Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 10:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
... the GOP continues it's headlong BACKWARD MARCH TO OBLIVION. The state legislature just passed a bill requiring doctors to call the cops on any suspected "illegal aliens" who come in seeking medical treatment:

Arizona bill would compel hospitals to check immigration status - latimes.com

So now parents will be scared to take their sick, likely INFECTOUS, kids to the ER??? That is just BREATHTAKINGLY stupid, Party o' Stupid (to quote Bobby Jindal).

In before "Go back to Mexico if you don't like it... Blah blah blah"

Keep it coming, GOP... thats ALL us Dems want... Just keep it coming
and again, the fascist liberals dont understand one word....ILLEGAL

why do liberals want to aid and abet ILLEGALS....do liberals understand the fact that an illegal act is just that ....illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Gee, it wasn't but a few short centuries ago that the mighty white Euros were the invading menace, and only a century and a half ago when we stopped resorting to the enslavement of people from one continent and the genocide and marginalization of people from another continent (this one!)

Interesting.

Here's another chuckle-worthy bill the brilliant Arizona Republican lawmakers are proposing:

They want to make high school kids publicly take this oath before they are allowed to graduate:

I, _______, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge these duties; So help me God.

AZ Bill Could Prevent Atheists Graduating High School
Of course, these Republicans conveniently forget the U.S. Constitution, Article VI:
Quote:
no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
The words "So Help me God" are not part of any official oath, instead they are tacked on after the oath as a "personal prayer".

Oath of office of the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 PM

383 posts, read 641,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and again, the fascist liberals dont understand one word....ILLEGAL

why do liberals want to aid and abet ILLEGALS....do liberals understand the fact that an illegal act is just that ....illegal
No...they haven't grasped that concept yet.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:00 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Only the very greedy illegals will refuse to take their children for medical care because they've got nationalized health care back over on their side of the border, certainly any decent illegal would take their children back to Mexico if they thought they needed to see a doctor. Only the most greedy would put easy American money ahead of their own children.
No, they don't have national health care in Mexico. They do provide some EXTREMELY basic stuff for free, like flu shots, but if you want anything more then you have to either show proof of insurance or pay in advanced. Where do you righties keep coming up with this nonsense?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I'm not a fan of illegals but I don't see how this should be a Dr's responsibility.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
No, the real idiots here are the Republicans who are going to get a lot of innocent people in the general population killed from easily preventable diseases.

As thousands of long-time, legal Az residents are infected, they can celebrate being their wing nut legislator's idea of collateral damage.

They elected them, so in a way, perhaps they deserve it.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Be honest here. The law was not passed. It was simply introduced. There is no shortage of kooks in the legislature. .
In Az, kooks are in oversupply. I'm simply being honest.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Hospitals need to check identity for all possible heath history including allergy's to medication, mental health issues, past ailing records ect ect...so all they are prob saying is if an institution knows for a fact that a person is illegally in the country they are obliged to report the incidence. Either something is against the law or it is not. This is similar to Obama making large emphasis re reporting a person who would do harm to self or others....they already do that.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Hospitals need to check identity for all possible heath history including allergy's to medication, mental health issues, past ailing records ect ect...so all they are prob saying is if an institution knows for a fact that a person is illegally in the country they are obliged to report the incidence.
I dislike passing on responsibilities like this to people trying to do a particular job. Making 'frontline' folks (Dr's, hospitals, schools, whoever) obligated by law to be watchdogs for the government or other group is pretty lousy. It's a burden and can even overshadow the job they are there to do.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM

If this became the law, illegals would not get treated. Saves money, right? Short-term, yes. But they stay in Az. Go to local shops, pick up that same head of lettuce your family does.

They become the 21st century (debatable if Az is in the 21st):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoid_Mary

This means they cost Az far more. Congrats, wingnuts. Why put one foot in your mouth when both can be shoved in it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies