Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
??? you said it was illegal for the Senator to have sex with someone in the DR of a certain age even though it would be legal there. I understand the person you responded to simply said sex, but the context is in the forum itself. So you have to be playing that angle, if you arent, then IDK what you are arguing considering the next line.
What Menendez is accused of doing is both illegal in the DR and the USA. He is not simply accused of having sex.

Quote:
You can not be this dense. U.S. laws do not apply when you are in other nation. When you are in another country, you have to abide by their rules ( or in this case, allegedly voluntarily lower yourself to their rules).
You call me names and yet you are wrong. Once again, the PROTECT act. 2003.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What Menendez is accused of doing is both illegal in the DR and the USA. He is not simply accused of having sex.

From the way the forum outlined it, i though what he did was legal there, if im wrong my mistake, but that still doesnt make you right, as the premise of your argument was simply that U.S. law deemed it illegal which does not matter when he wasnt in the U.S. when it happened.

I am not wrong, you just seem to not understand the U.S. Law does not govern other nations or american citizen while in another nation, a citizen of the U.S. does not have to abide by U.S. laws while in another nation.

it is that simple, if you believe your Protect Act says they do, then quote where it does.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
I hear Bill Clinton and Hillary are being pushed for a nobel prize now. This guy can't be far behind. Molesting women seems to get you a leg up in the democrat party. The war on women..............lol. Liberals eat that garbage up like candy. I would never leave my daughter in a room with a democrat politician. They are all perverts.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:

the protect act argument doesnt even make sense considering the girl he allegedly screwed was 16 and its legal to be an adult and have sex with a 16 year old in 21 U.S. States.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
From the way the forum outlined it, i though what he did was legal there, if im wrong my mistake, but that still doesnt make you right, as the premise of your argument was simply that U.S. law deemed it illegal which does not matter when he wasnt in the U.S. when it happened.
Protect act. 2003. Obviously you refuse to look it up and see what it does.

Quote:
I am not wrong, you just seem to not understand the U.S. Law does not govern other nations or american citizen while in another nation, a citizen of the U.S. does not have to abide by U.S. laws while in another nation.

it is that simple, if you believe your Protect Act says they do, then quote where it does.
There is an old saying that goes you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

Authorizes fines and/or imprisonment for up to 30 years for U.S. citizens or residents who engage in illicit sexual conduct abroad, with or without the intent of engaging in such sexual misconduct.

One such act would be engaging in prostitution with a minor.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
the protect act argument doesnt even make sense considering the girl he allegedly screwed was 16 and its legal to be an adult and have sex with a 16 year old in 21 U.S. States.
Really irrelevant as what he is accused of doing is not legal in any state nor the DR.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Protect act. 2003. Obviously you refuse to look it up and see what it does.

There is an old saying that goes you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink.

Authorizes fines and/or imprisonment for up to 30 years for U.S. citizens or residents who engage in illicit sexual conduct abroad, with or without the intent of engaging in such sexual misconduct.

One such act would be engaging in prostitution with a minor.
You do realize that we just had a sex scandal with secret service agents not 6 months ago and none of them went to jail even though they did engage in prostitution right ?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Really irrelevant as what he is accused of doing is not legal in any state nor the DR.
Again, these are all allegations and some of the right wing sites reporting it dont say it was prostitution.

so yes, it would be legal in some cases.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
You do realize that we just had a sex scandal with secret service agents not 6 months ago and none of them went to jail even though they did engage in prostitution right ?
You sure are big on irrelevancies. The argument was what he did while perhaps a lapse in ethics is not illegal. It indeed is.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Again, these are all allegations and some of the right wing sites reporting it dont say it was prostitution.

so yes, it would be legal in some cases.
I was clear to note they were allegations and no the allegations are not legal in any case. Funny how you had the audacity to call me dense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies