Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times

Advertisements

The verdict is in: Americans don’t just support Obamacare — they consider implementing its central tenets a “top priority” for their state legislatures.
A new Kaiser Family Foundation/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/Harvard School of Public Health poll finds that strong majorities of Americans consider implementing Obamacare’s statewide insurance exchanges and Medicaid expansion either a “top” or “important” priority for their state:

Americans increasingly embrace Obamacare as it is implemented. Although public sentiment on the landmark reform law was ambivalent as it was being debated in Congress, Americans have consistently supported its individual provisions, and support for fully repealing the law plunged to an all-time low after the presidential election. And House Republicans can’t find any co-sponsors for their latest Obamacare repeal bills now that the president is beginning his second term.

But GOP governors don’t seem to have gotten the memo. Only four Republican governors have expressed support for expanding their states’ Medicaid programs, while the vast majority — including those representing some of America’s poorest and least-insured states — have refused to participate in the expansion, despite the fact that expanding Medicaid will actually save states billions of dollars. The outlook for the Obamacare insurance exchanges is also grim, with as many as half of U.S. states refusing to set up their own exchanges, deferring instead to the federal government.

Majority Of Americans Think Implementing Obamacare Should Be A 'Top Priority' In Their State | ThinkProgress
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I would like to see the actual questions asked in the poll. As one person put it, "Anything can be proven with a poll if you ask the right questions,"

Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,221 times
I would rather see my state not implement Obamacare. I would rather see jobs come to my state so people can get off Medicaid and government handouts. What liberals fail to understand is that life on the dole is a meaningless existence that leads to depression and insanity. I know because I was a 99er at one time.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:56 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The verdict is in: Americans don’t just support Obamacare — they consider implementing its central tenets a “top priority” for their state legislatures.
Laughable!! Wouldn't you know it would be StinkProgress!

I hate to bring you the bad news, but the majority of Americans have not changed their minds on ObamaCare ... they want it repealed!

The reason so many states are not going to set up exchanges is because people don't want it.

ObamaCare is too expensive, we can't afford it. Secondly, nobody wants to give up the best health care in the world for a system which has failed every place it's been tried

Do you really want some panel of bureaucrats making decisions about your health care, and deciding what treatments you can and cannot have? I'd rather continue the personal relationship I have with my doctor. I know that she cares. No government bureaucrat would.

And, if you think you are going to get to keep your doctor, you are sadly mistaken. Obama lied about that too.

There has not been one event, revelation, or any new information that has come to light that would make people change their minds about ObamaCare. If anything, what we hear about it, the regulations, etc. just make it worse.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would like to see the actual questions asked in the poll. As one person put it, "Anything can be proven with a poll if you ask the right questions,"
So true, and from what I keep hearing day in and day out on the talk shows, local and national news, the majority of Americans are still angry about them shoving that down our throats, and want it repealed.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
I would rather see my state not implement Obamacare. I would rather see jobs come to my state so people can get off Medicaid and government handouts. What liberals fail to understand is that life on the dole is a meaningless existence that leads to depression and insanity. I know because I was a 99er at one time.
Praise God. And I do support Hobby Lobby!

Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
I've never clicked on a Think Progress article before and hated to do it now. Here's some more numbers to spin around on that little hamster wheel inside your head.

Health Care Law Is Still Fighting For Its Life - Rasmussen Reports™

Look at that motley cast of characters. Our nation is a joke, the inmates are all running the asylum, and sooner or later we're all going to have to pay a very large price for our collective foolishness.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think tha one syudy is hard to beleive when we see that so mnay in other pools do not support Obamacare. I think perhapos recent election results in mnay states on candiates that appose it also speaks to the question.Recent supreme sourt ruling altho not makig it unconstitutional; certainly allows sto optout on many provisons.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:50 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Rasmusen had the absolute worst record for accuracy of any polling company in the last two elections. No intelligent person bases their positions on what Rasmusen says.

BTW most of the "reaction" people had against health care reform was based on misinformation ("there are death panels to kill grandma!") and fear of change. Just like when medicare was first put into effect the right wing went bonkers and ginned up fear but once people saw what it actually was they liked it and now it's a career ender for a politician to say they want to cut it or kill it. It will be the same with health care reform. They will like it and soon we will all wonder what the fuss was about why we ever thought it was a bad idea to let insurance companies deny people because of pre-existing conditions.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Doesn't OBamaCare hurt someone who is unemployed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies