Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh? DC has a fenced border? I had no idea.
" I had no idea".

Probably the ONLY thing you have said that I agree with.

Many say the people from D.C just cross the borders into MD and VA. and buy guns. Stupid on their part.

"MWRUKMAN

"DC does not have gun control all you have to do is get in a car or ride the metro to Virginia just accross the Potamac River. You can get all the guns your heart desires in Virginia. Virginia really needs to change its state slogan to "Virginia is for Gun Lovers". "

It is ILLEGAL to directly sell a handgun to someone from another state. ALL sales MUST go through the FFL holder in the state, or in this case the City, that the buyer resides in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
How can you have gun control in a city, little gun control outside of it which makes it very easy for straw purchases, and then when a shooting occurs inside of the city say "haha gun control isn't working!" ? We need to have a uniform policy of gun control across the whole country to make fair comparisons.
And yet somehow despite the 'easy availability of guns' outside the cities these shootings only seem to happen in "gun free zones" in cities. Why doesn't Idaho have a mass shooting every day if access to guns is the problem? It couldn't possibly be due to the people, could it? No, of course not, it must be due to guns.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
EVIL = STUPIDITY ....so how is stupidity control working out? You could take all the guns and melt them down into roller coaster rides and people would still go around smashing the other guys head with a rock because humans are just plain stupid..and there has been no moral or civil evolution in humanity. How's the rock control working out? Or the stick control ? Or the the kitchen knife control? When we start to teach our kids about self control and emotional restraint then there will be results. In the mean time...keep your head down.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Now stop your laziness and get googling. There's nothing more despicable than right wing laziness and ignorance, particularly given the fact that right wingers flap their lips rapidly with b_llsh_t and lies, and little else.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, you cannot even back yourself up.....now that is pathetic and lazy....

Old 03-01-2013, 09:12 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Banning guns will, in fact, work. That is why you guys are scared to death that it might actually happen. People can only be afraid of the big bad 2nd Amendment for so long. After enough deaths, the fact that the 2nd Amendment is just words... old words... it will sink in that they aren't relevant to 20?? and there will be hell to pay. Count on it. If America survives into the far future it will NOT be as some kind of Mad Max-Road Warrior post apocalypse where anarchy reigns. If America survives it will be because we got rid of the guns. AND tapped the rich people.

H

You mean, gotten rid of all the guns from the citizens while the government and its agencies still retain them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
AND tapped the rich people.
At gun point no less.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:35 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I had no idea".

Probably the ONLY thing you have said that I agree with.

Many say the people from D.C just cross the borders into MD and VA. and buy guns. Stupid on their part.

"MWRUKMAN

"DC does not have gun control all you have to do is get in a car or ride the metro to Virginia just accross the Potamac River. You can get all the guns your heart desires in Virginia. Virginia really needs to change its state slogan to "Virginia is for Gun Lovers". "

It is ILLEGAL to directly sell a handgun to someone from another state. ALL sales MUST go through the FFL holder in the state, or in this case the City, that the buyer resides in.
Yeah? So D.C. has a fenced border? lol

Oh I see! And the fact that it's illegal to sell has been veeery successful! No need to ban guns, nosiree! It's working GREAT!

You people are something else.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Oh I see! And the fact that it's illegal to sell has been veeery successful! No need to ban guns, nosiree! It's working GREAT!

Do you even see the ignorance in your comment?

If you do this ILLEGALLY you are now a......wait................a CRIMINAL..................

Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do you even see the ignorance in your comment?

If you do this ILLEGALLY you are now a......wait................a CRIMINAL..................
No, actually, I'm seeing the absurdity in wanting the states to determine what they wish about guns, but then expecting the guns to stay put in each state, magically. You gun fondlers are the kings of bs.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
No, actually, I'm seeing the absurdity in wanting the states to determine what they wish about guns, but then expecting the guns to stay put in each state, magically. You gun fondlers are the kings of bs.

Of course you don't see the ignorance in your post. This is the way you think.

There are LAWS against everything you have stated, but yet you fail to realize this. Criminals do not follow the law...hence, criminals....

What you describded is against the law....

Hell, my 11 year old even understands that....

Again with the "sexual orientation" dealing with guns.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:37 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Yeah? So D.C. has a fenced border? lol

There are NO words to describe the absurdity of your postings.

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John
Wayne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies