Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How can anyone know how "legal" Irish immigrants are? I know one thing, a HELL of a lot of them WEREN'T legal, and anyone assuming that they were all legal is only doing so because they're Europeans.

Again, this isn't new. Ethnic groups have been pushing other ethnic groups out of neighborhoods ever since we started building large cities in America. And doing so by means of violence isn't new either. In fact, if i dig deep enough (and i'm sure i don't have to), i can find examples of whites doing the same thing to a black family that moved into the neighborhood.

This thread is laughable. I'm really supposed to believe that you guys are all of a sudden so concerned with black families being pushed out by Hispanics? Really? This thread was actually started not as an anti-illegal Hispanic thread, but an anti-black one (with the joke being on us somehow). But of course, the OP thinks he's/she's being slick and the real intention of the thread is somehow cloaked.
Please provide proof that the majority or even a lot of the Irish immigrants came here illegally. I'll wait. That has nothing to do with blacks being pushed out of their neighborhoods today by Hispanic gangs or illegal immigrants anyway. What part of gangs and illegal immigrants aren't you getting with your strawman arguments?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then you're just another Latino blurring the lines between legal and illegal. Most Americans don't have a problem with the legal ones. These blacks are being pushed out of their neighborhoods by Hispanic gangs and illegal immigrants.
I'm just another what? Good grief.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How can anyone know how "legal" Irish immigrants are? I know one thing, a HELL of a lot of them WEREN'T legal, and anyone assuming that they were all legal is only doing so because they're Europeans.

Again, this isn't new. Ethnic groups have been pushing other ethnic groups out of neighborhoods ever since we started building large cities in America. And doing so by means of violence isn't new either. In fact, if i dig deep enough (and i'm sure i don't have to), i can find examples of whites doing the same thing to a black family that moved into the neighborhood.

This thread is laughable. I'm really supposed to believe that you guys are all of a sudden so concerned with black families being pushed out by Hispanics? Really? This thread was actually started not as an anti-illegal Hispanic thread, but an anti-black one (with the joke being on us somehow). But of course, the OP thinks he's/she's being slick and the real intention of the thread is somehow cloaked.
You have data to back up your claims?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
In some areas of the world this would be called a form of "ethnic cleansing".
Oh but that doesn't happen in America, land of the free, tolerant of all, multicultural center of the world, does it ?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
I'm just another what? Good grief.
From your post it sounded like you are trying to blur the lines between legal and illegal because you tried to claim that this is about Hisapnics in general. Many Hispanics do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Then you mean Mexicans, not Hispanics. When you say stupid inaccurate racist things like that, you're including people like me, who have absolutely no connection to Mexico, to want the southern US to be an extension of Mexico. Be more accurate, or keep facing calls of xenophobia and racism. So far, you're on the losing end.
The majority may be Mexican but Hispanics support their ethnic groups through the language they speak.

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
The two groups have a tumultuous history in this area. That's not the norm in the majority of areas in the U.S. Hope the perps are taken care of...

Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The majority may be Mexican but Hispanics support their ethnic groups through the language they speak.
Not just language but culture also. Far too many Hispanics/Mexicans have a tribal mentality.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
In some areas of the world this would be called a form of "ethnic cleansing".
Oh but that doesn't happen in America, land of the free, tolerant of all, multicultural center of the world, does it ?
If you think about it on a national scale.

1.Disarm Americans.
2.Push amnesty for mostly one group of invaders

Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From your post it sounded like you are trying to blur the lines between legal and illegal because you tried to claim that this is about Hisapnics in general. Many Hispanics do that.
I'll admit I have mixed feelings on the matter. I will state that Newt Gingrich (of all people) had the sanest solution I've ever seen presented by either side of the issue, at least before he flip-flopped about it.

I tried to claim it's about "Hispanics in general" because of the thread title and the tone of the OP and several of the responses. I still maintain this is the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies