Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You just stated that Obama had nothing to do with the violence in Chicago, now you are attributing the Chicago violence to decisions he made.

He also never did anything to get rid of the current/pst laws when he was there either, now did he.

Quote:
By the way, Obama never passed any "Chicago" laws. He did pass federal and state laws however, but not city. He never held a city position.
This is your favorite argument, if obama passes a state law, did it not include Chicago? Do you know how ignorant that sounds.....

I passed a "state" law, however, it does not include Chicago....

Old 01-28-2013, 03:40 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,774 times
Quote:
Is it because Obama lived in Chicago?? Gary Indiana has a much higher homicide rate, as do many other cities.
Basically they are the same area. You could trow a rock from Chicago and probably hit Gary by accident.
he tri-state area is usually just called "Chicago" even though there are 3 states that converge at that spot. Memphis Tennessee has the same problem, even worse as 4 state lines are within 20 miles of each
other.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Basically they are the same area. You could trow a rock from Chicago and probably hit Gary by accident.
he tri-state area is usually just called "Chicago" even though there are 3 states that converge at that spot. Memphis Tennessee has the same problem, even worse as 4 state lines are within 20 miles of each
other.
But the point is that Gary doesn't have to obey Illinois law.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, never said you did. But the Sandy Hook is out front, that's the focus, period.

Chicago has a high rate of gun violence, because obama supported those laws, and past laws, is why Chicago continues to be brought up, NOT because he is president.

Haha, again with the 71L.....I proved you wrong on that a long time ago, I know it gets hard to keep up when you lie so much, but trust me old timer, you cannot get anything past me.
B.S....this is only because Obama is president. And the gun violence in Chicago has nothing to do with Obama.

And yea...again with the 71L. You didn't prove me wrong, you only claimed that I was wrong about that. Besides, I told you that I was joking...so maybe i was right since its apparently touching a nerve.

Get anything past YOU? LMAO...who in the hell are you that I should try to "get anything past" you? Uhhhh...you ain't nobody to me dude. Let some air out of that noggin

Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,546 times
Oh, I don't know.....maybe because a president by the name of Obama hails from there, and the conservatives think he's some kind of messiah or something? I mean, they(conservatives) are always referring to him as the messiah, and isn't the messiah supposed to bring world peace when he returns?

Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Oh, I don't know.....maybe because a president by the name of Obama hails from there, and the conservatives think he's some kind of messiah or something? I mean, they(conservatives) are always referring to him as the messiah, and isn't the messiah supposed to bring world peace when he returns?
Yeah, I never really could understand that about conservatives, the man was elected president, get over it.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He also never did anything to get rid of the current/pst laws when he was there either, now did he.

This is your favorite argument, if obama passes a state law, did it not include Chicago? Do you know how ignorant that sounds.....

I passed a "state" law, however, it does not include Chicago....
Make up your mind. Is he personally responsible for all murder in Chicago or not?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, I never really could understand that about conservatives, the man was elected president, get over it.
They can't deal with it. Just seeing his face on tv it the mention of his name throws them into a rage. They can't suppress it. The hate is too palpable.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ad hominem's are usually the last of your defenses when you've spent all of your best ammo in your arsenal on the battle. The conservatives, bless their hearts, keep trying their best to stick something to the president, but what they're trying to stick to him just doesn't seem to want to stick! You gotta feel sorry for the lil'buggers, some times.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:01 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They can't deal with it. Just seeing his face on tv it the mention of his name throws them into a rage. They can't suppress it. The hate is too palpable.
Get over youself.... you guys were even worse when Bush was in office

Yawn..... the fake outrage is amazing as always from the left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.