Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, I watched the whole video, and actually read the whole thread, before I decided to chime in.The video talked about things that were pretty heavily reported on during Katrina, the weapons confiscations were big news in the shooting community back then. I actually got to see NO after when I went down for a couple weeks as part of an infrastructure crew. There were a lot of troops rolling around, but I didn't interact with any other than an engineer company that supported us with certain heavy equipment.
The door kicking and gun confiscation is certainly true. It happened. I have no problem believing it was used as a test case. We heard about a lot of stuff that happened along these lines, and the news was full of it.
Looters and bangers, basically one in the same, had shot at helicopters and vehicles, but in the end it was the folks who stayed in their homes and were armed to defend themselves that saw the business end of the "protective force". Poor colks were soft targets, taken down so somebody's reports looked good.
Never saw a single NO cop. Not one. Word waz they pretty much dropped and ran. News reports confirmed what we heard. It was a total wreck, and my stay was not short enough.
I have no opinion on the UN bit, but anyone who trys to deny the troops and assisting agencies kicking in innocent peoples doors, looking for guns, is just trying to keep the lie going. A lot of decent folks, who just wanted to defend their homes, were roughed up bad. But, as I said, it made someones repots about confiscated weapons numbers look good. Didnt matter that tbe guns weren't taken from the bad guys.
My foster daughter ran a mess hall for about 5000 troops there and she says she heard all of what you say while there, about 3 months. I know that few who could be involved in Obama desires will ever manage to believe any of this.

Thanks for viewing the whole thing and then reading the thread. I do that always and it seems that it is very apparent who has read or viewed any of the links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
What UN "Peaceforce?" In case you had not noticed, the UN has no "peaceforce" or military force of any kind. They are 100% dependent upon the military of their member nations to enforce UN Covenants. The very same military the UN wants to abolish.

The UN has absolutely no authority to implement anything they concoct. It requires their member nations to be complicit with their schemes, and it requires their member nations to enforce those schemes.
And, to top it all off, the UN couldn't find it's ass with both hands, a full moon, radar and their momma's
help. The UN is the largest joke ever perpetrated on humanity.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:53 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you didn't see the head law enforcement officer from NYC talking on TV this morning. I am pretty sure that most of our military people wouldn't fire on citizens but they may get theirs if they didn't, too.

As for Kent State, I can promise you that the NG troops were scared out of their pants with their numbers of 27 or so against 10,000 rioters. They were very young and many were against people they knew. The young officer who says he heard a gun shot and gave the order to fire really believed they were being shot at, I think. You are speaking media talk about that one now and I am talking researched words about what happened. That gave some some very serious thoughts about using NG to hold back rioters, since they were really nothing more than weekend warriors who were there largely for the money. Their training was pretty simple and I don't think they should have been there.

How about you tell us what the Kent State riots were all about? What set those people off, in the first place?
I do not watch TV. I cancelled my TV subscription in August 2006. Like I said, I am not concerned about our military. They will not fire on innocent unarmed Americans, even if so ordered, unless it was in self-defense. The NG at Kent State were placed in a situation where they had no training or experience and they panicked. The military is equally unequipped or trained for handing civilians and should not be placed in that situation. The NG should only be used for routine things like traffic control, or providing assistance in cases of natural disasters in order to free up law enforcement from those mundane tasks. At no time should the NG ever be used for crowd control or to enforce the law.

The Kent State protesters were protesting US involvement in Vietnam, specifically the bombings in Cambodia. While I disagreed with their protests, they had the right to protest as long as it was peaceful. When the protestors started throwing bottles at police, they lost that right to protest because it was no longer peaceful, and should have been dispersed and/or arrested by the police.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, are you anticipating a nation-wide hurricane some time soon?
I think that claud would like to see people like you admit that you don't know a lot about NO at that time or that you don't like to think about what did happen.

Did you read any part of the link that claud provided us with? Doubtful, to me.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
What UN "Peaceforce?" In case you had not noticed, the UN has no "peaceforce" or military force of any kind. They are 100% dependent upon the military of their member nations to enforce UN Covenants. The very same military the UN wants to abolish.

The UN has absolutely no authority to implement anything they concoct. It requires their member nations to be complicit with their schemes, and it requires their member nations to enforce those schemes.
Go ahead and read the link that clodhopper provided and see how many times the term UN Peacekeeping force shows up in it. Maybe you need to do some reading so you will be better informed than the average leaner. I know you aren't one of them but you are managing to sound like it here.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Speaking as a member in good standing of the vast right wing conspiracy and a gun owner I would like to say I don't believe it to be true at all.

(welcome to my ignore list)
You can't ignore them or you don't know what they are saying. I tried ignore about 8 years ago and had to take it off. Many here have me there because they don't want to know what I say. That is a liberal method of keeping from having to change your mind sometime.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Nothing from the Alex Jones is even remotely credible. Like I said, the video deliberately misconstrues the 1961 document for the purpose of inciting irrational fear. Only a complete idiot would pay any attention to anything this jerk, or his network, has to say. Everything he spews is a complete fabrication. His only intent is to deceive.

Anyone who cites Alex Jones, or his network, cannot have more than a room-temperature IQ, and is not someone with whom I want to have a conversation.
We surely don't keep our house as hot as my IQ but maybe you don't know any more about what IQ is than many of the leaners here. I don't think you ever read much from Alex Jones and I don't very often either but I took that one from another blog that was pushing Jones at the time. Maybe you really don't want to hear anything Jones says as true. Kind of like the leaners here talking about how Morgan handled him that night. I listened to that over and over and it appeared to me that Morgan was the loser. Of course, I didn't dislike Jones so much that I couldn't listen to them with my bias in gear.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
And, to top it all off, the UN couldn't find it's ass with both hands, a full moon, radar and their momma's
help. The UN is the largest joke ever perpetrated on humanity.
When one reads that little deal from 1961 and can't see the UN as really on fire then is trying to prove that he doesn't remember what was going on back then. I was in Europe spying, in a manner of speaking, on Iron Curtain military forces from 1955 - 1957 and we saw what the UN was trying to do even though the US was its force. Yep, reading that little thing from 1961 all the way through tells a lot about what was going on back then.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:

True. There is nothing to be afraid of. I work for the UN and they can't even get my payslip right most months.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I do not watch TV. I cancelled my TV subscription in August 2006. Like I said, I am not concerned about our military. They will not fire on innocent unarmed Americans, even if so ordered, unless it was in self-defense. The NG at Kent State were placed in a situation where they had no training or experience and they panicked. The military is equally unequipped or trained for handing civilians and should not be placed in that situation. The NG should only be used for routine things like traffic control, or providing assistance in cases of natural disasters in order to free up law enforcement from those mundane tasks. At no time should the NG ever be used for crowd control or to enforce the law.

The Kent State protesters were protesting US involvement in Vietnam, specifically the bombings in Cambodia. While I disagreed with their protests, they had the right to protest as long as it was peaceful. When the protestors started throwing bottles at police, they lost that right to protest because it was no longer peaceful, and should have been dispersed and/or arrested by the police.
The Kent State protests began against some students working at a munitions station as experimenters. I always thought that although the crap against the war was a part of it I also saw what they were doing as taking away the rights of some students to make money to go to school on although the majority of the student body didn't agree. Yes, taking away Constitutional rights from citizens can never be smiled at and then ignored.

You mentioned the throwing of bottles. How about the burning of school buildings? Those buildings belonged to the state of Ohio since the school was a state school. Those kids should have been manhandled from the very beginning.

These days there are units in the Army who are trained to handle civilian Pelosi when needed. I believe that some have been trained post-Obama to handle things for other reasons, though. I guess that makes me a stupid Jones supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies