Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Why do you have such a deep seated interest in Obama? I mean he is a handsome guy but geeze.
Could it be somewhat related to dunking pigtails in the ink well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 11:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times

Another fake.....

I loved how after a photo op like this, he said 'hunters could still hunt ducks with their same old rifles'.

Bill doesn't know it's against the LAW to hunt ducks with rifles. he did pass the ID 10 T test though

Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM

408 posts, read 607,356 times
Right wing extremists claiming the photo of Obama firing a rifle is doctored: bottom of the barrel ?

We can only hope.

The Tea-publicans are turning into a real f*ing sideshow.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
Right wing extremists claiming the photo of Obama firing a rifle is doctored: bottom of the barrel ?

We can only hope.

No one is claiming it's doctored. From the various comments I see over the web they are saying it was a staged photo op.
Take a closer look at the gun though. You are just regurgitating the same error the journalists are making..that's a shotgun, not a rifle.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:

We can only hope.

They actually put a disclaimer on the photo.........

"This official White House photograph is being made available only for publication by news organizations and/or for personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that in any way suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House."

Can't even email it or print it. I hope you swooners haven't printed it off and hung it over your mantle yet. The storm troopers will hunt you down. lol

Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If Obama was a "shooter" he woulda fired off some campaign photo ops of him slinging his rifle around to run in those "redneck" states. They all do it. He's a liar of epic proportions.
He did, but i guess you missed it. This was done in the 7 states only Obama knows about, it's a secret!

The grabbers don't know a rifle from a shot gun either.... it figures.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
HA HA HA what number lie is this ? What ever he shoots is from out his ASS Ha Ha Ha

I never heard that Obama denied that he smokes or used to smoke.
BTW, he looks maybe 30 years old in that picture.

I smoke; you got a problem with that?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:09 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,642 times
Do we not know by now that our President says whatever the audience in front of him wants to hear?

Campaign-Obama was against huge budget deficits that "stole from our children" and senseless foreign wars. Campaign-Obama promised a "transparent" government free of back-room deals when campaigning; to allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries; to repeal a prohibition on Medicare negotiating with drug companies over prices; to ensure that any tax breaks/earmarks for corporate recipients are publicly available on the Internet; to not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days; to raise the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2011, index it to inflation; to "thin the ranks of Washington middle managers, freeing up resources both for deficit reduction and for increasing the number of frontline workers;" to returning earmarks ("pork projects") to less than $7.8 billion a year, the level they were at before 1994; to convert the entire White House fleet to plug-ins within one year of becoming President; to allow withdrawals of 15% up to $10,000 from retirement accounts without penalty...just some of the massive list of campaign promises ignored after the election. PolitiFact | The Obameter: Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny

So, does this newly-revealed love of skeet shooting mean that Obama is now abandoning the proposed gun control initiative. No.

Did the President's henchmen come up with the proposed gun control initiative all on their own, without the blessing of their great leader? Hardly, as he is quoted (in the same interview where he mentioned his skeet-shooting) here: "Obama also said he can get 50 percent of public support for many of his upcoming initiatives, but “I can't get enough votes out of the House of Representatives to actually get something passed." Obama suggests Republicans unwilling to compromise in gun control debate | Fox News

Based on what he has done so far in office, I have no doubt that if Obama gets his gun control proposal through in any form, he will interpret it as "a public mandate" to use the power of the Executive Office (unfettered by Congressional approval) to further restrict gun rights and the rights of individuals to not only hunt, but to defend themselves against both criminal attackers and the potential abuses of our own government (now and in the future). The proposal to limit ammunition sales to 10 rounds is a perfect "foot in the door" to reduce the amount of rounds per sale to 5 rounds, then 1 round, and then 0--since if the government can legislate the amount of ammunition per sale, they can logically decide that the number should be zero.

Similarly, why is this measure included (and defined as not needing Congressional review and approval): "Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes." So in the future doctors will be required by law to ask if there are guns not only owned by the patient, but in the home of the patient? Exactly how will the government use that information, if not to later restrict the right of an individual to own a gun to defend him or herself--based on a family member's (or renter's, or roommate's) health or mental health status? Will you be denied the right to have a gun because your roommate, renter, cousin, or friend was once depressed, or violated some government rule or regulation?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:

We can only hope.

The funny things is it's likely not.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I never heard that Obama denied that he smokes or used to smoke.
BTW, he looks maybe 30 years old in that picture.

I smoke; you got a problem with that?
Only in as much as you pay for your own health care if the time comes. Obama is a fake and we all know it...

I just amuse myself here. If the snow pack didn't get washed out i would be up some mtn trail skiing, snowshoeing or hiking, but there isn't snow or ice enough for any of that really right now. The ice is even too think for crampons.

You wouldn't know much about that i am so sure.

And then i did get time to sight in a rifle today, a tad too late however as in the process a red commie woods rat emerged and i missed it twice!

I won't miss it next time

But the Obama Kid looks mean and nasty with that 'rifle' LOL

The best thing i can say is who ever the artist is, he does great on the puppets strings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies