Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,966 times

Advertisements

The said thing, is I see a lot of "vets" kind of claiming vull**** benefits. It's said because it pulls from vets that need it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
As understaffed as they are, my local VA always does "try" to give me the best care they can and I am always treated with respect and dignity. I am appreciative of all they do. Yeah, there are problems, but when you consider some of the services we veterans recieve that aren't even considered for payment by a lot of insurance companies, it's a pretty good agency. I agree more funding is needed and more facilities are needed, but the people at the VA do a pretty good job of giving the vets the most bang for the buck. You won't here this vet crying about not recieving adequate care. I'm damn grateful.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
I have been using the local VA Medical Ctr for primary care as well as some major surgery for 20 years and always had great respect for it but in the last couple years they are so over loaded with younger Vets returning and others signing up due to loss of coverage waiting time for appointments is beyond reasonable.I have had mistakes happen in my case, just waiting for a Rx to be filled can take up to an hour.Someone please tell Washington they need help and $$ !!
Why are we paying for your benefits for over 20 years?
The VA should be seeing only service related injuries.

It's because of people like you using the system that they can't get to the newly created casualties of war.

But, you've got yours, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I use thr VA as well. They are woefully overloaded and understaffed. It is amazing that do such a good job and the last thing they should do is change management. It helps the VA if the Vet will take the effort to cooperate with the reality. Stay mindful of appointments, use the onlne support for keeping track of tests and appointments. Be on time, if not early. If an appointment is scheduled that you know from experience requires labs prior, make sure the lab order was given. It takes a while to process script orders particularly with such low staffing. Expect it and deal. Go get some coffee and relax a bit, maybe think about why you are complaining and what the Docs and Staff are doing for a lot of other Vets. Washington, well the Admin anyway, is well aware of the needs, it's Congress that is hesitant to fund it.
Over $5 million is lost in Europe annually in missed appointments.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
A little bit but not enough to keep up with the case load and saying "we'll have new stuff in five years" doesn't really cut it for the wounded vets who need medical help now.
It takes a while to build a new hospital or to add on to an existing structure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies