Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,540,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
tell that to the dead bodies at the movies there in Co.

the real question is why would liberals be against guards
Who says liberals would be against "armed" guards? The question is why should a law require you to own a gun though? What does that have to do with the people in that Colorado movie theatre also? Most people who go to a movie are thinking about enjoying a film not about if they have to carry a weapon and thinking they are going to get shot.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
No problem I do try to be rational when I can and am not in a miserable mood, I wish we would have done healthcare the way obama first promised it as well but I feel that he was never really serious as can be seen by nearly every other thing he has put through which is usually some old dated republican policy that he just revives and calls it his. I would trust the government more If I could trust my fellow Americans not to be stupid and fall for catchy slogans or sound bites. I think the government would run smoother if we had a serious reform of how our politicians get money. I am against lobbying, I am against special interests whether they be union or not. As far as I see the reason why obama AND many of the democrats failed to put through the much better and fiscally responsible Single payer HC plan was simply because they are all beholden to the insurance companies.

I no longer feel our politicians work for us and that is both dem and republican they are all prostitutes it's just that these prostitutes have money and power and can do harm to everyone on a grander scale. I find it pathetic what we as a country have come to which is why I no longer read the news paper and barely if at all watch tv.
So in the end we both agree that we have those in power that are screwing us but then charging us. Unfortunately that doesn't address or solve any of our problems.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Who says liberals would be against "armed" guards? The question is why should a law require you to own a gun though? What does that have to do with the people in that Colorado movie theatre also? Most people who go to a movie are thinking about enjoying a film not about if they have to carry a weapon and thinking they are going to get shot.
huh???

the OP is about businesses having armed guards....to include something like a movie theater....many movies will have the POLICE there on friday and saturday nights....JUST IN CASE

who says liberals are against guards...this thread... all the liberals "up in arms" over a possible law to require guards for SAFETY

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,001,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why would liberals be against having guards.......hmmmm
Because we don't like the Republican Fascist Government controlling our lives and telling us what we have to do in our private businesses and our personal lives, DOH.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,874,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I just saw on the local news and was dumbstruck. It's set to be debated tomorrow.

Colorado GOP Calls For Armed Security At Businesses « CBS Denver

The bill will require venues (businesses, shopping malls, libraries, etc) that chose not allow patrons to have guns on the premise to hire armed guards. They will have to hire 1 armed guard for every 50 people the venue can accommodate.
The way it is worded is a bit odd but I believe what they are doing is protecting a business rights to have armed security.

Repealing a law is much more difficult than passing a law.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
The way it is worded is a bit odd but I believe what they are doing is protecting a business rights to have armed security.

Repealing a law is much more difficult than passing a law.
Repealing a law? Protecting a business' right to have armed security? What are you talking about?

Many businesses have a no-weapons policy. This bill would require that such businesses hire armed guards.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
I don't like the idea of regulating the businesses in such a manner, but certainly businesses should be encouraged to allow patrons to carry on the premises, or armed guards should be present if the business chooses to be a "gun free zone".

Instead of making it a requirement, I recommend a tax credit for business that either are friendly to patrons who choose to carry and/or provide an armed guard.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't like the idea of regulating the businesses in such a manner, but certainly businesses should be encouraged to allow patrons to carry on the premises, or armed guards should be present if the business chooses to be a "gun free zone".
People and businesses should be able to do whatever they damn please here without cajoling one way or the other.

Quote:
Instead of making it a requirement, I recommend a tax credit for business that either are friendly to patrons who choose to carry and/or provide an armed guard.
So what you are promoting is a tax credit for the local health food store that states they are friendly to patrons who choose to carry even if not a single person carrying ever steps into the store?

Now I am all for tax breaks whenever possible but does this really make sense?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So what you are promoting is a tax credit for the local health food store that states they are friendly to patrons who choose to carry even if not a single person carrying ever steps into the store?
Yes.

The idea is that the criminals don't know whether a person who is armed is present at the business. This uncertainty should be cultivated whenever possible. A tax credit would encourage businesses to foster an environment where people are comfortable bringing their firearms with them without being made to seem like outcasts. This will improve overall security.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
^^Lame idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.