Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,624,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you list the bills the House passed that were vetoed by Obama?
I count anything stuck in the Senate as an Obama veto, because Harry Reid does as the President wishes. So the answer is tons of legislation passed by the House was blocked from any further passage by Obama and the Democrats.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times
Fox News really gets the Liberals upset. How dare they say anything bad about Liberals, Obama or the Liberal agenda. I can't remember this much hate directed towards the news media since the Nixon days. And Nixon is a boy scout compared to Obama.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hopefully concerning this issue they don't. I already noted that it's stupid to compromise our rights away. It's a complete waste of time at that as the courts have already ruled that individuals are Constitutionally protected here.
OK, that's cool, but it also means that Obama was simply stating a fact, and that this thread is BS.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What do you think compromise is? Obama's way or the highway? Does that work for you?
What compromise have they offered? None.

If one side does not offer any kind of compromise, then it is fair to say they are not willing to compromise. If you said they are willing to compromise, when they are not, then you'd actually be lying.

I think the common ground with this issue is universal backgroud checks, where vast majority of people support them. Anything else will fail the senate anyway, so why even try. Feinstain's proposal has zero chance of passing.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What compromise have they offered? None.

If one side does not offer any kind of compromise, then it is fair to say they are not willing to compromise. If you said they are willing to compromise, when they are not, then you'd actually be lying.

I think the common ground with this issue is universal backgroud checks, where vast majority of people support them. Anything else will fail the senate anyway, so why even try. Feinstain's proposal has zero chance of passing.
Actually that's another liberal lie. (and what they are really after.... The rest is a smoke screen to make their continued 'take a little more and more' appear to be a compromise)

The majority of ONE POLL said yes (and we ALL know how easy it is to screw with THOSE depending on who you ask)

There are STATES which are announcing that is unacceptable as, in new York it is clearly a step towards confiscation. (I heard on the radio one politician in NY complaining that they couldn't be sure of the 'evil now illegal guns' because they were not registered)
Ca is a prime example of this progression.

Registration, which has proven to be 'giving the freedom cannaible your hand' is unacceptable.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, that's cool, but it also means that Obama was simply stating a fact, and that this thread is BS.
Concerning this issue there are thousands and thousands of (D)'s that are not going to accept restrictions on fire arms. I suppose they all get their lead from Rush also?

No, this is something that a large majority of American's have held as a given for around 236 years.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Obama 'Compromise would work if Republican Lawmakers Not Punished On FOX News Or By Rush Limbaugh'

Compromise would also work if Obama did not have the attitude of his way or he tries to destroy the opposition.

For allegedly being so smart, he doesn't seem to realize that compromise means that both sides give a little to reach a solution.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What is the point here? The House doesn't pass bills and send them to the president. Maybe you have a valid point somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.
A poster claimed that Obama was not compromising with the Republicans so I wanted more information.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
When did the constitution become negotiable? Did I miss the memo?
Answer: when Obama was elected. He only follows those parts that he thinks that he can use and re-interprets or ignores the rest of it, bypasses it whenever he can.

Put down the obama-ade and take an honest look at him.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Answer: when Obama was elected. He only follows those parts that he thinks that he can use and re-interprets or ignores the rest of it, bypasses it whenever he can.

Put down the obama-ade and take an honest look at him.
The courts had to smack Bush around also when he thought he could just throw American's in prison and forget that they had due process rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies