Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

"Staunchly pro-life, Brown’s attempt to further limit the the number of abortions performed in her state did not go unnoticed" .

Read more: Under pressure, New Mexico Rep. amends bill that would have charged rape victims who had abortions with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Is this from the Onion? Prank, this sounds too insane
I have had the same thought a number of times when confronted with some "Republican" stances. This isn't even the most outrageous one.

To me, Akin, Mourdock, King, and Walsh are still the epitome of stupidity that has seemingly found a permanent home in the GOP.

For those of you with short-term memory:

Akin: Rape survivors don’t need abortions because “if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Mourdock: “Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

King: Deflected a question about abortions for 12-year-old rape victims by saying, "I just haven't heard of that being a circumstance that's been brought to me in any personal way.”

Walsh: “With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance” where abortion is necessary to protect a woman’s life or health. “There is no such exception as life of the mother,”

Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
As a Republican, I'm ashamed. Please understand, this is NOT the normal Republican's way of thinking. Democrats have their share of nut cases too.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
As a Republican, I'm ashamed. Please understand, this is NOT the normal Republican's way of thinking. Democrats have their share of nut cases too.
In today's day and age, this is the norm for the GOP.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Why am I not surprised. I don't know how people can vote for these people. One more to the list of crazies.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
That's true, I'm not sure why Americans seem to think they have to align themselves wholly with one side and stop thinking for themselves. Life is never that black and white, we need to start looking more at actual issues, laws and problems, and dealing with them through logic and compromise, rather than just constantly fighting back and forth over left and right, which is what causes idiotic ideas like this to emerge. If most people were actually showing that they think for themselves and put common sense and decency before political party, no politician would ever get away with suggesting something this ridiculous.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I've noticed that liberal fanatics frequently start raving hysterically when they lose. Here we have yet another such example.
What did they lose?

Last edited by djacques; 01-25-2013 at 10:29 PM..

Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
The last 5 years, the difference is the GOP wing nut element is being given more credence than their pithy little voting share deserves.

At some point, the Establishment GOP will regain control from the asylum cases that have led them astray. 2012 POTUS, w/o the wing nuts, was an easy GOP victory. Romney, w/o the wing nuts, or whoever the nominee would be w/o them , runs a far more centrist campaign, and wins.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
This crackpot's salary is a waste of tax dollars and Republicans should be calling for her removal if they are concerned about spending. Does she hang out with Sharon "make lemonade out of lemons for incestual rape pregnancy" Angle? They seem to be kindred spirits.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-25-2013 at 10:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies