. Had he not been reasonable, I would have gotten physical at that moment rather than wait for my brother to get hurt.

Are we supposed to wait for an attack on Israel? The Iranians don't seem to be capitulating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies