Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -Reagan

It's people like you who would actually thank the government for saving you from yourself.

I'd rather save us from people who believe the government will save anyone.
Not hardly. As I'm smart enough to know and understand not only the danger of having an arsenal of deadly weapons in my home, but the lunacy of thinking that they will enable your keeping "government tyranny" at bay while you go happily about your business.

Times have changed, Steven. We don't live by the club in the cave anymore and your insistence on the free and open proliferation of deadly weapons in the sick and twisted hands of today's public will only hasten the realization of that which you so fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The fear and paranoia of the left wing who support gun control in this country is something grotesque to witness.
I couldn't agree more. The post you quoted caught my contemptuous side as well, but there were to many to choose from. Lol. Much easier to pick up where you left off. I have to roll, laughing, at the post with the club and caveman bit. It never ceases to amaze me, how these liberal, urban dwelling, evolution of the Hippy, feel they are so much more enlightened simply because they can't or won't, fight for anything. Not in a martial way, anyway.
They look down their noses, through a pair of John Denver glasses, in open disdain, for ANYONE, with a shred of martial skill, and a willingness to fight and die, protecting what is dear to them.
To the original qiestion at hand, do folks have a responsibility to fight back with force of arms, in situations that would warrent it.....well technically no. However, the choice is there, however it is applied. I , personally, feel an obligation to defend my family, my home, and my community, when violence is offered. I guess I am a jut jawed, caveman, for not relying on tbe cops, or any other government agency, to care about the best interests of me n mine.
Yes, I own and train with firearms. But I dont limit martial skill to shooting alone. Oh my!!! Now I am a REALLY primal form of life!!! Lol, it would be really funny, if these, so called, higher forms of humanity, didn't, honestly, believe the brainwashed drivel, tbe parrot from college professors that think tbe Morlocks and tbe Eloi is the natural evolution humanity should take. Well, all you higher life forms, Keep on truckin'. However, don't force the issue. I know you would be lead a cheerleaders if BO, and his worshipping followers, invited the UN to step in and help make us safer crom ourselves. But, shredding tbe Constitution, and rewriting it to suit you, won't be a cakewalk. In tbe halls of congress, or out bere in the nation.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
I saw that movie too.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I couldn't agree more. The post you quoted caught my contemptuous side as well, but there were to many to choose from. Lol. Much easier to pick up where you left off. I have to roll, laughing, at the post with the club and caveman bit. It never ceases to amaze me, how these liberal, urban dwelling, evolution of the Hippy, feel they are so much more enlightened simply because they can't or won't, fight for anything. Not in a martial way, anyway.
They look down their noses, through a pair of John Denver glasses, in open disdain, for ANYONE, with a shred of martial skill, and a willingness to fight and die, protecting what is dear to them.
What is dear to you is your guns, and when you combine a natural paranoia to an emotional attachment to firearms, you have a large group of people desperate for something, or someone, to focus their wrath, paranoia, and sights upon. It can be the Federal govt., it can be dirty liberals, it can be moderate, common sense Republicans, it can be Dianne Feinstein or Barack Obama, it can be a multitude of things.

Two things that are inherent in most gun nuts are paranoia and anger, you see countless examples on this forum every day.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Then stop making up fake quotes.

Put that back in your pants. Nobody's coming to take your guns.

I understand it completely. So does the Supreme Court. To whit:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER
1 I didn't make any quotes.......

2 I already knew no body was coming to my house. Almost nobody does now and i like it that way. When anyone does they call, and if they don't call the dog goes nuts and i show up with a gun.... In that case the gun is in my hand already and i don't show myself so well.

Shoot the dog and you get shot back at. I am doing my best to hit the shooter too. Wearing a black mask is a real bad idea.

3 i don't think you understand squat. You shall not have my Rights now or later and what ever i have will go to my NG Son and then that will go to his son. My grandson will have the same rights I have and I will help teach him to shoot when he turns 5 or his dad says I can. probably when he turns 6 His dad will give him the 22 rifle i gave my son, and YOU and your PC BS won't be able to do a thing about it.

By then your beloved Obama will be very dead of old age if nothing else as not even the SS can save him from that.

I suppose to you even old age is a threat... You PC people are very sick..... You should be institutionalized.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
i don't think you understand squat. You shall not have my Rights now or later and what ever i have will go to my NG Son and then that will go to his son. My grandson will have the same rights I have and I will help teach him to shoot when he turns 5 or his dad says I can. probably when he turns 6 His dad will give him the 22 rifle i gave my son, and YOU and your PC BS won't be able to do a thing about it.
What the **** are you babbling about?

Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Good. You'll reenact the Ruby Ridge and Waco massacre; and good riddance.
Randy was paid a handsome sum for that federal Govt fubar. But imagine he hates the federal guts for murdering his wife.

I know if that were me no amount of money would ever make it right..... And he was lead right into that trap. me I will never saw up a perfectly good shot gun for anyone but myself.

Maybe after i see how this BS gun ban works out I might build suppressors and just leave them around places for other people to find. No marking, and i won't make a dime.....

I won't even know who finds them..... I have tons of shop scrap to use so it won't cost me a cent, just a little time. Drilling holes in metal is easy....

Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What the **** are you babbling about?

It's pretty plain jack.... Oh that's right, you don't know jack..

You are in control of nothing..

Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What is dear to you is your guns, and when you combine a natural paranoia to an emotional attachment to firearms, you have a large group of people desperate for something, or someone, to focus their wrath, paranoia, and sights upon. It can be the Federal govt., it can be dirty liberals, it can be moderate, common sense Republicans, it can be Dianne Feinstein or Barack Obama, it can be a multitude of things.

Two things that are inherent in most gun nuts are paranoia and anger, you see countless examples on this forum every day.
And there's a third thing....the inability to see the source of supply of the threats fueling their perpetual fear when they look in a mirror.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

How typical. You honestly do believe that I am panting for a chance at combat, of any kind. That type of bigoted, insulting, absolutism makes me physically ill. However, I will cut you just a tad of slack, since it is obvious you have been spoon fed stereotypes for so long you can't subsist on anything else.
The taking of a life, even one who is trying to kill you, leaves a scar. There is no recounting the things that go tbrough your head, in the aftermath. Tbe only, barest comfort there is, is the realization that it was him/ her or you.
You have NO clue, other than the ideology you cling to, and your false feeling of superiority. It leaves me with a sense of complete awe, that someone could be so removed from reality, and view tbe entire world through a prism of unfounded opinions and parroted quips, designed to hold up a shaky moral base. (sigh) ....I truly hope that you and yours never have to experience tbe harsh reality, of which I know more than I ever cared to.
Think what you will of me, and those brothers and sisters of mine, who carry a burden you cannot even begin to imagine. Ours can be an emotional roller coaster of a life, and we know sadness, all to well. But yours is a far sadder life tban ours ever will be. And you don't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies