Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 03:03 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You're right, I should have qualified that statement--no thinking woman would be in his bedroom. I'm sure there are some fundamentalist Christian women out there who agree with him that women are the cause of every bad or evil thing in this world, and that God intended them to be chattel, who would be happy to be with Encino.

His explanation was the the Bible said so. Hardly the compelling evidence he claimed to have to back up his statements that women are the cause of everything that's gone wrong in civilization.

I'm guessing you are a white male. Would you would say that the whole agenda for the civil rights movement was "one-sided BS" as well?
I'm not a fundamentalist. And there are women who can't stand most females and enjoy relationships with "misogynistic" men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 03:04 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Could you provide some examples?
Go to the relationship section and there are several examples there, including one asking if women are desirable after 30.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It is scary.

I think there's a fundamental terror that misogynist men have, a lack of self-esteem, a suspicion that they're not really men and might be found out, a lack of emotional and mental strength, a fear that they lack something that other men have.

Men that are not afraid of women, are not afraid that they'll be left behind by women, that women will destroy them, that women need to be controlled, their activities curtailed, and their ideas dismissed. Men that are afraid of women feel women are their enemy. Very, very sad.

I ADORE men who are so incredibly confident that they don't have to feel afraid of women!
Me too. One guy on the dating site (he's still on there go figure)started sending me this hateful online book about women obeying men and men having the right to hit them if they disobeyed. He then admitted he hit his exes. He also bashed working moms and just a horrible guy. He's mad because the world has changed and women don't rely on men like they used to.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
There is evidence to support the Bible's claim on who was the first to cause the downfall of humanity. After all, who are the majority of voters whom politicians overwhelmingly pander to?
Rich Old White Guys.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
The feminists just insult men rather than providing a logical explanation for their views. Is it because deep down, they realize their whole agenda is one-sided BS?
Lol.

I would've thought "equal pay for equal work" is fairly logical, as is the right to vote and own property?

The original feminists would be amazed that they have caused such fear in the hearts of boys, and possibly very gratified that they have had such a far reaching effect. All they were originally after was the right to vote and not be a chattel.

Feminisim is about equality, nothing more. The world has (is) traditionally run by men, and feminism is about claiming equal rights.

It's not about hating on men. It's about changing society so everyone's equal - gay straight male female transwhatever black white and all shades in between.

As you are so sure feminists are ruling the world, please link to one man-hating insult by a feminist in mainstream media that has occurred today.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 01-27-2013 at 03:37 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Feminist bashing does not equal woman bashing. Women are human beings of a particular sex who have a variety of opinions. Feminists are people of both sexes pushing a particular ideology.
^^^^Post of the Day

Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Not only that, but politically correct as well.

Unfortunately, most women and liberal men can't handle politically incorrect Bible verses. So they retort to bashing religion and the Bible. No wonder society is where it's headed.

Again, can you please show me an example of that in the mainstream media today?

As you are so sure feminists are intentionally bashing and attempting to discredit all religion (and succeeding, apparently), there should be ample articles published on any one day of the week.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Don't tell me...let me guess...when you were a child your crayons were placed in the box in no discernible order because they had so many other important qualities to consider besides their color.
Actually, when I was a kid I had all the crayons and colored pencils thrown in one box. I was forever being scolded for coloring things 'incorrectly', so yes, that's exactly how I was.

Quote:
So what do you care?

You're six feet tall and can carry an eighty pount backpack several miles.

Hell, you're practically a grunt.

It'll take a lot more than some hurtful criticism of the fairer sex to get your mascara running!
I'm so sorry you feel threatened by women who have an opinion. Trust me, I take everything on this board (especially rants by the far right posters) with a huge grain of salt

Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
At base, feminism is simply humanism. The shocking belief that women are equal to men.

I have no doubt there are some rabid feminists just as there are rabid chauvinists, leftists, rightists, Christians, Muslims, atheists, etc.

Some humans are extremists; it's not necessarily a by-product of the groups or movements to which they belong or the ideologies to which they adhere.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm so sorry you feel threatened by women who have an opinion.
Sometimes the light hits it just right and you can see the last vesitges of the "Father Knows Best" white-haired, white-skinned males who fear the fact that they are losing their stranglehold on everything as this nation becomes more tolerant, more progressive, and more brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies