Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I do, because you fail to realize what "laws" are, is not my problem. If the law says "you will not sell/purchase/acquire a gun over state lines, unless you fill out the proper form, and you do not do this, you are a criminal.
How can you enforce a law across the board without mandatory sentencing? Prosecutors can take pleas in exchange for leniency.

However, let's play your game. Why haven't the laws been enforced then?

Quote:
I also agreed with you, but now you are stating that you want to make guns a privilege? Can you show me what post# you are talking about?

Quote:
But, I thought that was the reason we have laws? You are supposed to obey them.....
Tell that to the criminals

Quote:
Prove me wrong.....I'll be waiting on this one...
Post #154 and 155. I agreed with you on that point yet several posts above you post the same nonsense about me wanting more laws on top of laws.....

Quote:
More law does not mean better rule......maybe I should have put a behind my posting.....
Again, I agree with you.... You can't keep up.

Quote:
Yea, please do....
Post 154

Quote:
I do, because you fail to realize what "laws" are, is not my problem. If the law says "you will not sell/purchase/acquire a gun over state lines, unless you fill out the proper form, and you do not do this, you are a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I thought D.C. was supposed to be safe with all their gun control.

"Five people were shot at a the DC Soundstage early Saturday. It happened just after 2:30 a.m. in the 2400 block of Benning Road NE. Continue reading
Police say a man was shot in the left eye and a woman was shot in the chest. Both were taken to MedStar in critical condition, but police now say they are stable. Three others were taken to separate hospitals with non life-threatening injuries.
Police are looking for a black man with a goatee. He was wearing a black skull cap. Anyone with information should call police."

DC Soundstage shooting: Five shot at nightclub | WJLA.com

have you not heard, criminals dont follow the law, so all those gun control laws mean absolutely nothing to them, as they wont follow them in the 1st place.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
have you not heard, criminals dont follow the law, so all those gun control laws mean absolutely nothing to them, as they wont follow them in the 1st place.
Yes that is the definition of a criminal.... they don't follow laws. So like I said early, why do we need murder and rape laws?

Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yes that is the definition of a criminal.... they don't follow laws. So like I said early, why do we need murder and rape laws?

because murder and rape laws are evil unto themselves. gun control laws are only there to effect the already law abiding. gun control is nothing more than a prohibitive law.

there is nothing inherently criminal about firearms. murder and rape are criminal unto themselves.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 AM

Quote:
because murder and rape laws are evil unto themselves. gun control laws are only there to effect the already law abiding. gun control is nothing more than a prohibitive law.
Gun control is prohibitive that is the point.

Quote:
there is nothing inherently criminal about firearms.
Never implied there was. Firearms having limits and restrictions have nothing to do with their wickedness. It's about trying to make sure the wrong person doesn't get a weapon. My point was that criminals will always break the laws, so you're argument isn't rational. Even outright banning firearms won't get rid of them, but that doesn't mean we should give up because we can't achieve 100% results.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:

Never implied there was. Firearms having limits and restrictions have nothing to do with their wickedness. It's about trying to make sure the wrong person doesn't get a weapon. My point was that criminals will always break the laws, so you're argument isn't rational. Even outright banning firearms won't get rid of them, but that doesn't mean we should give up because we can't achieve 100% results.

and criminal will not follow prohibitive laws. they might not break a law that evil unto itself, but prohibitive laws mean nothing at all. probitive laws only effect the law abiding.

get rid of all the 25,000 unconstitutional victim disarmanent laws.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:

the point I am trying to make that every citizen has 2nd Amendment rights, except those that are in prison or on parole.

if a felon is out of prison and off parole and did their time to society, then I have no problem with them owning firearms.

if you dont want a felon to have firearms, then keep them in prison or on lifetime parole.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I thought D.C. was supposed to be safe with all their gun control.

Any guesses on what makes getting guns into dc easy

hell, at least in Chicago you need a car. DC you can take the metro to at least two other states. . .

Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Any guesses on what makes getting guns into dc easy

hell, at least in Chicago you need a car. DC you can take the metro to at least two other states. . .

Yep, extremely easy. D.C. is not an island.

Aric Alexander Smith Charged With Murder, Robbery In Shooting Death Of Gregory Lee Holley Sr In Woodbridge, Va. | wusa9.com

The above link points to a story that happened very close to my home, in Virginia, 2 weeks ago. Very close to DC. I know guns to kill people, people kill people. This POS that killed this man, stole a gun from a car. What kind of responsible gun owner leaves their gun out in parked car overnight?

Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
Quote:
the point I am trying to make that every citizen has 2nd Amendment rights, except those that are in prison or on parole.

if a felon is out of prison and off parole and did their time to society, then I have no problem with them owning firearms.

if you dont want a felon to have firearms, then keep them in prison or on lifetime parole.
In Arizona there is a wait time for felons who are out of jail and not on parole before they can own firearms. The length of time depends on the felony they committed and, I believe, they have to apply to a judge for restoration of that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies