Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times

Advertisements

And he's not alone...

Terry Bradshaw:

"If I had a son today, and I would say this to all our audience and our viewers out there, I would not let him play football," Bradshaw said during a Wednesday appearance on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

Troy Aikman:

"I think that we're at a real crossroads, as it relates to the grassroots of our sport, because if I had a 10-year-old boy, I don't know that I'd be real inclined to encourage him to go play football, in light of what we are learning from head injury.

Bart Scott:

“I don’t want my son to play football,” Scott told the Daily News. “I play football so he won’t have to. With what is going on, I don’t know if it’s really worth it.”
Scott considers himself part of the “2%” who were able to make it in the NFL out of all the players who play in college and have aspirations to make football their career. “Think about guys in college or Division III, what’s their reward? What about the other 98%,” Scott said. “My reward is being able to provide for my family at a high level.”

“I don’t want to have to deal with him getting a concussion and what it would be like later in life,” he said.
“He can play baseball. I really don’t want him boxing, either, even though he wants to box. I won’t let him box. It’s not worth it. The most important thing for me is him being around and me being able to spend a long time with him and I’m sure, at the end of the day, all the things I'm able to buy him from playing football, he’d much rather have me.”

Dexter Coakley:

“Zahn is not going to play tackle football until the seventh or eighth grade,”

Kurt Warner:

"Just because I love the game, and because I appreciate it, and I'm a huge fan of it -- and it did so much for my life -- does not mean that as a parent, I can just be oblivious to what comes with it," Warner said. "To me, it's ignorant to have people comment and say, 'OK, because it did so much for you, throw your kids out there, forget about the concerns and just go with it. Because it was good to you, so you shouldn't have any concerns or you shouldn't speak out about those things.' To me, that's ridiculous.

"To me, I'm a fan of the game. I love the game. I want to see the game last forever, so I'm going to speak out, and I'm not going to hide the realistic parts of the game that not only I have (concerns about), but that parents across the country have. You can't hide from those, you have to be out in front, you have to be straight-forward with those things, in an attempt to get people to get educated, to have knowledge, to be hands-on with their kids."

Spent to time finding these quotes not to post'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
No, because Obama's son would be part Kenyan so he would be out kicking your son's butt on the cross country course.
So, your answer is yes?

Incidentally, does anyone know if Malia runs cross country?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Wanna reduce head injuries? Put 'em back in leather shoulder pads and leather helmets with no face masks so that it hurts to hit someone just as much as it hurts them to be hit.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Wanna reduce head injuries? Put 'em back in leather shoulder pads and leather helmets with no face masks so that it hurts to hit someone just as much as it hurts them to be hit.
By any chance, have you taken a few shots to the old noggin over the years?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
It's definitely something I'd have to think about. I've known guys who wrecked their knees playing HS and college football, not even pretending they were ever going pro but just for love of sports. I never had to worry about it because my son was not interested in sports.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:40 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
But yet he'll send someone elses son off to be killed in a war of agression.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:42 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,237 times
Issues...

Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But yet he'll send someone elses son off to be killed in a war of agression.
Actually he's bringing them home.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
By any chance, have you taken a few shots to the old noggin over the years?
Do you think it's been good for the safety of the players that they can now hit each other with maximum force with virtually no inhibition? How many rugby or Australian Rules Football players are exhibiting signs of dementia by their late 40s and committing suicide?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
Obama has a right to raise his children whichever way he wants.

If Tea Partiers want their toddler sons to play with guns, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies