Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refresh1 View Post
The clips and ammo should cost 10,000 apiece.
Cost? I can make them in a matter of 30 minutes. Those clips didn't come with the gun. I bought the short clip and made the long clip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
As compared to people who needs assault weapons to feel safe? Really
Where do you people get this stuff? Tbe ignorance is astounding. Having a firearm does NOT make me, or any other intelligent trained, person, feel any more "safe". Because we are not, we can still be attacked, and the mere presence of a weapon does not guarantee safety. It does, however, up the odds of survival.
Having a weapon at hand is one thing. Having the will to survive, and take life, needs be, is the real factor at play. This business of singling out tbe choice of a semi auto rifle as unnecessary is unfounded in fact. What an individual chooses to have for defense is nobodies business but theirs. If I lived in a gang infested, inner city, setting, I would certainly feel the "need"for a rifle, such as an AR 15. I would want to be, at least, competitive, with the bad guys.
I live in a very rural setting, however, so, I could keep anything from an AR , a shotvu.shotgun, a handgun or my bolt action, long range, precision rifle at hand. But, my all around pick is the tactical shotgun, loaded with #4 buckshot.
Dont assume to know what I "need"for or don't need. Thats my personal business, and my reasons for having what I do are my own.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
and if they did criminals would still have them. The only thing this would accomplish is keeping
out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

They are too easy to make with scrap metal and a bender.
A straight clip is a breeze to make. Spring pressure becomes an issue with longer clips.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:21 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
I own weapons but I also can fight. Been in plenty. I feel secure without an assault weapon on me at all times because I am a man.
So why do you own weapons?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What does being conservative or liberal have to do with this?

According to some, liberals have sex without thinking of consequences. I was just pointing out that conservatives do to.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I own weapons but I also can fight. Been in plenty. I feel secure without an assault weapon on me at all times because I am a man.

Can I laugh out loud now!
Too funny!

Here is a clue.... you will die a man, either way.
Should we bury you, holding your junk?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
I agree. Kids need good parenst who care about them,not how many guns they have.

Adults should choose not to own assault weapons - Baltimore Sun

really? well my daughters all know how to shoot, and when they leave the home, they can take all of their misnamed lookalike military assault rifles.

i dont agree with what you say or what the sun says either.

maybe the sun should remember that the Bill of Rights apply and that what they say does not matter to those same rights.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM

83 posts, read 47,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So why do you own weapons?
In case they try it again.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
According to some, liberals have sex without thinking of consequences. I was just pointing out that conservatives do to.

It is extremely hard to modify mother nature.
There is one thing on a boys mind constantly, and it is not how big his gun is.
It is the girls choice to give it up or not.
Women own ½ the world and all the *ussy.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Those should be outlawed.

really? why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies