Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 04:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I have no problem with concealed carry by trained, level-headed and mentally competent individuals.

Unfortunately there are way too many idiots, hotheads, and careless people running around who don't use or store their firearms properly.
You've clearly swallowed the anti gun propaganda hook line and sinker. If you aren't a criminal or associate with criminals you have almost no chance of ever being shot. You have FAR more to fear from the drivers around you in traffic than you do from a gun owner.

There are probably at least 100,000,000 MORE guns than cars in the US, think about that the next time you're commuting and how many guns are all around you all the time. Every other house in the country has a gun or several in it, if gun owners were even remotely as irresponsible or "hot headed" as the anti gun nut liberals claim there would be vastly more shootings than there are, and they wouldn't be 90% criminals shooting criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:35 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,668,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You've clearly swallowed the anti gun propaganda hook line and sinker.
Not at all. I don't worry about competent, level-headed gun owners (such as myself).

It's the fools and knuckleheads who worry me. These days we've got people walking around who get their guns tangled up in their pants pocket, their bras and belts, their diaper bags and their fanny packs. They show them to friends and wind up shooting somebody. They let them "go off" when they sit on the pot, take a leak, roll over in bed, you name it. They leave them around where curious and unsupervised kids can pick them up and shoot their parents, brothers and sisters, and playmates. They let their firearms discharge when they are cleaning them.

These folks are an embarrassment to safe gun owners and a hazard to society. Their conduct is indefensible and isn't even worthy of being defended.

That's not anti-gun, that's anti-stupid. And yes you can at least partially fix stupid. If not we are all in a world of hurt.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:24 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Not at all. I don't worry about competent, level-headed gun owners (such as myself).

Prove to us you are? Be careful....I really don't think you are a level headed gun owner..

Quote:
It's the fools and knuckleheads who worry me. These days we've got people walking around who get their guns tangled up in their pants pocket, their bras and belts, their diaper bags and their fanny packs. They show them to friends and wind up shooting somebody. They let them "go off" when they sit on the pot, take a leak, roll over in bed, you name it. They leave them around where curious and unsupervised kids can pick them up and shoot their parents, brothers and sisters, and playmates. They let their firearms discharge when they are cleaning them.
So, you cherry pic.....yet you have no clue how many are actually around you with gun (Concealed Carry)

Quote:
These folks are an embarrassment to safe gun owners and a hazard to society. Their conduct is indefensible and isn't even worthy of being defended.

Its really is....but WHY do you continue to put these people in the same level headed arena that you say you are in?

Quote:
That's not anti-gun, that's anti-stupid. And yes you can at least partially fix stupid. If not we are all in a world of hurt.
It's anti gun, when you place yourself in the anti level head arena..which is what you are doing...

Old 04-30-2015, 09:10 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,999,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
With over 8 million active concealed carry licences in the U.S. do you think that you never are around guns? As you navigate your daily life, when you are at the grocery store, when you go to K-mart, while you are waiting to get your haircut, when you are at your kids soccer game, chances are that often you are in close proximity to a handgun. I often think when I look at people, which ones would have a problem with me sitting 4ft from them if they new I was carrying, and which ones would feel safer knowing there is an armed and trained person near them.
My point is this ... this all happens everyday, without incident. We are bound by law to keep it concealed and never pull it out unless an aggravated felony is occuring to us, or those around us.
We have chosen to make personal safety our responsibility.
We are your friends.
Anyone in my vicinity with a weapon sets off alarm bells. I repeat..ANYONE. that includes law enforcement.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:24 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,079,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Anyone in my vicinity with a weapon sets off alarm bells. I repeat..ANYONE. that includes law enforcement.
Concealed means no one knows.
11 million .... And no one knows.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,999,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Concealed means no one knows.
11 million .... And no one knows.
Its called situational awareness........

Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 PM

3,276 posts, read 2,105,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
With over 8 million active concealed carry licences in the U.S. do you think that you never are around guns? As you navigate your daily life, when you are at the grocery store, when you go to K-mart, while you are waiting to get your haircut, when you are at your kids soccer game, chances are that often you are in close proximity to a handgun. I often think when I look at people, which ones would have a problem with me sitting 4ft from them if they new I was carrying, and which ones would feel safer knowing there is an armed and trained person near them.
My point is this ... this all happens everyday, without incident. We are bound by law to keep it concealed and never pull it out unless an aggravated felony is occuring to us, or those around us.
We have chosen to make personal safety our responsibility.
We are your friends.
As I've lived in Florida now for nearly a decade, I just assume that many folks are armed (and I am as well):

Old 05-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Prove to us you are? Be careful....I really don't think you are a level headed gun owner..
Trust me.

I might be standing right behind you and you'd never know the difference.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:16 AM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Trust me.

I might be standing right behind you and you'd never know the difference.
As millions do....

Old 05-01-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
As millions do....
I tend to be pretty darn careful. As long as I know you're not a bad guy (or about to turn into one) you should be okay.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies