Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Good for him. He busts clay over bloody marys. So what about we serious shooters. Who compete in 3these Gun, ICORE, IPSC/USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc? The guns they want to ban, and the mag limits, just about destroys tbe sports, as tbe equipment will be illegal.
That funny... the International Practical Shooting Confederation competitions are conducted world wide and in countries like China, Australia, Japan, and the United Kingdom all of which have far more restrictive gun laws than the U.S. And as you know(?) only the open division allows for "high capacity" magazines in the first place.

The Steel Challenge their divisions are based upon International Defense Pistol Association (IDPA)classifications which LIMIT magazine capacity in the Custom Defensive Pistol division to EIGHT rounds, and TEN rounds in the Stock Service Pistol Division.

ICORE, why you listed ICORE, the International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiast is simply beyond comprehension unless you were in need of another competition to bolster your argument and hoped that we either wouldn't know or take the time to look up the competitions and their rules. Not a good idea.

It is also rather interesting that you neglected to point out that tactical reloading is an important part of these competitions for both pistol and revoler competitors so that limiting magazines even the full race gun category of IPSC's Open Division wouldn't destroy any more than limiting engine size is destroying motorsports.

Quote:
But hey, the prez can still enjoy his swanky sport.
Yes, by all means roll your eyes because you must know that a basic Open Division IPSC pistol starts around $3,000. You can shoot clay pigeons with grandma's 12 gauge. As for swank, yeah as any flip-flop wearing guest on the back of a cruise ship knows, shooting clays is as swank as life gets.

Last edited by ovcatto; 01-28-2013 at 08:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Pffffft...you guys are acting like shooting guns is some sort of manly, tough guy thing. Nothing could be further from the truth.

More punks, cowards, and complete wimps own and shoot guns than there are mosquitoes in a swamp.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pffffft...you guys are acting like shooting guns is some sort of manly, tough guy thing. Nothing could be further from the truth.

More punks, cowards, and complete wimps own and shoot guns than there are mosquitoes in a swamp.
Totally agree. Cops are nothing more than a bunch of cowardly bullies.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
What's the point of his saying that? How is it relevant to anything?

Because he shoots skeet it is "OK" for him to try to ban guns? I don't see a connection.

BTW- My dog has gas. That is just as relevant to the gun debate as President Obama's statement.
Did you not read the article? Perhaps read things before asking questions. He was asked in an interview if he ever shoots guns. He said that he shoots skeet. You would know that if you had read the article.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Totally agree. Cops are nothing more than a bunch of cowardly bullies.
I don't think all cops are cowardly bullies. I'm sure that the overwhelming majority aren't.

Still though, i've never been someone to associate gun ownership and shooting with some weird notion that the owner is tough or manly. I just think that they like guns and shooting, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't associate masculinity with it at all.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
The way that Marxist throws a baseball....I would be shocked if he knows how to hold and shoot a gun!!!

Barack Obama: 'I go shooting all the time' - Telegraph
The headline leaves out "skeet shooting at Camp David" assuming he said this. I suspect this is the more common weapon he uses at Camp David:

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
He's a known liar and you'd have to be quite the idiot to believe anything he says.
But let him go shooting with Dick Cheney if he wants to get into the hobby.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He's a known liar and you'd have to be quite the idiot to believe anything he says.
But let him go shooting with Dick Cheney if he wants to get into the hobby.

But they will have to take Biden hunting with them ! or else we are really scr***d.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And yet no video of the liar in chief engaging in said activity.

He is shameless.
He's reached the point that he's lied so much he can't separate truth from lies and it's going to get worse much worse.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
LOL, I love, LOVE, how angered people get over President Obama. Look at the ridiculous things said about him. Shows what an excellent job he's doing as president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies