Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
The GOP doesn't stand for financial sanity like they used to. As of late all I've seen them do is cut taxes and spend more. Federal spending increased heavily under GWB and Bush Sr while revenues didn't stay consistent....even during the uptick before thr bubble burst. They aren't willing to tackle entitlements and Ryan's budget increased the deficit.......I don't see anything fiscally conservative anymore....just a bunch of pissing and moaning about guns, abortion, and Jesus.

Juicing up an economy with huge tax cuts is just like a junkie mainlining smack. You feel real good and your problems go away, You don't give a damn about anyone or anything. This nation has been an economic junkie since 1981 when we made a deal with our GOP Pushers but just like smack it doesn't last forever and soon you will do anything to get more. Eventually our economy will make that trip down to the hospital morgue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
PSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT: Rush doesn't hold an elected office nor does he have power of any kind. Hannity has even less.

I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to Rush. And I rarely watch Hannity unless he has someone exceptionally interesting as a guest. I pay no attention to him.

Looks like you're dead wrong, but I'm sure you'll continue on your merry way with your foolish notions.

If Jindal wants to stop the stupid, he needs to be the first to go. The man is just plain creepy.
Too bad then that Rush is ruining it for the GOP.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You don't read well, do you! You quoted someone who specifically said she doesn't pay attention to those types you mention. Comprehension? Not so much.

Jindal is creepy because of his demeanor. His color (or hue) has nothing to do with it. I actually kinda liked him until his 2008 speech.

Yeah, blah blah blah. Rs aren't going anywhere.

Exactly the point! Repubs are going nowhere.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Too bad then that Rush is ruining it for the GOP.
Wow, that's denial if I ever saw it.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
...and you can't even trust what they say. This is a part of a speech by Bobby Jindal:

This is what Jindal recently did:

Let's see, lowering taxes for millionaires and raising them on everyone else...THE NEW REPUBLICAN!
Hey, isn't that "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"?

Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Well...I had my hopes up that after we had our asses handed to us that the party higher ups would consider a bit of a more moderate reboot. I think the meeting in Charlotte has spelled the end of the hopes for a more moderate GOP in the future. My fellow Virginian, Eric Cantor, has stated the GOP will not be changing course.

If this doesn't change I think that more center right and moderate republicans in the future (like myself) are going to start migrating towards blue dog democrats......the GOP as it is now is practically unelectable on the executive level...and it's awfully f**king sad.
How do you get fearful people who lack intelligence to "reboot?" They are not capable of it, and unfortunately they have overrun the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies